Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46

House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99

House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Singin' in the Rain 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99

Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray)
£16.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (Blu-ray)
£6.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 08-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #21
Banned

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnThrope View Post
Because I live in a third floor flat and post issues are difficult for me.
Especially for large parcels I prefer to use Amazon cos they have their Local Collect service where it can be delivered to my local Post office and I know it's safe there and can pick it up when convenient.
That's why.
I know Amazon are monsters but unfortunately they're convenient monsters.
I live in a second floor flat. No issue's.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012

First floor flat in a controlled entry building, but luckily we have very well trained postmen and women.
Thanks given by:
AnnThrope (08-12-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 06:02 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Keizer, Oregon

Alright. I know the name but know nothing of her.

Mae West, what am I getting into w/ a collection of her films?
Old 08-13-2021, 06:50 AM   #24

Apr 2021
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmlover22 View Post
thanks. just double checked. you need at least 1000 points to redeem.. oh well.
They also send you a code when you redeem your points which is input as checkout. This means it can’t be double stacked with the BUNDLE offer. Given that’s £6 off on a single item this month there’s limited value redeeming a small amount of points.

Probably better to wait for when you only want 1 or 2 titles from a multi title month.

Finally I don’t think they let you redeem points when they run sales. Fair enough as items already discounted.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:03 AM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

Also after shipping to the USA is included it comes out to around 80 or 90 dollars which is steep for one box set.
I mean granted I paid that for some other sets such as shaw brothers and wong kar wai and others but this would be a complete blind buy going in
Old 08-13-2021, 07:11 AM   #26
Power Member

Sep 2012
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chaverria View Post
Alright. I know the name but know nothing of her.

Mae West, what am I getting into w/ a collection of her films?
Nothing very cinematic, that's for sure. Best remembered for her general drag-act manner - though this is likeliest a question of chicken and egg in terms of precedence - as well as her pneumatic chest and a sashaying walk made even more famous by the star who copied it from her, John Wayne (née Marion Morrison).

To be treasured as the woman who, up in court on morals charges in the 1930s, responded to the judge who disliked her manner and had asked whether she was trying to show contempt for the proceedings saying "O judge! I'm trying so hard not to". And who, aged at least 136, in her last, absolutely appalling film Sextette - alas not included in this new set of semi-scrapings - replied to a journalist enquiring after her activities "I'm just a girl who works at Paramount all day and Fox all night".

Last edited by sjt; 08-22-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Thanks given by:
Aclea (08-14-2021), AnnThrope (08-18-2021), Blatttman (08-13-2021), peschi (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

This won't play in Region A, will it?
Old 08-13-2021, 08:05 AM   #28

Apr 2021
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviebuff75 View Post
Good question. In the old days PH used to list the region status at the bottom of the product descriptions on their website. They have stopped doing this, think when they said all new titles would be RB locked. Does seem strange though they no longer say.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:24 AM   #29

Aug 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hornets View Post
Good question. In the old days PH used to list the region status at the bottom of the product descriptions on their website. They have stopped doing this, think when they said all new titles would be RB locked. Does seem strange though they no longer say.
It looks like they still do post the Region status at the bottom of the description on their website. They have This set listed as Region B. are indicator's blu-ray's ever actually region free when they are marked Region B? i'm hoping so because I really want to get this set. Especially since it has THE HEAT IS ON and Kino Doesn't.
Thanks given by:
The Hornets (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 08:25 AM   #30

Feb 2015

Im so pre-ordering this, can sit beautifully next to the Marlene Dietrich boxset

Indicator doesnt do VAT/IOSS payments for orders to europe right? really want that poster, but it means a extra hassle to get it directly from them.
Thanks given by:
keithvg (08-16-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 09:28 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschi View Post
Im so pre-ordering this, can sit beautifully next to the Marlene Dietrich boxset

Indicator doesnt do VAT/IOSS payments for orders to europe right? really want that poster, but it means a extra hassle to get it directly from them.
What is IOSS payments and what country are you in, if you don't mind?
I have to say that rarely do Indicator titles sell for less on amazon but since they charge me tons for shipping now and the UK VAT is removed but my local one added, there is no reason for me to use them and I would anyway rather contribute to keeping Indicator alive, and I loathe amazon so luckily I rarely have to resort to using them now.
Thanks given by:
peschi (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #32

Apr 2021
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukiejosh54 View Post
It looks like they still do post the Region status at the bottom of the description on their website. They have This set listed as Region B. are indicator's blu-ray's ever actually region free when they are marked Region B? i'm hoping so because I really want to get this set. Especially since it has THE HEAT IS ON and Kino Doesn't.
Think that someone from PH has been reading our posts
Definitely wasn't there when I looked first thing this morning but is now. Although may be something to do with viewing on phone vs laptop.
Thanks given by:
dukiejosh54 (09-01-2021), Frozenpines (02-18-2022)
Old 08-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #33

Apr 2021
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJackMix View Post
What is IOSS payments and what country are you in, if you don't mind?
I have to say that rarely do Indicator titles sell for less on amazon but since they charge me tons for shipping now and the UK VAT is removed but my local one added, there is no reason for me to use them and I would anyway rather contribute to keeping Indicator alive, and I loathe amazon so luckily I rarely have to resort to using them now.
IOSS is the tax pre-payment system introduced by the EU post 1/7/2021 for non EU retailers to register and pre-pay VAT for their customers on items under €150. Over this and tax is paid on arrival as you need to pay import duty as well as VAT.

Without IOSS a package risks being stopped by customs in the EU when a package from outside arrives. The customer than has to pay the VAT but also the mail company's handling fees which in some circumstances can be very high. IOSS avoids those handling fees.

You can tell an IOSS package by a black circle with white text inside saying IOSS on the customs label. There are photos in the Zavvi thread here.

Edit: Here's the post showing what an IOSS customs label looks like. Credit to @Peschi
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=1007

Zavvi and Eureka are now registered and sorting out VAT for EU customers. Not sure about other UK based retailers like PH, Arrow etc. Amazon have their own tax pre-payment system which appears to be independent of IOSS.

Last edited by The Hornets; 08-13-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added link to Peschi's post with the IOSS photo
Thanks given by:
peschi (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 11:07 AM   #34
Power Member

Mar 2015
Laurelindórenan & Ondolindë

It's £59.99 on Zavvi
Old 08-13-2021, 11:27 AM   #35

Oct 2019
UK

There is also the dedicated REGION FREE page for an at-a-glance confirmation of what is region free.

(Although I guess a 'region locked' list might be more useful in some ways.)
Old 08-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #36

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviebuff75 View Post
All our major studio licenses - including Sony over the last couple of years - are compulsorily locked to Region B. Our policy remains as it has always been from day one, which is to go region-free whenever possible, but with many rightsholders today it simply isn't possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
(Although I guess a 'region locked' list might be more useful in some ways.)
One of our team maintains just such a list here, and it should be 100% accurate as it's updated every month (most recently yesterday).
Thanks given by:
Knaldskalle (08-14-2021), professorwho (08-13-2021), Richard A (08-17-2021), roiroiroi (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 12:00 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hornets View Post
IOSS is the tax pre-payment system introduced by the EU post 1/7/2021 for non EU retailers to register and pre-pay VAT for their customers on items under €150. Over this and tax is paid on arrival as you need to pay import duty as well as VAT.

Without IOSS a package risks being stopped by customs in the EU when a package from outside arrives. The customer than has to pay the VAT but also the mail company's handling fees which in some circumstances can be very high. IOSS avoids those handling fees.

You can tell an IOSS package by a black circle with white text inside saying IOSS on the customs label. There are photos in the Zavvi thread here.

Edit: Here's the post showing what an IOSS customs label looks like. Credit to @Peschi
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=1007

Zavvi and Eureka are now registered and sorting out VAT for EU customers. Not sure about other UK based retailers like PH, Arrow etc. Amazon have their own tax pre-payment system which appears to be independent of IOSS.
Ah yes, I had heard about it but could not remember the term.
Sadly neither zavvi nor eureka do this for Swiss orders, so I am forced to pay the higher UK VAT, and in addition, should the order+shipping surpass the thresshhold I'd have to the Swiss VAT and the handling charges.
And nobody will refund the UK VAT.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:20 PM   #38

Aug 2010
Ireland

Never underestimate the Indicator effect !

When the latest PH newsletter arrived yesterday with the first look at the boxset, I thought it a shame that I wouldn't be picking up another beautifully presented package, knowing very little about Mae West, apart from a chapter devoted to her in Kenneth Anger's Hollywood Babylon ("Monster Mae"). But having read more about her and her position within the Studio system, I was intrigued enough to pick up Simon Louvish's 2005 biography. So in the space of 24hrs, I'm now less sure that I won't pick up the Indicator set !
Old 08-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #39
Power Member

Mar 2015
New Mexico, USA
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt View Post
Nothing very cinematic, that's for sure. Best remembered for her general drag-act manner - though this is likeliest a question of chicken and egg in terms of precedence - as well as her pneumatic chest and a sashaying walk made even more famous by the star who copied it from her, John Wayne (née Marion Morrison).

To be treasured as the woman who, up in court on morals charges in the 1930s, responded to the judge who disliked her manner and had asked whether she was trying to show contempt for the proceedings replied "O judge! I'm trying so hard not to". And who, aged at least 136, in her last, absolutely appalling film Sextette - alas not included in this new set of semi-scrapings - replied to a journalist enquiring after her activities "I'm just a girl who works at Paramount all day and Fox all night".
You didn't make a single incorrect statement and yet I still want to shake my fist at you and yell "Damn you, I still love her!"

You watch Mae West movies for Mae West, not because they're great cinema.
Thanks given by:
Aclea (08-14-2021), keithvg (08-16-2021), nam4077 (08-14-2021), peschi (08-14-2021), UnionJackMix (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 06:17 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes M. View Post
Never underestimate the Indicator effect !

When the latest PH newsletter arrived yesterday with the first look at the boxset, I thought it a shame that I wouldn't be picking up another beautifully presented package, knowing very little about Mae West, apart from a chapter devoted to her in Kenneth Anger's Hollywood Babylon ("Monster Mae"). But having read more about her and her position within the Studio system, I was intrigued enough to pick up Simon Louvish's 2005 biography. So in the space of 24hrs, I'm now less sure that I won't pick up the Indicator set !
That book should be burned, it's no better than a collection of the national enquiror articles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland