Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Old (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
 
Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Doctor Strange 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Captain America Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Iron Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Where the Crawdads Sing (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Fight Club (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Glass / Split 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$9.98
 
Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
 
Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #1
geiger167 geiger167 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
2
347
45
Default Selling Question

I'm UK based and after a bit of advice if it is allowed. I'm aware you can gift movies to someone else in the uk but is there anywhere where you can actually sell movies you own yourself to another person using this method ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
919
7
Default

Not if bought digitally you can’t no.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
geiger167 geiger167 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
2
347
45
Default

I'm just curious, why not ? Is there a practical or ethical issue preventing it ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2012
-
-
-
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger167 View Post
I'm UK based and after a bit of advice if it is allowed. I'm aware you can gift movies to someone else in the uk but is there anywhere where you can actually sell movies you own yourself to another person using this method ?
Not really sure what you mean, you can't sell anything you have already purchased. Gifting a movie just means buying it from itunes and someone else redeems it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:48 PM   #5
geiger167 geiger167 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
2
347
45
Default

I'll try to clarify, I have a load of films I bought on Itunes, hundreds of them, I don't want them anymore, I have tested the gifting process by sending a friend a movie I had previously purchased. Can I sell my films to someone Via gifting rather than giving them all away for nothing lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #6
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
919
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger167 View Post
I'll try to clarify, I have a load of films I bought on Itunes, hundreds of them, I don't want them anymore, I have tested the gifting process by sending a friend a movie I had previously purchased. Can I sell my films to someone Via gifting rather than giving them all away for nothing lol
But you haven’t gifted a movie you own from your library to another as you still have it in your library, what you’ve done is payed for the same movie again to gift to another.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #7
geiger167 geiger167 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
2
347
45
Default

Cool OK, I'll forget that then Thanks for the help
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #8
vinncent vinncent is offline
Active Member
 
vinncent's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Sweden
Default

So you mean like selling a $10 movie for lets say...$5 since its used? Make up your own price? If not....why would anybody buy it from you rather than directly from Itunes? Did you really think before you posted this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:21 AM   #9
meremortal meremortal is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
meremortal's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Bedford Falls
253
Default

Not being able to trade or sell redeemed codes is a frustrating aspect of digital. At the very least it'd be nice to trade them back to the streaming provider. For example, if you purchased directly from Vudu it'd be nice to have an option to basically return it for partial credit towards another purchase.

Last edited by meremortal; 02-02-2022 at 11:26 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:32 AM   #10
vinncent vinncent is offline
Active Member
 
vinncent's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Not being able to trade or sell redeemed codes is a frustrating aspect of digital. At the very least it'd be nice to trade them back to the streaming provider. For example, if you purchased directly from Vudu it'd be nice to have an option to basically return it for partial credit towards another purchase.
I think thats whats renting is for....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Katatonia (02-02-2022), meremortal (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #11
meremortal meremortal is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
meremortal's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Bedford Falls
253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
I think thats whats renting is for....
I hear what you're saying. But like any collection, I often like to rotate stuff in and out over time. Digital perhaps requires better planning than I'm used to doing when it comes to movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #12
geiger167 geiger167 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
2
347
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
So you mean like selling a $10 movie for lets say...$5 since its used? Make up your own price? If not....why would anybody buy it from you rather than directly from Itunes? Did you really think before you posted this?
Yeah obviously I meant selling them at a greatly reduced price lol, when I tried to gift a film as a test in itunes on pc there was no gift option, only open in store, I went to the store, then there i s aplay button, with a share option, then gift the movie with a link box to put in the email of the recipient. At no point was I asked for money so I'm presuming in theory it is possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (82.8 KB, 12 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 02:09 PM   #13
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2012
-
-
-
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger167 View Post
Yeah obviously I meant selling them at a greatly reduced price lol, when I tried to gift a film as a test in itunes on pc there was no gift option, only open in store, I went to the store, then there i s aplay button, with a share option, then gift the movie with a link box to put in the email of the recipient. At no point was I asked for money so I'm presuming in theory it is possible
You have to pay for gifts like any other purchase.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #14
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger167 View Post
Yeah obviously I meant selling them at a greatly reduced price lol, when I tried to gift a film as a test in itunes on pc there was no gift option, only open in store, I went to the store, then there i s aplay button, with a share option, then gift the movie with a link box to put in the email of the recipient. At no point was I asked for money so I'm presuming in theory it is possible
You would have been asked for payment in the next step.

From the consumer perspective it would of course be nice if you could gift movies from your library to someone else, but obviously the studios prefer to sell another license instead, so I doubt they will ever allow the digital stores to offer that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:29 AM   #15
bhampton bhampton is offline
Banned
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
613
2102
36
5
18
Default

It's yours forever

until it's not on the server for whatever reason.

Last edited by bhampton; 02-04-2022 at 11:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #16
The Watcher 69 The Watcher 69 is offline
Active Member
 
The Watcher 69's Avatar
 
Dec 2018
Default

You could sell your entire account like gamers do, but it'd probably be a violation of the terms of service. Plus I gather there are purchases you actually want to keep.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.