Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
 
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #41
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
OMG. Dude. Get off the UV kick.

I'm talking about MA movies. I own the 4k license.

Hidden Figures
Home Alone
Planet of the Apes

They all became 4k on FDN today.
are you owning them through iTunes? go into your MA transaction history and look for these movies to see if you actually own the 4k license.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #42
alexy25 alexy25 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
alexy25's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
The films shouldn't be pulled. If they want to pull the UV license, fine. But Once they're in your library, they should STAY there. Movies didn't bounce in and out if they lost or gained BACK their UV license.
i fixed it to make it more clear pulled was a bad choice of a word
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #43
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
are you owning them through iTunes? go into your MA transaction history and look for these movies to see if you actually own the 4k license.
Which part of "I own the 4k license on MA" didn't compute?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #44
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Which part of "I own the 4k license on MA" didn't compute?
then you should get 4k on FDN when it's linked to MA. that's only if you see the iTunes 4k in the transaction history. Some movies show iTunes HD even though you own it in 4k on iTunes
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #45
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
FDN just added a bunch of 4k titles that I already own. None ported in 4k. Still HD.

I'm assuming they're ironing out a LOT of the kinks.
Disconnect your FandangoNow account from MA. Wait a few minutes and re-connect. That did the trick for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #46
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2J View Post
"Passengers" and "The Shallows" in UHD on FandangoNow is what is preventing me from linking FN to MA. Vudu is a behemoth, but that also means they are slow to respond, slow to upgrade, and slow to strike studio deals. If (more likely 'when') UV transitions to being a legacy locker, I don't have a lot of confidence in them to secure UHD encodes for the titles they lack.
VUDU has been slowly adding more and more Sony catalog titles. They've also gotten better about Sony new releases ("All The Brave", "Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle"), so it could happen.


Now if only they'd get better about Lionsgate catalog titles too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #47
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexy25 View Post
just to piggyback on this i think the other simple and easy solution for the fix is for MA to port in "all" UV titles from fnow whether redeemed or purchased to adjust quality issues. The problem is that MA is not porting any UV redeems in from FNOW so the system is not seeing the title. Which is stupid since FNOW was a UV provider.....
Agreed! FandangoNow's separation of UV titles has always been stupid. Movies and TV shows purchased from FandangoNow in one section, and titles imported from UV in another.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #48
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
then you should get 4k on FDN when it's linked to MA. that's only if you see the iTunes 4k in the transaction history. Some movies show iTunes HD even though you own it in 4k on iTunes
I know. I'm dealing with THAT issue with them as well. I have a laundry list between MA, iTunes and FDN. I literally have it written down so I don't forget all the problems I'm having.

All are being escalated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
well since you contacted MA, let us know when there is an update.

but I really don't think they can help you since this is not an MA issue.

go to your MA transactions page and search for those 4 movies you mentioned in OP.

I bet they say VUDU * SD next to them.
They do. HOWEVER, I purchased them elsewhere. I have movies that i purchased on Cinemanow that were UV. They were HD. Just cuz they say "vudu" doesn't mean that when FDN started with MA that the HD rights should have been written over and, clearly, MA and FDN agree. So why you keep arguing the opposite is beyond me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 PM   #49
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I know. I'm dealing with THAT issue with them as well. I have a laundry list between MA, iTunes and FDN. I literally have it written down so I don't forget all the problems I'm having.

All are being escalated.



They do. HOWEVER, I purchased them elsewhere. I have movies that i purchased on Cinemanow that were UV. They were HD. Just cuz they say "vudu" doesn't mean that when FDN started with MA that the HD rights should have been written over and, clearly, MA and FDN agree. So why you keep arguing the opposite is beyond me.
I have explained to you why this so call "downgrade" happened. nothing was over written. fandangonow simply reads MA flags instead of UV flags for that movie. you only own that movie in SD in MA because vudu only offers it in SD.

I'm not aruging one way or another, just gave you an explanation. your transaction history saying vudu sd proves this.

You don't have to believe me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #50
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

In case it was missed, regarding today's UHD additions on FandangoNow, I thought I would repeat the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I have a laundry list between MA, iTunes and FDN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Disconnect your FandangoNow account from MA. Wait a few minutes and re-connect. That did the trick for me.
A Fox title I owned in 4K on MA was still saying HD on FandangoNow even after UHD was added today. I disconnected FDN from MA, and then reconnected it a few minutes later.

The Fox title was then upgraded to "Purchased In UHD".


FandangoNow doesn't appear to have the problem VUDU does with overwriting HD with UHD (when available).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheDean (03-16-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #51
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

I see that you can still unlink/relink UV in fandangonow under my account.

but it doesn't help much since they changed the flag on the movies to read off MA instead of UV
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #52
vanton619 vanton619 is offline
Senior Member
 
vanton619's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
2
305
1317
305
Default

So I found two titles in my account so far that are screwy:

Ghostbusters (2016) UHD UV redemption fell back to HD (probably because of Vudu and the MA/UV tag swap, I get that).

John Wick Chapter 2 is a UHD UV redemption on Vudu, showing as I only own it in SD.

JWC2 I know is not MA, however, I did not check in frequently with my FN collection prior to them joining MA. Was this a common/past issue or is this one that came up with the MA activation? It is still UHD in Vudu.

Overall, I'm relatively happy with them joining MA. I have about a dozen Fox UHDs I can now watch outside Apple so the sacrifice to me is minimal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #53
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I've done it. Several times. Doesn't make a difference.
Weird!

I own "Hidden Figures" in 4K on MA (redeemed in iTunes while it was 4K). While the iOS app for MA lists it as "VUDU - SD" from my cousin's SD iTunes purchase that briefly incorrectly went UV last year, MA's website shows my iTunes 4K redemption correctly.

Monday night, when FandangoNow only had "Hidden Figures" in HD (not counting the Vidity version of course), my 4K copy showed up as only being purchased in HD. After seeing your post that "Hidden Figures" was now available in UHD, I checked and verified that my copy was still saying "Purchased In HD". I disconnected like I said, and then 10-15 minutes later, I reconnected, and it changed to "Purchased In UHD".

Sadly, my copy of "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes" (which you also mentioned) was redeemed on iTunes while it was still in HD, so sadly, my copy of it is still HD, as MA has an HD license, and not a 4K one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #54
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Weird!

I own "Hidden Figures" in 4K on MA (redeemed in iTunes while it was 4K). While the iOS app for MA lists it as "VUDU - SD" from my cousin's SD iTunes purchase that briefly incorrectly went UV last year, MA's website shows my iTunes 4K redemption correctly.

Monday night, when FandangoNow only had "Hidden Figures" in HD (not counting the Vidity version of course), my 4K copy showed up as only being purchased in HD. After seeing your post that "Hidden Figures" was now available in UHD, I checked and verified that my copy was still saying "Purchased In HD". I disconnected like I said, and then 10-15 minutes later, I reconnected, and it changed to "Purchased In UHD".

Sadly, my copy of "Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes" (which you also mentioned) was redeemed on iTunes while it was still in HD, so sadly, my copy of it is still HD, as MA has an HD license, and not a 4K one.
It actually worked for upgrading all of them except the SD/HD ones I'm having a problem with. I actually got a response from FDN and they told me they're working on rectifying that for me and suggested that I disconnect and reconnect.

They're going to have to manually change their resolution in their system, I fear.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #55
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
It actually worked for upgrading all of them except the SD/HD ones I'm having a problem with. I actually got a response from FDN and they told me they're working on rectifying that for me and suggested that I disconnect and reconnect.

They're going to have to manually change their resolution in their system, I fear.
Are the SD/HD ones UV or MA?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #56
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Are the SD/HD ones UV or MA?
Well, both. They were HD on UV.

And I had other movies stay and/or transfer to HD even though MA says SD. So, regardless of what supaet screams in this thread, that's not the case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #57
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Well, both. They were HD on UV.

And I had other movies stay and/or transfer to HD even though MA says SD. So, regardless of what supaet screams in this thread, that's not the case.
The ones that stayed HD even though MA says SD, are they HD on your other services?

Also, when you say MA says SD, is this the mobile app, or the website's app? For instance, the iOS app says my copy of "Hidden Figures" is SD, but the MA website shows both a listing for SD from VUDU, and a 4K listing from iTunes. Or are those that stayed HD even though MA says SD titles MA "upgraded" to HD at launch?


supaet's description of what's going on with FandangoNow is the same as what I'm experiencing. FandangoNow correctly added all my MA licenses at the correct resolution, but they overwrote multiple titles' higher resolutions I owned through UV with lower resolutions that I owned in MA.

I was also disappointed (but not surprised) that none of my UV titles (not purchased/redeemed through FandangoNow) ported to MA, as FandangoNow only ports out purchased titles from THEM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #58
supaet supaet is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2015
132
Default

look, I don't want this to be the truth, as I have movies/quality stuck in UV myself.

we expected fandangonow to operate like vudu but clearly that wasn't the case
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #59
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
The ones that stayed HD even though MA says SD, are they HD on your other services?

Also, when you say MA says SD, is this the mobile app, or the website's app? For instance, the iOS app says my copy of "Hidden Figures" is SD, but the MA website shows both a listing for SD from VUDU, and a 4K listing from iTunes. Or are those that stayed HD even though MA says SD titles MA "upgraded" to HD at launch?

supaet's description of what's going on with FandangoNow is the same as what I'm experiencing. FandangoNow correctly added all my MA licenses at the correct resolution, but they overwrote multiple titles' higher resolutions I owned through UV with lower resolutions that I owned in MA.

I was also disappointed (but not surprised) that none of my UV titles (not purchased/redeemed through FandangoNow) ported to MA, as FandangoNow only ports out purchased titles from THEM.
They are HD on all of my services. Every one of them is HD except for Finding Nemo. For some reason, that's the one singular movie that stayed HD on itunes but is HD on all other services INCLUDING FDN.

Website's transaction history says SD only for
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America - The First Avenger
The Avengers
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 3
Up

Now, granted, they're all Disney movies. I don't know how that would make things change but...there you go.

So, for me, what he's saying is not correct. I've had them downgrade certain titles and upgrade certain titles. No rhyme or reason other than the upgraded ones are Disney and the downgraded ones are UV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #60
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
They are HD on all of my services. Every one of them is HD except for Finding Nemo. For some reason, that's the one singular movie that stayed HD on itunes but is HD on all other services INCLUDING FDN.

Website's transaction history says SD only for
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America - The First Avenger
The Avengers
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 3
Up

Now, granted, they're all Disney movies. I don't know how that would make things change but...there you go.

So, for me, what he's saying is not correct. I've had them downgrade certain titles and upgrade certain titles. No rhyme or reason other than the upgraded ones are Disney and the downgraded ones are UV.

I own all of those movies from SD digital copies that were upgraded to HD via Disney Movies Anywhere. MA transaction history lists all of those as SD in my transaction history as well, though some I have double entries for (HD from Disney Movie Rewards).

A lot of my MA movies are crazy on iTunes right now though, as I'm sure you're aware of the issues people have been having with iTunes and MA ports.

For me, there is a rhyme or reason. The downgraded ones are UV. It all comes down to FandangoNow treating UV imports differently than VUDU treats UV imports, and MA overwriting your UV licenses on FandangoNow.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.