Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46

House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94

House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Singin' in the Rain 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99

Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray)
£16.99

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2009
United Kingdom Chicago Fire: Season Seven

Does anyone know if Universal has stopped producing blu-rays for Chicago Fire with Season 7?

I can only find a DVD listing (to be released Sept. 23rd).

I'm going to be so annoyed if yet another series stops blu-ray releases this many seasons in.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (10-01-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

I’m surprised it went this long tbh. I can’t find any info on a UK blu release either, however Season 7 comes out on blu in Germany on 2nd October.
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_Richie View Post
Does anyone know if Universal has stopped producing blu-rays for Chicago Fire with Season 7?

I can only find a DVD listing (to be released Sept. 23rd).

I'm going to be so annoyed if yet another series stops blu-ray releases this many seasons in.
It looks like it. In addition to the UK DVD, Amazon.co.uk began selling pre-orders for the German edition directly a few weeks ago. There is also a Benelux edition sold on Amazon.fr, but it looks like these will all be the same six discs with English, Dutch, French and German support.

Personally, I'm just glad it's coming out and I will buy it wherever it's released, since it will be English-friendly regardless. At the moment, I believe the best if not cheapest option is to buy the German edition directly from Germany:

although for those in the UK, it might be cheaper and more expedient to order the German version direct from Amazon.co.uk given that the current price for the import (33.59) is not far off the current price direct from Amazon.de (€34,99), although obviously, that could change.
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (09-19-2019), OceanBlue (10-01-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #4
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Looks like the Benelux and German releases will use the same discs:

Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (10-01-2019), OceanBlue (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Many thanks McCrutchy for your help with the various Blu-ray releases of the seventh season.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 10-01-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I knew there was a slim chance of it happening (wasn't sure whether it would be Universal Pictures or CBS Home Entertainment/Paramount releasing it), but I had hoped the first season of FBI would get a Blu-ray release in Germany. But sadly just a DVD-only release (in January).

Regarding pre-ordering an Amazon.de item on Amazon UK, I'll do it again if there is something I'm interested in. On the whole I was happy with the condition of my copy of the German Blu-ray set of Chicago Fire: Season Seven when it arrived (there were some creases on the edges of the slipcover, but nothing major).
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (12-21-2019)
Old 07-14-2020, 04:35 AM   #7
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Season eight is DVD only again in the UK, but once again, Germany to the rescue on 22 October 2020:

http://uphe.universalpictures.de/m/chicago_fire_s08

Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (07-14-2020), OceanBlue (08-12-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I'll have to use spoiler tags for some of this post. Thanks for posting this news McCrutchy. I had expected there to be a delay with the most recent seasons of Med, Fire and P.D., because of the current times. Had checked Amazon UK recently to see if each show had been added to the Pre-order section (along with checking Amazon.com for the most recent season of FBI and spin-off Most Wanted), and all there was was an Amazon UK listing for a States DVD release of Med (think it said "currently unavailable").

The front cover artwork you've posted for Fire's eighth season is interesting. Glad they're continuing with the promotional artwork. They're using the second version
[Show spoiler](an actor left after the season premiere, although they did return for an episode later in the season).
I suspect they'll do the same with Med
[Show spoiler](two castmembers left after it's season premiere, and a new actor joined the show in the same episode).
Old 07-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #9
Expert Member

May 2018
The Netherlands

I'm glad that the show will at least be released on blu-ray in Germany (and likely Benelux aswell - I bought previous seasons here in the Netherlands). Happy that S8 will be blu-ray aswell. Except for the UK. Shame PD and Med never got blu-ray releases.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:47 AM   #10
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Now listed at Amazon.de, looks like it will be a 6xBD set:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08DSVJXR2
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (08-03-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 12:16 AM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I was wondering if it was going to be sometime soon when the German release was going to be added to Amazon.de. Will we be seeing the same thing which happened with the seventh season, a pre-order listing on Amazon UK for the Blu-ray set?

Good that it will be a six disc set (had expected it to be a five disc set (twenty episodes for Fire, plus three bonus crossover episodes (one episode of Med and two episodes of P.D.).
Old 08-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #12
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

The German release of the eighth season is now live at Amazon for 35,08:

Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (08-09-2020), OceanBlue (08-12-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Bearing in mind what's been happening the past few months, is Amazon UK still listing forthcoming German releases (like they did with Chicago Fire's seventh season last year)?
Old 08-12-2020, 12:15 AM   #14
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Bearing in mind what's been happening the past few months, is Amazon UK still listing forthcoming German releases (like they did with Chicago Fire's seventh season last year)?
They don't appear to be. I think the best bet for UK buyers will be to pre-order it from Amazon.de, unless a possibly cheaper Benelux release comes along.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
They don't appear to be. I think the best bet for UK buyers will be to pre-order it from Amazon.de, unless a possibly cheaper Benelux release comes along.
That was very helpful thank you. I want to do my bit to continue seeing Blu-ray releases of Chicago Fire.

This is an off-topic observation (made it in the DVD Movies sub-forum), but on the front cover artwork for Chicago Med: Season Five, in the bottom left-hand corner there is the Universal Channel logo. Universal Channel was later renamed Universal TV, before the channel closed down earlier this year. Some of the shows on the channel, Sky have since acquired, including Chicago Med. The fifth season premiered on Sky Witness, so if Universal (UK) are still going to put a logo in the bottom left-hand corner, it should be Sky Witness's.

It's a nitpick, but if it said "as shown on Universal Channel", that's sort of incorrect.

Also, McCrutchy, when it's available, can you post in this thread the rear artwork for the eighth season please.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-12-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #16
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
That was very helpful thank you. I want to do my bit to continue seeing Blu-ray releases of Chicago Fire.

[...]

Also, McCrutchy, when it's available, can you post in this thread the rear artwork for the eighth season please.
No problem, OceanBlue, and of course I will post the finalized art when it appears.

Old 08-22-2020, 02:05 AM   #17
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Some additional, related news that may be of interest. You may remember that the seventh season was available in both German and Benelux versions, and that the Benelux version was also sold in France. Well, the Benelux version of the eighth season has just gone up for pre-order, and it is only a DVD. There is also a Seasons 1-8 DVD boxset, with both scheduled for 21 October 2020. This Dutch DVD is not listed on Amazon.fr yet, and there is no sign of a French release, although in searching for it, I found that there was indeed a French DVD of the seventh season released in April 2020, some six months later than other releases, so perhaps France is far behind with broadcasts, or Universal France are simply unmotivated to release the seasons in tandem with other countries.

This also gels with what I have seen at two German/Swiss websites, where the German DVD is listed here and here as having English, Dutch, French and German support, while the Blu-ray is listed here and here with only English and German support.

All this is to say that for the first time, it looks like the German Blu-ray of the eighth season may be the only Blu-ray edition worldwide, and it may only have English and German audio and subtitles.
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (08-22-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 11:09 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Thanks for the update McCrutchy. Well, if further seasons do go ahead, those who are interested in the show need to support the eighth season's German release so that further, possible Blu-ray releases of Chicago Fire happen (I hope this doesn't sound like I'm lecturing, because that's not the intention).
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (08-26-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 01:26 PM   #19
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

The Universal Germany product listing has been updated. As requested, here is the updated cover art:

Also, it seems now that this might be 5 discs, not 6. The Amazon listing for the Blu-ray got updated with German ad copy advertising 20 episodes on 6 discs, though the disc count now shows 5 discs. However, their DVD listing currently still shows 8 discs, which is incorrect. More likely is that the DVD is 6 discs and the Blu-ray is 5 discs, and that the publicity material refers to the DVD disc count.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:41 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I thought that didn't seem right, six discs instead of five (twenty episodes plus three bonus crossover episodes making it 23 episodes in total). Six discs for the DVD release sounds right.

Had already pre-ordered my copy of the German Blu-ray release of Fire's eighth season.

Off-topic: Some or all UK listings for Chicago Med's fifth season are still stating "22 season five episodes" (twenty episodes in the season, like with Fire and P.D., but technically there are 22 episodes in total, with the two bonus crossover episodes).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland