Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
 
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
VOODOO VOODOO is offline
Member
 
Feb 2009
419
64
Default Does Star Trek: TNG or Battlestar Galactica ever go on sale?

Iíve been looking to pick up Star Trek: TNG and Battlestar Galactica on iTunes, but they never seem to go on sale. Itís not worth $100 and $80 respectively for me to pick up these titles, especially when I see other popular programs go on sale for $29 over the holidays.

Anybody know if these titles ever go on sale or ever will?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #2
darthpepsi darthpepsi is offline
Expert Member
 
Dec 2012
Oshawa
377
151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
Iíve been looking to pick up Star Trek: TNG and Battlestar Galactica on iTunes, but they never seem to go on sale. Itís not worth $100 and $80 respectively for me to pick up these titles, especially when I see other popular programs go on sale for $29 over the holidays.

Anybody know if these titles ever go on sale or ever will?
Star Trek TNG went on sale for $50 in Canada and I bought it immediately. I even have the blu rays but it was with it it for backup. The only other Star Trek that has been on sale is TOS for $40 I think.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
VOODOO (12-29-2020)
Old 01-13-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

TNG and BSG just went on sale on the Australian iTunes Store for $A50 and $A30 respectively.

Not much help to the OP, I know, but further evidence it will happen again!

TOS and Enterprise are also down to $A30.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #4
hypnotoad8128 hypnotoad8128 is offline
Active Member
 
hypnotoad8128's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Australia
307
2767
1140
73
407
3
Default

The last two years running all the Star Trek series have gone on sale here in the Australian store in September to celebrate the original series anniversary, so I grabbed them all last year. So keep an eye out around September 8th and you may see it pop up again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:30 AM   #5
mlabonte21 mlabonte21 is offline
Power Member
 
mlabonte21's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
170
8
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
Iíve been looking to pick up Star Trek: TNG and Battlestar Galactica on iTunes, but they never seem to go on sale. Itís not worth $100 and $80 respectively for me to pick up these titles, especially when I see other popular programs go on sale for $29 over the holidays.


Remember when each non-remastered SEASON was released on DVD at $100+ each just 15 years ago?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (08-10-2021), NEXUS-6 (12-21-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 02:07 AM   #6
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabonte21 View Post
Remember when each non-remastered SEASON was released on DVD at $100+ each just 15 years ago?

I even remember when it was on VHS at a similar price! I *almost* pulled the trigger.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #7
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
918
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabonte21 View Post


Remember when each non-remastered SEASON was released on DVD at $100+ each just 15 years ago?
Yes Iíve still got my DVD collection, though in the UK the cases were a bit different.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 03:49 AM   #8
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Yes Iíve still got my DVD collection, though in the UK the cases were a bit different.

Yes, that's what my Aussie versions look like. Regions 2 & 4 (PAL) were interchangeable.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #9
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
557
2132
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabonte21 View Post
[Show spoiler]


Remember when each non-remastered SEASON was released on DVD at $100+ each just 15 years ago?
I paid that much for "Enterprise" seasons 1-4 on DVD years ago. Now, not only can you buy the Complete Series on Blu-ray for much cheaper, but VUDU has D2D for the Complete Series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:45 PM   #10
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotoad8128 View Post
The last two years running all the Star Trek series have gone on sale here in the Australian store in September to celebrate the original series anniversary, so I grabbed them all last year. So keep an eye out around September 8th and you may see it pop up again.

Star Trek movies and TV series currently on sale in the AU store. Not in US or UK stores yet from the looks.

Also, why was my recent screenshot of the price history deleted?

Last edited by The Watcher 69; 09-01-2021 at 10:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
B72 (09-02-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #11
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Sorry for the late notice but all the Trek films and TV series have been discounted in the US store for over a week now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotoad8128 View Post
The last two years running all the Star Trek series have gone on sale here in the Australian store in September to celebrate the original series anniversary, so I grabbed them all last year. So keep an eye out around September 8th and you may see it pop up again.
Like clockwork!

Last edited by The Watcher 69; 09-16-2021 at 12:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:40 AM   #12
FilmMan85 FilmMan85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

I watched the original series on Netflix last year. They only have the version with the new VFX.

If I were to buy the series I would prefer the original VFX. Is this available in HD or is the version with new VFX the only version in HD ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:33 PM   #13
Jeff*H Jeff*H is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2020
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
I watched the original series on Netflix last year. They only have the version with the new VFX.

If I were to buy the series I would prefer the original VFX. Is this available in HD or is the version with new VFX the only version in HD ?
The original VFX versions are available to purchase on iTunes and VUDU, but only in SD. The only ones in HD are the remastered VFX.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:05 AM   #14
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

^ IIRC the original BD releases had both versions, in AU and the UK at least. Not sure about subsequent releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:47 PM   #15
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

TOS, TNG, Enterprise, Picard and Lower Decks are currently discounted in the US store, as is Nu Galactica.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 01:52 AM   #16
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 69 View Post
TOS, TNG, Enterprise, Picard and Lower Decks are currently discounted in the US store, as is Nu Galactica.
So is Discovery (S1-3 pack for $29.99).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The Watcher 69 (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 05:20 AM   #17
FilmMan85 FilmMan85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Is that the “complete” sets for Galactica?

What is the regular price of the individual seasons?

I don’t like like buying complete series as they are a mess in iTunes. A long list of 50, 100, etc episodes is not nice to see. And they are named as season number, episode number, then name.

In the TV app does the layout change? If you own a complete series does it show as seasons? And do the episode take the episode identification in Up Next?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:25 PM   #18
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
Is that the “complete” sets for Galactica?

What is the regular price of the individual seasons?

I don’t like like buying complete series as they are a mess in iTunes. A long list of 50, 100, etc episodes is not nice to see. And they are named as season number, episode number, then name.

In the TV app does the layout change? If you own a complete series does it show as seasons? And do the episode take the episode identification in Up Next?

I only saw Vol.1 but other volumes could be on sale too.

In my experience the TV app is the same. Far from ideal I know.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
FilmMan85 (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 10:42 PM   #19
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
In the TV app does the layout change? If you own a complete series does it show as seasons?
Depends. If you go through the "Library" tab, it'll show a single huge season. If you use the search function, you'll be presented with the individual seasons, same as if you were watching through a subscription (and that also carries over to the "Up Next" list).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
FilmMan85 (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 12:56 PM   #20
FilmMan85 FilmMan85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Depends. If you go through the "Library" tab, it'll show a single huge season. If you use the search function, you'll be presented with the individual seasons, same as if you were watching through a subscription (and that also carries over to the "Up Next" list).

I have mentioned the layout in iTunes feedback many times. It must very different to bundle movies than it is to bundle TV seasons
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 PM.