Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 10-28-2021, 09:51 AM   #21
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Liverpool, UK

I'm on the other side of the fence with the International vs DC, I much prefer the shorter version, but I was surprised that the 'Alt. Version' on the extras was the same 105 min version lol.

Watched it the other night anyway, really love this film
Old 10-30-2021, 06:50 AM   #22

Mar 2009

I'm writing Arrow on Facebook every 3 days, just to keep them to the fire, so lets see what happens, so far they have been nice and have replied every time within 24 hours
Thanks given by:
AFFanAttic (10-30-2021), XanderAE (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #23
Banned

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denner View Post
I'm writing Arrow on Facebook every 3 days, just to keep them to the fire, so lets see what happens, so far they have been nice and have replied every time within 24 hours
I sent a direct message to their @Arrow_Player twitter account and they said they'd look into it.

And at first they misunderstood what I was saying and they responded to my twitter DM with, "Yes there’s quite a complex issue with Apple’s 4K process when it comes to the main feature vs the ‘extras’ only being available in HD. We’re working hard with our teams and Apple to find a solution but thanks for dropping us a note!"

So if/when they do fix it, the international "alternate feature" version might be relegated to HD.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #24

Sep 2013
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
I sent a direct message to their @Arrow_Player twitter account and they said they'd look into it.

So if/when they do fix it, the international "alternate feature" version might be relegated to HD.
Great! Because its the long dir cut that SHOULD be in 4K Dv since its the main version of the film.
Thanks given by:
Denner (11-01-2021), jackinbox (11-18-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #25

Mar 2009

Quote:

And at first they misunderstood what I was saying and they responded to my twitter DM with, "Yes there’s quite a complex issue with Apple’s 4K process when it comes to the main feature vs the ‘extras’ only being available in HD. We’re working hard with our teams and Apple to find a solution but thanks for dropping us a note!"

This is fine by me, I really dislike the "butchered" cut down version, so as long as we get the original length version in 4k Iˋm happy
Thanks given by:
jackinbox (11-18-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #26

Aug 2020
Scotland

I prefer the Theatrical cut. The DC doesn't really add much to the overall film, IMO, and jumping to Italian audio with english subs is jarring as hell.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #27
Banned

Feb 2017

After watching the international shorter version a few nights ago in 4K HDR, last night I watched my Arrow blu-ray of the longer Italian version. The Italian certainly feels fuller with some helpful character moments. Showing even just a little of Hemmings's character at the beginning working as a musician and living his normal life worked better than mostly only talking about it throughout the film.

After watching the shorter version the past couple of times (earlier this year on Joe Bob's Last Drive-In), the Italian version just felt a little better rounded out to me. Watching it all in Italian and subtitled also helped make it a newer experience, and it didn't immediately highlight what was new and different.

Big noticeable quality difference as well, between the 4K digital and the blu-ray. I hope they fix this.
Thanks given by:
Denner (11-06-2021), jackinbox (11-18-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #28

Mar 2009

Just contacted Arrow again and they sent me this answer:

"Hi Dennis, It's still ongoing and we're waiting on confirmation of whether we can add the Italian version of Deep Red to Apple TV or not, hopefully we can have an update soon. AV"

Seems like it is an issue with marketing rights or an issue with what Apple allows on it's store maybe, just speculation but Arrow has the 4k master on hand so it can't be what's keeping them from correcting the problem ����
Thanks given by:
AFFanAttic (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 10:21 PM   #29
Banned

Feb 2017

Quote:
Just contacted Arrow again and they sent me this answer:

"Hi Dennis, It's still ongoing and we're waiting on confirmation of whether we can add the Italian version of Deep Red to Apple TV or not, hopefully we can have an update soon. AV"

Seems like it is an issue with marketing rights or an issue with what Apple allows on it's store maybe, just speculation but Arrow has the 4k master on hand so it can't be what's keeping them from correcting the problem ����
For a minute I interpreted their reply to you as they didn't know if they had the digital rights. But that shouldn't be the issue because they're streaming both versions on their Arrow Player streaming service (HD only). In comparison, they aren't streaming Bird with the Crystal Plumage just the same as they aren't selling that for digital purchase. So this must be a hiccup with Apple.

You know what I think it could be… it might not be so easy for them to switch out the main version of the movie in their store listing. They could switch out or add new extras, but Apple probably has issues with publishers changing purchased movies to something else with a big runtime difference.
And their apparent complications with giving extras the 4K HDR treatment makes it hard for them to just add the Italian cut as the "alternate" version.

Thanks for keeping on top of this. It's cool they're being nice and giving updates. I was hesitating to send them another DM on twitter because they were already keeping you informed and working on it.
Thanks given by:
Denner (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 06:24 AM   #30

Mar 2009

Quote:
For a minute I interpreted their reply to you as they didn't know if they had the digital rights. But that shouldn't be the issue because they're streaming both versions on their Arrow Player streaming service (HD only). In comparison, they aren't streaming Bird with the Crystal Plumage just the same as they aren't selling that for digital purchase. So this must be a hiccup with Apple.

You know what I think it could be… it might not be so easy for them to switch out the main version of the movie in their store listing. They could switch out or add new extras, but Apple probably has issues with publishers changing purchased movies to something else with a big runtime difference.
And their apparent complications with giving extras the 4K HDR treatment makes it hard for them to just add the Italian cut as the "alternate" version.

Thanks for keeping on top of this. It's cool they're being nice and giving updates. I was hesitating to send them another DM on twitter because they were already keeping you informed and working on it.
You're properly right on what's causing the problem, and why it is causing so many problems for them just to switch out the main feature, but I really hope that it is possible for them

I regards to to me keeping you up to date, that's the least I can do when I started this thread and topic, and I will off cause keep posting updates here until the Arrow comes to a conclusion on what's possible
Old 11-17-2021, 07:39 AM   #31

Mar 2009

Quick update, Arrow still don't know or have a solution 🧐

Quote:
I can only apologise, we are still waiting for an update regarding this.

- Jake Y
Old 12-09-2021, 06:19 AM   #32

Mar 2009

Well a quick update:

The guy who was looking into the issue is no longer at ArrowVideo, so Im back to square one, and to be honest I have used countless hours writing with him about the issue, so I give up, and am not going to pursue the issue any more, sorry

Well I am going to get a refund from Apple and cut my losses....

So sorry guys and girls, but I wont me be pursuing this issue anymore
Old 12-09-2021, 06:46 AM   #33

Sep 2013
Sweden

Well....stilll worth $2.99
Old 12-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #34
Banned

Feb 2017

Well fudging hell. Thank you for the efforts, regardless. Yesterday I sent them another Twitter DM asking if they plan to fix this still and I've not yet heard back. I really hope it's not dead in the water.

I agree this is still worth 2.99. And I know this isn't the most elegant solution and it might upset some customers, but one way they could fix this is to just do another separate iTunes release of the "original cut" and include the two commentary tracks as extras along with options for English or Italian audio.
Old 12-29-2021, 07:15 PM   #35

Mar 2009

I could not let it go, bothers the heck out of me, so sendt them another message, lets see what they say this time around….
Thanks given by:
AFFanAttic (12-29-2021), XanderAE (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #36
Banned

Feb 2017

Quote:
I could not let it go, bothers the heck out of me, so sendt them another message, lets see what they say this time around….
I didn't get a Twitter DM reply from them this time. I also gave them my questionable suggestion that they could just give the Italian version its own release with both commentaries and language options included. Hope you hear back.
Thanks given by:
Denner (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 06:57 PM   #37

Mar 2009

I unfortunately have not heard anything yet, I seriously doubt they have any idea of what the problem is or how to fix it ��
Old 01-31-2022, 05:57 AM   #38

Mar 2009

Can anyone please check to se if Arrow have updated the International Cut to 4K DV/HDR or if it is still the horrible SD version ?
Old 01-31-2022, 06:22 AM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

Quote:
Can anyone please check to se if Arrow have updated the International Cut to 4K DV/HDR or if it is still the horrible SD version ?
Both the default and version that is in iTunes extras in the US store play the 105 min cut, with the one in extras playing in HD. Also, notice the iTunes Store page says the film length is about 105 minutes. Pretty sure it was a little over 2 hrs when first listed.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:09 AM   #40

Sep 2013
Sweden

The export verion 105min is in 4K DV and the longer original version 127min is still missing from the xtras section.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes