Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Old (iTunes)
$4.99

Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99

Doctor Strange 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Captain America Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Iron Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (iTunes)
$4.99

Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99

Fight Club (iTunes)
$4.99

Glass / Split 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$9.98

Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-05-2021, 10:21 PM   #1

Sep 2010
Default iTunes Holiday Sale 2021

Does anyone know when/if Apple is planning to hold its annual holiday sale? I remember the sales last year werenít great (which was understandable given the pandemic) but Iím not entirely hopeful that theyíll be much better this year based on how bad Black Friday sales in general were.

But as far as when the sale happens, does anyone have any details?
Old 12-05-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavhill View Post
Does anyone know when/if Apple is planning to hold its annual holiday sale? I remember the sales last year werenít great (which was understandable given the pandemic) but Iím not entirely hopeful that theyíll be much better this year based on how bad Black Friday sales in general were.

Last yearís big sale in the US started on Tuesday 12/22. Based on that, Iíd expect this yearís to start 12/21.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #3

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavhill View Post

I donít remember a sale last year but would have thought the pandemic and lockdown would have had Apple & distributors do a big sale not the opposite.

I miss the 12 days of Christmas promotion that iTunes used to do.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:50 AM   #4

Dec 2018

Isn't their "sale" usually gift cards with hardware purchase? Or am I thinking of Black Friday?
Old 12-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 69 View Post
Isn't their "sale" usually gift cards with hardware purchase? Or am I thinking of Black Friday?
That's Black Friday, the iTunes Store sale is usually pretty good if you're after things like well know movie collections, and in years where they did run their 12 days of Christmas there were really good prices on some of those. Most of my wishlist these days is from smaller labels that never seem to go on sale, so I'm not holding my breath as the Christmas sale is usually pretty dominated by the big studios.

There has also been a sale in the past, I think in early January(?), where they put lots of brand new titles on sale for £2.99 (not sure of the US price) to encourage people to start digital collections. Don't know if that will come back as I'm sure more people than ever have already done that, but I remember getting burned picking up some relatively new things for £7/8 and then that came around soon after.
Thanks given by:
The Watcher 69 (12-12-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #6

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematt View Post
That's Black Friday, the iTunes Store sale is usually pretty good if you're after things like well know movie collections, and in years where they did run their 12 days of Christmas there were really good prices on some of those. Most of my wishlist these days is from smaller labels that never seem to go on sale, so I'm not holding my breath as the Christmas sale is usually pretty dominated by the big studios.

There has also been a sale in the past, I think in early January(?), where they put lots of brand new titles on sale for £2.99 (not sure of the US price) to encourage people to start digital collections. Don't know if that will come back as I'm sure more people than ever have already done that, but I remember getting burned picking up some relatively new things for £7/8 and then that came around soon after.
That same to encourage people to go digital was awesome. I remember being up late the night it started watching a movie and when I saw the prices I thought it must be that I was imagining it. Then I thought it is a glitch and if I hurry maybe Apple would allow me to keep what I got with charging me the balance.

It wasnít an iTunes sale though - didnít Google Play and Amazon drop to the same prices? The studios were in on it too. It was an alliance between them all to breath more live into digital sales.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:59 PM   #7

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMan85 View Post
when I saw the prices I thought it must be that I was imagining it

Speaking of "too good to be true" I was one of the lucky ones to pick up the entire Harry Potter collection for $14.99 during a pricing error!
Old 12-22-2021, 04:33 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Last yearís big sale in the US started on Tuesday 12/22. Based on that, Iíd expect this yearís to start 12/21.
Guess not.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #9

Jan 2010
Narnia

This is it, all the bundles and $4.99 movies etc
Old 12-22-2021, 07:02 PM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
This is it, all the bundles and $4.99 movies etc