Best Prime Deals


Best Prime Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness UHD (Prime)
$9.99
 
Nope UHD (Prime)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99
 
Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99
 
Eternals HD (Prime)
$9.99
 
Bullet Train (Prime)
$4.99
 
Doctor Strange UHD (Prime)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
Black Widow (Prime)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
Captain America: The Winter Soldier UHD (Prime)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Iron Man HD (Prime)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Doctor Strange HD (Prime)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Doctor Strange HD (Prime)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Mar 2008
-
1
Default Prime Price increase

Amazon to Raise Price of Prime Membership, Citing NFL Deal And Expanded Entertainment Offerings
The price of an annual Amazon Prime membership will jump to $139 in the coming weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:13 AM   #2
erlinmeyer erlinmeyer is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
erlinmeyer's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Minnesota
510
4855
438
909
1267
1389
683
1088
9
11
Default

Prime costs, Amazon said, will rise from $12.99 to $14.99, with the annual membership rising 16.8% to $139, with changes for new members coming into effect on February 18. For existing members, the increase will come on March 25.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:28 AM   #3
cheez avenger cheez avenger is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
cheez avenger's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
370
1046
9
Default

That's about $12.75 per month with tax if paid upfront, which is what I will do come March.

Worth it!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (02-04-2022), Jay H. (02-06-2022), Maximux (02-05-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 12:45 AM   #4
SuperDevilDoctor SuperDevilDoctor is offline
Member
 
SuperDevilDoctor's Avatar
 
Mar 2020
Memphis
2
548
Default

Membership in Audible (Amazon's audio book "club") should be included with a Prime subscription.

But, of course, it's not.

Dumb move on Amazon's part. None of the other streaming giants could offer an audiobook club as part of the package.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (02-04-2022), lobo81865 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 01:14 AM   #5
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
12
936
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDevilDoctor View Post
Membership in Audible (Amazon's audio book "club") should be included with a Prime subscription.

But, of course, it's not.

Dumb move on Amazon's part. None of the other streaming giants could offer an audiobook club as part of the package.
Dumb move? Audible is a hugely successful service, it would be a completely poor business decision to include it with Prime, and kill off billions in revenue. Amazon doesn't need audiobooks to sell Prime, so it's hardly the selling point you're trying to make it be. Prime members also get certain perks and discounts with an Audible subscription.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Greyman (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 02:35 AM   #6
The Great Escape The Great Escape is offline
Special Member
 
The Great Escape's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
233
1312
531
221
120
244
2
Default

If you are an existing member and your membership renews before March you still pay only $119 for 2022. Spoke with a customer service person tonight about it. My renewed last month for $119
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 02:55 AM   #7
erlinmeyer erlinmeyer is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
erlinmeyer's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Minnesota
510
4855
438
909
1267
1389
683
1088
9
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Escape View Post
If you are an existing member and your membership renews before March you still pay only $119 for 2022. Spoke with a customer service person tonight about it. My renewed last month for $119
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
Prime costs, Amazon said, will rise from $12.99 to $14.99, with the annual membership rising 16.8% to $139, with changes for new members coming into effect on February 18. For existing members, the increase will come on March 25.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:12 AM   #8
slimdude slimdude is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2009
-
-
-
8
Default

I was contemplating on canceling anyway because, I don't order that much merchandise from Amazon like I use to, and I hardly ever stream anything from Prime Video because I already have the majority of my 4K UHD movies and blu-rays on physical media. As far as the audiobooks is concern, I couldn't care less. I've never listened to an audiobook and never will. I'm old school! I like to read books the old-fashioned way. I'm not that lazy that I don't want to pick up book or a magazine and read it anymore. It's all about convenience. If something is not convenient enough, people don't want any part of it.

Last edited by slimdude; 02-04-2022 at 04:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:22 AM   #9
welcometothepartypal welcometothepartypal is offline
Special Member
 
welcometothepartypal's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
177
900
102
3
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
i was contemplating on canceling anyway because, i don't order that much merchandise from amazon like i use to, and i hardly ever stream anything from prime video because i already have the majority of my 4k uhd movies and blu-rays on physical media. As far as the audiobooks is concern, i couldn't care less. I've never listened to an audiobook and never will. I'm old school! I like to read books the old-fashioned way. I'm not that lazy that i don't want to pick up book or a magazine and read it anymore.
Unknown-1.jpeg
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:44 AM   #10
meremortal meremortal is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
meremortal's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Bedford Falls
253
Default

It's probably not a bad deal given all the amenities. I've been really lazy with Amazon ordering since I'm a bit impatient and hate having to wait around for the mail given porch pirates over the last few years (it was nice when there was an Amazon locker nearby; obviously PO boxes are an option as well). But I will say Prime Video is pretty nice and often has some stuff the other streaming providers don't seem to have when I look.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (02-06-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 04:14 AM   #11
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
25
346
20
Default

ATM, still a way better deal than Netflix's BS.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
critterdvd (02-05-2022), InuYashaCrusade (02-04-2022), mwynn (02-04-2022), nugent (02-05-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 11:37 PM   #12
erlinmeyer erlinmeyer is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
erlinmeyer's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Minnesota
510
4855
438
909
1267
1389
683
1088
9
11
Default

From CNET:

Savvy bargain shoppers have noted that Amazon's "gift of Prime" service can be an effective method of extending the current price rate. If you buy a gift subscription of Amazon Prime before the price change and activate it when your existing subscription expires, you'll get another year at the $119 rate. If you sign up for a yearly account before Feb. 18 and buy another yearly gift subscription at $119, you won't be paying the new $139 yearly rate until 2024 (though you will be paying $238 upfront).
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:34 AM   #13
slimdude slimdude is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2009
-
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
From CNET:

Savvy bargain shoppers have noted that Amazon's "gift of Prime" service can be an effective method of extending the current price rate. If you buy a gift subscription of Amazon Prime before the price change and activate it when your existing subscription expires, you'll get another year at the $119 rate. If you sign up for a yearly account before Feb. 18 and buy another yearly gift subscription at $119, you won't be paying the new $139 yearly rate until 2024 (though you will be paying $238 upfront).
Screw Amazon because, nobody is going to pay double in advance to keep the price at $119.00.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:03 AM   #14
BluBonnet BluBonnet is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Screw Amazon because, nobody is going to pay double in advance to keep the price at $119.00.
My current subscription runs through the summer. I think I'd be better off doing this and extending the current price through summer of 2023
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:47 PM   #15
slimdude slimdude is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2009
-
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
My current subscription runs through the summer. I think I'd be better off doing this and extending the current price through summer of 2023
Amazon doesn't have to increase the price of their Prime membership at all because, they are already a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate, and that extra $20.00 from the subscribers is not going to make or break them. This price increase is nothing but another act of greed from Amazon's new CEO: Andy Jassy. When Jeff Bezo was still the CEO of Amazon, the Prime membership didn't increase. What everybody should is to cancel their memberships, just to show their disapproval of this new CEO of his greediness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:09 PM   #16
BluBonnet BluBonnet is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Amazon doesn't have to increase the price of their Prime membership at all because, they are already a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate, and that extra $20.00 from the subscribers is not going to make or break them. This price increase is nothing but another act of greed from Amazon's new CEO: Andy Jassy. When Jeff Bezo was still the CEO of Amazon, the Prime membership didn't increase. What everybody should is to cancel their memberships, just to show their disapproval of this new CEO of his greediness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:13 PM   #17
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
12
936
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Amazon doesn't have to increase the price of their Prime membership at all because, they are already a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate, and that extra $20.00 from the subscribers is not going to make or break them. This price increase is nothing but another act of greed from Amazon's new CEO: Andy Jassy. When Jeff Bezo was still the CEO of Amazon, the Prime membership didn't increase. What everybody should is to cancel their memberships, just to show their disapproval of this new CEO of his greediness.
Businesses aren't charities last I checked. By your logic any multi-billion dollar company shouldn't ever raise their prices because it won't make or break them.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (02-06-2022), jkoffman (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #18
BluBonnet BluBonnet is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Businesses aren't charities last I checked. By your logic any multi-billion dollar company shouldn't ever raise their prices because it won't make or break them.
Someone has to pay for that $500 million LOTR show, and it sure won't be Bezos
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #19
slimdude slimdude is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2009
-
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Businesses aren't charities last I checked. By your logic any multi-billion dollar company shouldn't ever raise their prices because it won't make or break them.
And part of being a successful business, the company should give back to the people to show their appreciation (without expecting anything in return), instead of taking and receiving from the consumers, to earn more profit and money to go into their already deep pockets. Who side are you on: is it Amazon (who're already mulit-billionaires), or are you for the hard working low and middle class consumers, who're struggling and earning just enough money to survive for themselves and their families, or living from paycheck to paycheck? Everybody is not blessed to be multi-million and billionaires who can afford it. Maybe you've got deep pockets but, think about the underprivileged too.

Last edited by slimdude; 02-06-2022 at 04:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 04:41 PM   #20
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
12
936
69
Default

There's really no point trying to explain how business works, so I'll just leave it there.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BluBonnet (02-06-2022), sriley86 (02-06-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Amazon Prime Video


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.