Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
6 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
15 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
1 day ago
In the Mood for Love (Blu-ray)
£17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-03-2019, 02:31 PM   #41

May 2019

Yes this has happened to me with every preorder I’ve placed since last Friday. Payment has been taken for four and is pending for three more. Their customer service continually said it wasn’t possible but didn’t engage when I quoted payment id’s and asked them to link me to changes in terms and conditions. I’ve now been asked to wait 48 hours while they investigate the four orders where payment has been taken. I got one reply back that said -

I understand your concern regarding the charge for an item which was a pre-order. I assure you that I would look into this for you.

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

So who knows what’s going on!
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 02:49 PM   #42
Special Member

Aug 2010
-
-
-

i wonder if they'll start taking money when popular price errors happen, they'll have no legal footing on cancelling those and have to send them out at the price error prices
Old 05-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #43

Jan 2014

And yet "Pay on dispatch" is still clearly stated right under "Preorder with 1-click" button.
Pff. This sucks.

"This new experience will avoid processing multiple authorisations and charges for the same order."

Quite the opposite.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

I'm switching bank accounts so I went in this morning and switched all my pre-orders to the new card/account and they've charged the lot.
Customer services are telling me this is simply a pre-authorisation and not a payment and it will be released in 5-7 working days, and it is the fault of my bank for stopping me from spending the money in the meantime. They claim there has been no change in amazon's policy - but they repeatedly told me to start with that there had been no charges or pre-authorisations made because they don't do that until they ship the item.

I remember the days when amazon's customer service was the best you could find, they'd fall over themselves to apologise and put things right. They've definitely gone past the tipping point of giving a crap about word of mouth or losing individual customers, or even the customer experience. Infuriating and awful every time I have a problem now.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #45
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

If they continue to cock pre-orders up then they'll lose customers for big-ticket items, no-one wants to see a hundred quid disappear for a week six months before release date.

Last Sunday I emailed them saying I was disappointed with an order due the 23rd not turning up. What did they do? They cancelled the order and apologized. The 4 items I'd ordered where just over £20 now they're £65, I was told to re-order and they'd refund shipping.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #46
Banned

Jul 2015
Isle of Albion

Reading this thread makes me glad to be a non-Amazon user. Vile company.
Thanks given by:
FaceInTheLeaves (05-13-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #47
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Yeah **** amazon, other options are out there, stopped using long ago
Old 05-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #48

Jan 2012

I noticed a new lovely feature on Amazon UK today...

When trying to pre-order pretty much any movie, I get a message saying that they don't ship it to my country. Despite it being sold by Amazon. Anyone have this issue, or did they just ban Finland?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amazonukpreorder.jpg (79.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #49

Nov 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post

When trying to pre-order pretty much any movie, I get a message saying that they don't ship it to my country. Despite it being sold by Amazon. Anyone have this issue, or did they just ban Finland?
Their website is just beyond a joke at this point. So many titles give a "this item cannot be delivered to Ireland" notification.

Their search engine and filtering system is broken. I just set it to filter blu-ray price up to 4.99. The first result is marker 9.99.

Their 2 for 10/5 for 30 deals are non existent.

Does anybody know if/when HMV online is coming back? That was a fantastic site.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #50

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post

I had that issue trying to buy Mid90s on blu ray from Amazon Germany
Old 05-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #51
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgleek View Post
I had that issue trying to buy Mid90s on blu ray from Amazon Germany
It's getting a UK release in August if you can wait: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blu-Ray-Sul...dp/B07QJBQ8PS/
Thanks given by:
UpsetSmiley (05-08-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #52

Jul 2014

They are useless. The are saying I havenít been charged but itís on my bank statement saying they have. My bank gave my pre authorisation back but this morning unbelievably amazon have charged me the full amount again. Iíve now cancelled it and all my other pre orders. My bank is telling me to ask amazon for a refund but amazon are claiming they havenít charged me when they clearly have. At this point I donít know where my money is..
Old 05-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of films View Post
They are useless. The are saying I havenít been charged but itís on my bank statement saying they have. My bank gave my pre authorisation back but this morning unbelievably amazon have charged me the full amount again. Iíve now cancelled it and all my other pre orders. My bank is telling me to ask amazon for a refund but amazon are claiming they havenít charged me when they clearly have. At this point I donít know where my money is..
I'm in exactly the same situation, got the initial charges released, amazon claim they never made it and won't take any money until shipping date, then all the charges hit again today, amazon still say they haven't charged me. My bank has given me all the transaction IDs and say they now can't release the funds because amazon are essentially claiming I owe them this money and they had a legal right to collect it, even though amazon claim they have collected nothing. Next step is waiting a mandatory 14 days before the bank can issue chargeback proceedings, which then have to wait for a response from amazon, and the bank says I might have to wait 2-3 months to get the money back. At this point I have no idea if cancelling the orders is a good idea and could trigger a refund, or leave amazon claiming the payment was never made. But if I leave them open will they just charge me again?!
Old 05-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #54

Jan 2014
Default Amazon.uk pre-order disks not shipping to Norway?

I have been a costumer with amazon.uk for years and have often pre-ordered movies from them, but just now a few days ago I noticed that all pre-orders I have checked it says "This item does not ship to Norway" even if it is dispatched and sold my amazon.uk.

I have never seen this before, only in some cases from third party sellers, amazon marketplace.

Any takers on possible change of rules etc, I spoke to someone at amazon.uk in the chat but it did not really make me any wiser.

I must stress that this seems to apply only to pre-orders and not released items.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Lots of oddness going on with Amazon at the moment:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...8#post16394398
Thanks given by:
WinterLand (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #56

Jan 2014

Ah sorry didn`t see that thread my mistake, should have posted there.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #57

Jul 2017
Berlin, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLand View Post
I have been a costumer with amazon.uk for years and have often pre-ordered movies from them, but just now a few days ago I noticed that all pre-orders I have checked it says "This item does not ship to Norway" even if it is dispatched and sold my amazon.uk.

I have never seen this before, only in some cases from third party sellers, amazon marketplace.

Any takers on possible change of rules etc, I spoke to someone at amazon.uk in the chat but it did not really make me any wiser.

I must stress that this seems to apply only to pre-orders and not released items.
Same happening to me - I live in Germany - BUT it was no problem for me to proceed with the checkout process and pre-ordered them nevertheless. So, I'm ignoring that note.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

So one of my pre-orders was for War and Peace, which has just been cancelled by Criterion, so amazon have cancelled my order and issued me a refund on the money they claim they haven't taken! They won't admit they took it, they claim it must be an issue with my bank showing it as taken when it wasn't - though they can't give anything like a sensible answer on how my bank is supposed to know that amazon cancelled my pre-order so they should refund me!
I've just cancelled one of the others, if that triggers a refund later today then I'll go ahead and cancel the lot and move all of them elsewhere.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Placed a couple of pre-orders at the weekend. No pending or completed charge on my credit card. So they obviously aren’t making changes for everyone.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Placed a couple of pre-orders at the weekend. No pending or completed charge on my credit card. So they obviously arenít making changes for everyone.
Last Pre order I made was 5th May and not got charged for that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland