Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
13 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #21
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Im interested but in no hurry for a new model.

The existing model has certainly been one of my most valued purchases ever.

I think I would keep using it even if Apple dumped the notion completely.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuestionMan View Post
Thanks.

So what nut having a chipset nailed down, foundry space, etc mean for a release date?

Is it much further off than the rumoured March? Like later in the year? And I am just just realising that an announcement in March doesnít mean a release in March. It could months again before a release.
I would not expect a release until later in the year or any announcements until we see what CES 2021 brings, in a few days. Apple competes with everyone else and they are looking to use their own tech and designs in future products, so I would not look for anything until Apple announces it themselves. Their hardware priority right now is the iPhone, future Mac products, and the iPad, all of which are switching to new high-efficiency chips designed by Apple. Once those updates get sorted out, I think they'll throw out a new ATV, with the updated hardware to be "current" by today's latest standards.
Thanks given by:
OneQuestionMan (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #23
Special Member

Dec 2007
Henderson, NV

I think the general consensus is probably around March as they usually announce new products and hold a Special Event during that month.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:31 PM   #24
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post

LMAO are you sure, you spent quite a lot of last year telling everyone how wrong they were going digital
Thanks given by:
bhampton (01-04-2021), cmcclure16 (01-03-2021), OneQuestionMan (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 05:55 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Is there a possibility that the next generation Apple TV 4K will increase the picture or sound quality? If not I won't bother to upgrade. I don't care about the UI or games.
I'd like to see true 24 Hz (as opposed to 23.976) framerate support and adjustable HDR tone mapping (particularly for displays and projectors without Dolby Vision support). Apart from those it's pretty much perfect for my needs.
Thanks given by:
Dr. Zaius (01-03-2021), XanderAE (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #26
Special Member

Jun 2007

I agree with Fiffy, the 24hz support is pretty much number 1 on my list.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #27

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuestionMan View Post
I have no desire to read about your dongle, thank you very much.

Iím 100% Apple. And the AppleTV has all my viewing needs.
Oh I don't actually have anything other than the Apple TV 4k myself, just noting that its so much more expensive than all the other alternatives.

But after a bit more investigation, almost all the other alternatives seem to be missing an app here or there (particularly here in Ireland). And I didn't realise that extras couldn't be accessed from anything other than the Apple hardware, so I'm reconsidering my suggestion now
Thanks given by:
OneQuestionMan (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #28
Banned

Jul 2018

Quote:

Which Iím one of you considers the AppleTV to be a valued purchase?
Old 01-03-2021, 11:54 PM   #29
Banned

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmblueocean81 View Post
Oh I don't actually have anything other than the Apple TV 4k myself, just noting that its so much more expensive than all the other alternatives.

But after a bit more investigation, almost all the other alternatives seem to be missing an app here or there (particularly here in Ireland). And I didn't realise that extras couldn't be accessed from anything other than the Apple hardware, so I'm reconsidering my suggestion now
Sure we canít even access Netflix, Prime or Disney+ via the the TV app like ...
Old 01-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #30
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
LMAO are you sure, you spent quite a lot of last year telling everyone how wrong they were going digital
That has nothing to do with it.

As most know, I tried going digital but after losing access to paid content I realized it wasn't for me.

My 2 source components are my Panasonic UB420 for discs and my ATV4K for everything else.

Last edited by bhampton; 01-04-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #31

Feb 2010
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Is there a possibility that the next generation Apple TV 4K will increase the picture or sound quality? If not I won't bother to upgrade. I don't care about the UI or games.
It's possible. It's also possible that the new Apple TV will support H.266 playback and the current Apple TV will not. H.266 is twice as efficient as H.265 so that would be a big deal. Would be important for future proofing.

Who knows, though.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #32

Sep 2020

Is it possible to search in your library (not the store) on Apple TV? At the moment I'm using the LG TV app, but it doesn't allow me to search my library and if a movie is removed from the store I have to scroll through all of my movies to find it.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #33
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS.GER View Post
Is it possible to search in your library (not the store) on Apple TV? At the moment I'm using the LG TV app, but it doesn't allow me to search my library and if a movie is removed from the store I have to scroll through all of my movies to find it.
Nope, a search only checks the store listings which then matches the store ID’s to your purchase history ID’s.

Last edited by -Gonzo-; 01-08-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #34

Sep 2020

Quote:
Nope, a search only checks the store listings which then matches the store IDís to your purchase history IDís.
Thanks.

Are covers cached in a better way? On the TV app it loads ~20-25 covers and after that it takes some time to continue scrolling. So it takes minutes to reach letter Z, if you have hundreds of movies. In iTunes (Windows) it also takes a moment to fetch the movies, but the scrolling isn't stopped - so it's no problem to reach higher letters in seconds.

How do you play unlisted movies from your library? Is it the same problem for you or is there some workaround I haven't found yet?
Old 01-08-2021, 10:43 PM   #35
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS.GER View Post
Thanks.

Are covers cached in a better way? On the TV app it loads ~20-25 covers and after that it takes some time to continue scrolling. So it takes minutes to reach letter Z, if you have hundreds of movies. In iTunes (Windows) it also takes a moment to fetch the movies, but the scrolling isn't stopped - so it's no problem to reach higher letters in seconds.
Dunno, they’re just there on my ATV4K, can also scroll in seconds by running my thumb down the right side of the Siri remote trackpad.
The only time it may take a little while for the covers to populate is if I switch between my UK & US accounts.

Quote:
How do you play unlisted movies from your library? Is it the same problem for you or is there some workaround I haven't found yet?
Not entirely sure what you’re meaning as those movies still be in your library, you just go to the library and select them and they play.
I do however prefer to use the purchased section of the Movies app for selecting from my library.

Last edited by -Gonzo-; 01-08-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:49 PM   #36

Sep 2020

Quote:
Dunno, they’re just there on my ATV4K, can also scroll in seconds by running my thumb down the right side of the Siri remote trackpad.
How many movies are in your library? I have over 1000 and in combination with loading only ~25 per 1-2 seconds (and preventing scrolling until the next 25 are cached) it gets complicated to start relisted/delisted movies on the TV app. Would be one of the reasons to get the ATV4K, if that solves that problem.

Quote:
Not entirely sure what you’re meaning as those movies still be in your library, you just go to the library and select them and they play.
The problem is that search doesn't find the license for my relisted/delisted movies, so the only way is to use library and the slow caching/scrolling on the TV app. Sometimes it works to use genre to reduce the number of movies, but otherwise it takes a few minutes to reach the movies at the end of the alphabetical list.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:00 AM   #37
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I also have over 1000 movies in my iTunes library.

I do wish search would bother to search my library. Why would this be difficult ?

Also would be nice to be able to DL 4K. I would Download them all.

Thankfully, I can have a local copy as thatís why I still buy discs.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 AM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
I also have over 1000 movies in my iTunes library.

I do wish search would bother to search my library. Why would this be difficult ?

Also would be nice to be able to DL 4K. I would Download them all.

Thankfully, I can have a local copy as thatís why I still buy discs.
Even if they'd allow you to download it'd be with DRM. Better than nothing, I know.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:56 AM   #39
Banned

Feb 2017

So I don't currently have any AirPods Pro or AirPods Max headphones, but they have a spatial audio feature that I've really wanted to try -- simulated surround sound that tracks your head movement so the "speakers" feel to stay stationary.

I only just recently found out that feature doesn't work with the Apple TV, and then even later found out it probably couldn't happen with a software update and needs an actual hardware chip to work.

So I hope a new Apple TV has this feature. Seems a bit of a given that it will. Really it's like the only new feature that's come to mind as I've wondered what a new Apple TV would offer that I could even pretend to need in place of my current model.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #40
Banned

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
So I don't currently have any AirPods Pro or AirPods Max headphones, but they have a spatial audio feature that I've really wanted to try -- simulated surround sound that tracks your head movement so the "speakers" feel to stay stationary.

I only just recently found out that feature doesn't work with the Apple TV, and then even later found out it probably couldn't happen with a software update and needs an actual hardware chip to work.

So I hope a new Apple TV has this feature. Seems a bit of a given that it will. Really it's like the only new feature that's come to mind as I've wondered what a new Apple TV would offer that I could even pretend to need in place of my current model.
I think it is crazy that Apple have into spatial audio without the AppleTV.

The AirPods Max are a tad expensive for only a simulation of Atmos though. I will need to see a lot of reviews before I even consider buying them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes