Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #41
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

I am one of the many people from around the world that didn’t go see The Frighteners at the cinema - my reason being that at that time I was travelling.

And I have never seen the movie at all. I really want to buy something always prevented me buying it.

I’m going to email Universal today and ask if there are any plans to release the anniversary version (2 cuts, commentaries and all those glorious extras).

Anyone who wants this is going to have to email Universal too. I actually need help with the wording - not sure how to phrase it all in a way that won’t confuse the support agent.

As I type it also occurs to me that we should reach out to Peter Jackson. I’d sufficient people tell him they are interested he might be able to get it done.

EDIT: I cannot find any contacts for WingNut - I cannot even find their website.

Last edited by ManOfTheForest; 10-13-2020 at 09:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #42
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post
You will have to email about each one individually.

My to do list is a bit chaotic as it is in my head so I lose track of what titles I’ve emailed about.

I cannot remember if I emailed WB about the original King Kong. And if I did did I get a reply. Nothing in my sent folder but I regularly empty that
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:54 AM   #43
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

My priorities are :-

iTunes Extras *
Alternate versions of a movie **
4K
HDR/Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos

I emailed Sony on Monday about THE REMAINS OF THE DAY.

The disc has a healthy of extras - iTunes is already 4K so asked if there is any plans to for HDR/Dolby Vision and Atmos

I need to figure out a way track what I email about. I have a movie database app - I might see if one of the filters I don’t use will be useful for this without affecting my general use.

* where what the DVD had or blu-ray had I’d actually proper extras - not just a press kit with a few minutes of talking heads mixed with clips. I don’t like it when a behind the scenes uses movies clips - they should use on set footage

** where alternate version actually exist - not “gimme an extended version of everything”
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Johnny77 (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #44
Juniormint Juniormint is offline
Member
 
Juniormint's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Glasgow
150
Default

I noticed that Midsommar & Hereditary both had 4K versions months ago on the US store and now they both have DV & Atmos whilst in the UK we have just HD. Going to try and contact Entertainment Film and see if this is something they can look into.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #45
Johnny77 Johnny77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
My priorities are :-

iTunes Extras *
Alternate versions of a movie **
4K
HDR/Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos

I emailed Sony on Monday about THE REMAINS OF THE DAY.

The disc has a healthy of extras - iTunes is already 4K so asked if there is any plans to for HDR/Dolby Vision and Atmos

I need to figure out a way track what I email about. I have a movie database app - I might see if one of the filters I don’t use will be useful for this without affecting my general use.

* where what the DVD had or blu-ray had I’d actually proper extras - not just a press kit with a few minutes of talking heads mixed with clips. I don’t like it when a behind the scenes uses movies clips - they should use on set footage

** where alternate version actually exist - not “gimme an extended version of everything”
Hope you get somewhere with Sony on The Remains of the Day, it's one of my favourite films, just waiting for a price drop before buying the recently upgraded 4K version.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #46
lgans316 lgans316 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
lgans316's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom
17
410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniormint View Post
I noticed that Midsommar & Hereditary both had 4K versions months ago on the US store and now they both have DV & Atmos whilst in the UK we have just HD. Going to try and contact Entertainment Film and see if this is something they can look into.
Regarding Heriditary:

Different studios. Entertainment in Video in the UK and Lionsgate in the USA.
iTunes Canada has DV but not DA but digitalcodes4sale were selling it for just $2 for a long time but now they are sold out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #47
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniormint View Post
Well Lionsgate emailed me to say that they aren't the distributor of that film in the UK and to contact I tunes. So I've sent the same message to Sony Pictures to see what they say as they are down as the distributor. I'd assume Itunes would just tell me to contact them also.
That is an odd response.

Passing the buck to Apple is a common customer service tactic but to deny being the distributor?

I forgot to email earlier - I will do it now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #48
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77 View Post
Hope you get somewhere with Sony on The Remains of the Day, it's one of my favourite films, just waiting for a price drop before buying the recently upgraded 4K version.
Can you please email them to?

Sony are fairly good at responding and fixing a technical problem.

The more that ask for upgrades the more they listen. It worked for Mask/Legend of Zorro.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #49
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post
Regarding Heriditary:

Different studios. Entertainment in Video in the UK and Lionsgate in the USA.
iTunes Canada has DV but not DA but digitalcodes4sale were selling it for just $2 for a long time but now they are sold out.
At first glance I thought that was “Regarding Henry” news
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:19 AM   #50
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

My movie database does indeed have a filter that can easily adapted to record what movies I’ve contacted distributors about - I can even cut & paste the date and emails into it.

Movies I own anyway. The ones I don’t own I have no way to track
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:57 PM   #51
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77 View Post
Hope you get somewhere with Sony on The Remains of the Day, it's one of my favourite films, just waiting for a price drop before buying the recently upgraded 4K version.
I got a response from Sony.

Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

We understand your concern and we appreciate your feedback.
At the moment we do not have any information regarding your concern.
Rest assured that we will forward your comments and suggestions to the rest of our team for further review.

We thank you for your continued patronage and taking the time to contact us.

Regards,


This is very much the response I was hoping for as it suggests that the person sending the message has actually asked and that more emails will encouagecDony to act.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:57 AM   #52
brian2k1 brian2k1 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2019
21
Default

I emailed eOne about the English version of wedding crashers and Van Wilder both missing from the Canada iTunes Store.

Any other Canadians here that can also send an email to help?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (10-23-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 04:08 AM   #53
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2k1 View Post
I emailed eOne about the English version of wedding crashers and Van Wilder both missing from the Canada iTunes Store.

Any other Canadians here that can also send an email to help?
It doesn’t have to be just Canadians. The distributors don’t know what country an email is from so we can email every store
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:41 PM   #54
cmay91472 cmay91472 is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2006
9
13
292
969
314
Default

Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Sony recently?

Have sent a few emails the past couple of weeks about missing Atmos tracks that VUDU has and no longer get any responses.

The last response I got from them was when Atmos was added to Mask of Zorro.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:29 AM   #55
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from Sony recently?

Have sent a few emails the past couple of weeks about missing Atmos tracks that VUDU has and no longer get any responses.

The last response I got from them was when Atmos was added to Mask of Zorro.
They answered both emails that I sent over the last week. Hello

Warner Bros. seems to have shut the customer service department. No responses there in weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #56
Juniormint Juniormint is offline
Member
 
Juniormint's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Glasgow
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
That is an odd response.

Passing the buck to Apple is a common customer service tactic but to deny being the distributor?

I forgot to email earlier - I will do it now.
Reply from Sony regarding Rambo (2008) 4K/DV

Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

We understand your concerns and we appreciate your feedback.

At the moment, we can not confirm this.
Rest assured that we will forward your concern to the rest of our team for further review.

We thank you for your continued patronage and taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Jens
SPHE Consumer Affairs
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (10-24-2020)
Old 10-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #57
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniormint View Post
Reply from Sony regarding Rambo (2008) 4K/DV

Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

We understand your concerns and we appreciate your feedback.

At the moment, we can not confirm this.
Rest assured that we will forward your concern to the rest of our team for further review.

We thank you for your continued patronage and taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Jens
SPHE Consumer Affairs
Jens seems to be the only person working there.

He/She has answered all my recent emails too - and the replies are pretty much exactly the same. I cannot criticise though since I also use a template for my messages
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:27 AM   #58
cmcclure16 cmcclure16 is offline
Special Member
 
cmcclure16's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Henderson, NV
16
12
871
894
1147
497
47
Default

I started to put together this list a few months ago of films missing Atmos (or not available in 4K at all) in the US iTunes Store with the intention of contacting the studios to get some of them updated but it fell by the wayside. Now I'm trying to get back at it and with the success everyone's had with getting Paramount to update the Transformers, Star Treks, and TMNT films hopefully we can get more done. This is in no way comprehensive so please feel free to mention any I may have missed. I will start sending some emails if anyone else wants to help.


SONY PICTURES
  • Leon The Professional *has Atmos listed in languages*
  • A Few Good Men *has Atmos listed in languages*
  • Angels and Demons *has Atmos listed in languages*
  • Ghostbusters (Extended) (2016)
  • Moon
  • The Smurfs
  • Underworld: Blood Wars
  • Goosebumps *Atmos on BD, no 4K disc*
  • Zero Dark Thirty
  • Whiplash
  • District 9
  • Boyz N the Hood
  • 21 Jump Street
  • 22 Jump Street
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • A League of Their Own
  • Jerry Maguire
  • Gandhi
  • 2012 (Upcoming 4K disc release)
  • Resident Evil (Upcoming 4K disc release)
  • Resident Evil: Retribution (Upcoming 4K disc release)

Not Yet Available in 4K
  • Ghostbusters (Theatrical) (2016) *HD only in iTunes Extras*
  • Leon the Professional (Extended) *HD only in iTunes Extras*
  • Underworld (Theatrical) *HD only in iTunes Extras*
  • Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Theatrical) *HD only in iTunes Extras*
  • Resident Evil: Vendetta
  • Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars
  • Salt
  • Stand By Me

PARAMOUNT PICTURES
  • Baywatch (2017)
  • Terminator Genisys
  • Braveheart

Not Yet Available in 4K
  • Baywatch (Extended) (2017) *HD only in iTunes Extras*

LIONSGATE
  • Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  • National Lampoon’s Van Wilder
  • Crank
  • Warm Bodies

Not Yet Available in 4K
  • Halloween (1978)

UNIVERSAL PICTURES
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
  • The House with a Clock in its Walls
  • Minons
  • The Mummy (2017)
  • Darkest Hour
  • Yesterday
  • Glass
  • Green Book
  • Cats *Atmos on BD, no 4K disc*
  • Queen & Slim

DTS:X On Disc But Atmos on MoviesAnywhere
  • Despicable Me 3
  • The Fate of the Furious (Theatrical)
  • Snow White and the Huntsman (Extended)
  • Atomic Blonde
  • Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Fifty Shades Darker
  • Fast & Furious 6 (Extended)
  • Furious 7 (Extended)
  • Jason Bourne
  • Battleship

Not Yet Available in 4K
  • Fast Five (Extended Edition)
  • The Blues Brothers (Theatrical)
  • The Blues Brothers (Unrated)

WARNER BROTHERS
  • The Curse of La Llorona *has Atmos listed in languages*
  • Shaft (2019)
  • Blinded by the Light *Atmos on BD, no 4K disc*
  • The 15:17 to Paris *Atmos on BD, no 4K disc*
  • The Gallows *Atmos on BD, no 4K disc*

Not Yet Available in 4K
  • Central Intelligence (Unrated) *HD only in iTunes Extras*
  • Watchmen: Ulimate Cut *only available in 4K via iTunes Extras on Theatrical version*

Last edited by cmcclure16; 10-27-2020 at 05:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (10-27-2020), XanderAE (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #59
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
I started to put together this list a few months ago of films missing Atmos (or not available in 4K at all) in the US iTunes Store with the intention of contacting the studios to get some of them updated but it fell by the wayside. Now I'm trying to get back at it and with the success everyone's had with getting Paramount to update the Transformers, Star Treks, and TMNT films hopefully we can get more done. This is in no way comprehensive so please feel free to mention any I may have missed. I will start sending some emails if anyone else wants to help.


We need to email about each movie individually. Even if part of s series. Just to confirm - these are all 4K in the US and U.K. STores, they just lack Atmos?

Also can people ask about iTunes Extras on these movies that don’t have them yet?

And we need to be emailing about the same film at the same time/in the order .

How will we do that? Alphabetically maybe?

It has been mentioned that Stand By Me has strange licensing issues. It isn’t even available on the Irish Store and seems an exception to the rule of the Irish and U.K. store having the same content. I’ve been emailing them since March but all the can tell us they are working on it. If people could please email about that I would appreciate it,

Last edited by ManOfTheForest; 10-27-2020 at 11:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #60
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Need help from someone i the USA for this.

This is the only contact details I can find for MGM Studios.
- https://www.mgm.com/corporate/contact-us

DVD Customers

For any questions or complaints regarding MGM DVD releases, customers (in the U.S and Canada) may call the number below.
(888) 223-2369

This department includes blu-ray issues too so must include digital.

I need someone in the US to phone that number and ask for how foreign customers can get help.

In the event there is no way then I need that helpful Yank to report the James Bond bundle that has occurred in several iTunes Stiore like Ireland and Singapore
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 AM.