Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
13 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 10-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #41

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Everyone on my Family Sharing uses Apple gift cards. I'm not charged.
None of them buy enough to make getting physical gift cards worth or adding funds worth while.

Sharing the password is just easier.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:48 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
None of them buy enough to make getting physical gift cards worth or adding funds worth while.

Sharing the password is just easier.
My Mom (and a few others) keeps about $10 on there. Every year or so, they'll add funds to it.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #43
Banned

Aug 2007

I read that Apple is making changes to make it easier for next of kin because Covid has "forced the issue"

I wanted to bring some of the info here but it was in a magazine so I couldn't cut and paste.... I may still transcribe it.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #44
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I read that Apple is making changes to make it easier for next of kin because Covid has "forced the issue"

I wanted to bring some of the info here but it was in a magazine so I couldn't cut and paste.... I may still transcribe it.
If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad on iOS15 you can copy and paste the text from a magazine using the camera or from a photo.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #45
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad on iOS15 you can copy and paste the text from a magazine using the camera or from a photo.
From cradle to grave
The terrible toll of Covid has brought problems with unexpected deaths. To help simplify tasks for next of kin, Monterey introduces Digital Legacy, where a person generates an access key for their devices before they die and shares it with executors or family members. When they die, the executor sends the key to Apple and activation lock is removed from their devices. Accompanying this are Account Recovery Contacts to recover the deceased’s iCloud account

This does seem like it alerts apple to the death tho.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

Quote:
From cradle to grave
The terrible toll of Covid has brought problems with unexpected deaths. To help simplify tasks for next of kin, Monterey introduces Digital Legacy, where a person generates an access key for their devices before they die and shares it with executors or family members. When they die, the executor sends the key to Apple and activation lock is removed from their devices. Accompanying this are Account Recovery Contacts to recover the deceased’s iCloud account

This does seem like it alerts apple to the death tho.
That would give people access to your data - which has been a big problem with increasing amounts of 'paperwork' being entirely digital and surviving partners not having access to policies or account details. It wouldn't give them transferrable ownership rights and my understanding would be under current rules they would be legally allowed to block access to any purchases once they were aware the person had died.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #47
Banned

Aug 2007

Right... this would void all itunes concerns.

Best to have a game plan if you do have next of kin.

I'm all set with actual assets .... Don't care that much for virtual assets that I never owned to begin with.

I'm hoping to haunt my home theater but I am afraid of what new music will be in the future given how god awful it is now.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:37 AM   #48

Dec 2018

Quote:

Yes. My original post was partly prompted by the fact Digital Legacy doesn't extend to iTunes purchases.

Quote:
I'm hoping to haunt my home theater but I am afraid of what new music will be in the future given how god awful it is now.

I'm planning to be buried with my toys like a pharaoh. But one day I'll come round to the realisation I won't care when I'm dead.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:27 PM   #49
Power Member

Dec 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
Buy physical. Problem solved. Then when you die, your loved ones can have your stuff, without corporate scumbaggery to deal with. If they don't want your stuff, then they can at least sell it to make money to help with a funeral or whatever. Can't do that with digital.
Physical hardware will become harder and harder to purchase when Blu-ray goes the way of the Dodo.

Much like LaserDisc and VHS hardware today.
Thanks given by:
Jumpman (02-18-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:53 PM   #50
Power Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrrnHarr View Post
Physical hardware will become harder and harder to purchase when Blu-ray goes the way of the Dodo.

Much like LaserDisc and VHS hardware today.
LaserDisc, yes, but VCRs I still see plenty of used at thrift shops. I actually bought a nice VCR at a thrift shop not long ago that had HDMI out for a few dollars. Which will work great for converting my old personal VHS tapes with stuff I made myself to digital. While overtime NEW players will be hard to find, so much plays these discs (blus and even more DVDs), that it's not really an issue. Buy an extra player as a back up, or even a few if you find them cheap enough. I bought an extra 3 blu players at a thrift shop not long ago as well. They looked new out of box and even had remotes and I paid like $5 for each of them. There's really no reason to worry about that. LaserDisc players weren't near as popular as blus and even more so DVDs, so there's not as many players out in the world.

Last edited by CrowKiller; 02-10-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #51
Power Member

Dec 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
LaserDisc, yes, but VCRs I still see plenty of used at thrift shops. I actually bought a nice VCR at a thrift shop not long ago that had HDMI out for a few dollars. Which will work great for converting my old personal VHS tapes with stuff I made myself to digital. While overtime NEW players will be hard to find, so much plays these discs (blus and even more DVDs), that it's not really an issue. Buy an extra player as a back up, or even a few if you find them cheap enough. I bought an extra 3 blu players at a thrift shop not long ago as well. They looked new out of box and even had remotes and I paid like $5 for each of them. There's really no reason to worry about that. LaserDisc players weren't near as popular as blus and even more so DVDs, so there's not as many players out in the world.
I do have a region-free Blu-ray/4K player sitting unopened in a box. I purchased it a couple of years ago when it became glaringly obvious that physical media was going to lose to streaming, and eventually disappear altogether.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:31 PM   #52

Apr 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Simple solution is if you really do want your nearest and dearest to have access to your purchases is to just leave them your AppleID and Password details.
Moreover, you can always change personal info of your account (name, birthday, e-mail, phone)…
Old 02-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #53

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by asertywny View Post
Moreover, you can always change personal info of your account (name, birthday, e-mail, phone)…
I knew about the others but didn't realise you could change the actual name. Handy!
Old 02-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #54
Power Member

Dec 2008
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by asertywny View Post
Name makes sense because people change their names all the time....but birthday?
Old 02-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
...When you die, nothing on this earth will matter to you anymore because you will be deceased.
Wow, you must be fun at parties.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:42 PM   #56

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrrnHarr View Post
Name makes sense because people change their names all the time....but birthday?

In the early days of Apple IDs I opened accounts for my sons using my birthday, as they were too young for the terms of service. Luckily when Apple introduced parental controls they permitting a change to their actual birthdays.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:49 PM   #57
Blu-ray Prince

May 2011
Texas
-
-
-
-

Every time an iTunes streamer dies, an apple server gets its wings
Thanks given by:
The Watcher 69 (02-21-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 10:44 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2016

I'll be dead and won't give a shite !
Thanks given by:
Old 02-20-2022, 05:16 AM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014

As for digital, its all available on the interwebz and accessible to anyone who really wants it. In any case the next generation does not want to sit through 2 hour movie, they only have attention the length of a Tiktok video.
Thanks given by:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes