Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (iTunes)
$4.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2022, 09:57 PM   #361
XanderAE XanderAE is offline
Special Member
 
XanderAE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
4
1474
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 69 View Post
Aha thanks, it's disappeared from the OP so figured it must be out already.
Good spot, I’m not sure what I must have been drinking with the last change I made, removing Pulp Fiction!! Now restored.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The Watcher 69 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 11:10 PM   #362
vwnut13 vwnut13 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2017
Vermont
192
1716
149
1693
276
54
185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
Good spot, Iím not sure what I must have been drinking with the last change I made, removing Pulp Fiction!! Now restored.
You're missing R.I.P.D. for December 6th as well
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
XanderAE (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #363
XanderAE XanderAE is offline
Special Member
 
XanderAE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
4
1474
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
You're missing R.I.P.D. for December 6th as well
Cheers, now added!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:15 PM   #364
cleeve cleeve is offline
Senior Member
 
cleeve's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
United States
40
40
91
Default

The Devil's Backbone and The Celluloid Closet have been upgraded to 4k/Dolby Vision.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #365
PlexShaw PlexShaw is offline
Active Member
 
PlexShaw's Avatar
 
Sep 2019
London, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
The Devil's Backbone and The Celluloid Closet have been upgraded to 4k/Dolby Vision.
Wrong thread...

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=296551
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:43 PM   #366
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Is this for TV shows too? If so...

Feb 28: The Adventures of Batman (Filmation 1968)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 06:07 PM   #367
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 69 View Post
Is this for TV shows too?
Nope. iTunes currently doesn't have any TV shows in 4K (although Apple is clearly capable of doing that, given that most Apple TV+ shows are in 4K with excellent quality).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The Watcher 69 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #368
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Nope. iTunes currently doesn't have any TV shows in 4K (although Apple is clearly capable of doing that, given that most Apple TV+ shows are in 4K with excellent quality).
Oh yeah sorry, got HD upgrades confused with 4K!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 09:49 PM   #369
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
560
2135
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
Upcoming Potential iTunes Upgrades
14 February
The Way We Were
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV

14 March
The Prince Of Egypt

Added the just announced Rocky titles.

Last edited by Alan Gordon; 12-29-2022 at 12:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 05:05 AM   #370
tyler2tall147 tyler2tall147 is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2010
123
2
Default

What are the chances Rocky gets relisted? Heavyweight collection is currently on sale
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:39 AM   #371
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is offline
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
918
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler2tall147 View Post
What are the chances Rocky gets relisted? Heavyweight collection is currently on sale
Not so sure about a relist, however thereís a very high chance we wonít see a 4K upgrade via iTunes as by the looks of things Warner Bros are putting out the 4K releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #372
awp69 awp69 is online now
Special Member
 
Apr 2018
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Not so sure about a relist, however thereís a very high chance we wonít see a 4K upgrade via iTunes as by the looks of things Warner Bros are putting out the 4K releases.
The sets are said to all include digital copies. So I see no reason why they wouldnít get 4K releases on iTunes and other providers. Theyíre all MGM releases but WB is distributing the release as they have in the past with others from MGM. The codes may not redeem on iTunes but that doesnít mean the films wonít upgrade. MGM doesnít have its own distribution method so this isnít out of the norm. Yet all MGM releases that have come have upgraded whether the code redeems on iTunes or not.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 01:46 PM   #373
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is offline
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
918
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
The sets are said to all include digital copies. So I see no reason why they wouldnít get 4K releases on iTunes and other providers. Theyíre all MGM releases but WB is distributing the release as they have in the past with others from MGM. The codes may not redeem on iTunes but that doesnít mean the films wonít upgrade. MGM doesnít have its own distribution method so this isnít out of the norm. Yet all MGM releases that have come have upgraded whether the code redeems on iTunes or not.
Letís hope so, Iím just a little dubious as I think these are the first potential 4K upgrades since Amazon took over. Some other titles under MGM were licensed out to the independents and as such we didnít see an upgrade.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:43 PM   #374
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
560
2135
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Letís hope so, Iím just a little dubious as I think these are the first potential 4K upgrades since Amazon took over.
The Amazon thing seems like a reasonable concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Some other titles under MGM were licensed out to the independents and as such we didnít see an upgrade.
Unlike the titles licensed out to the indies, WB (last I heard) is MGM's official home entertainment distributor.

We have seen titles from Paramount and Sony released by Kino and Arrow that have been upgraded to 4K on digital, so even being released by an indie isn't quite the kiss of death for 4K digital upgrades it USED to be, but in this situation, I think the odds are more in favor of these titles getting 4K upgrades than it would've been had Kino gotten them.

Plus, as awp69 stated, the early artwork shows digital copy codes. That doesn't necessarily mean UHD copy codes, but it's a good sign that VUDU should have them at the very least.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (12-29-2022), DuranFanWI (12-31-2022)
Old 01-19-2023, 06:12 AM   #375
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
560
2135
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
14 February
The Way We Were
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV

14 March
The Prince Of Egypt
More Additions:

4 April
Star Trek VI: Generations
Star Trek VII: First Contact
Star Trek IX: Insurrection
Star Trek X: Nemesis
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
B72 (01-19-2023), turns2stone (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 05:42 PM   #376
Darthbooth1978 Darthbooth1978 is offline
Expert Member
 
Darthbooth1978's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Durham, UK
1
12
Default

Is Marathon Man likely to receive an upgrade like Escape from Alcatraz did? I know Kino have done both from Paramount.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:53 PM   #377
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
More Additions:

4 April
Star Trek VII: Generations
Star Trek VIII: First Contact
Star Trek IX: Insurrection
Star Trek X: Nemesis
Whatta day, upgrades to both Trek and Superman!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:04 PM   #378
Chad Rouch Chad Rouch is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 69 View Post
Whatta day, upgrades to both Trek and Superman!
Has Superman been confirmed?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:59 PM   #379
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rouch View Post
Has Superman been confirmed?
Superman II-IV that is - was referring to the franchises rather than individual films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:36 AM   #380
Ryan1973 Ryan1973 is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Not so sure about a relist, however there’s a very high chance we won’t see a 4K upgrade via iTunes as by the looks of things Warner Bros are putting out the 4K releases.
Why wouldn't we get 4K upgrades of Rocky II-Rocky IV on iTunes if they are being released by WB? WB movies always upgrade to 4K on iTunes. The first Rocky is already in 4K DV.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 AM.