Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Assassin's Creed 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 hr ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
5 hrs ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$82.26
20 hrs ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
$10.99
5 hrs ago
Bodies Bodies Bodies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

View Poll Results: Yea or Nay?
Anolis/i-catcher 1 11.11%
Koch 4 44.44%
NSM 1 11.11%
StudioCanal 3 33.33%
Turbine 1 11.11%
Warner Archive Collection (WAC) - Should It Remain? 5 55.56%
Wicked Vision 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2022, 07:28 PM   #41
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBert View Post
There's a post in the dedicated thread where they explain they get less and less access to archives and that in some cases they've even had to halt work on movies that did end up released in other territories by other companies. HK movies have kept them afloat in recent years.
I saw that. It didn’t surprise me sadly, particularly the HK movies stuff, which despite me not having a huge interest in them, has led me to believe that they’re very much a good thing for Eureka, and by extension us
Old 07-24-2022, 07:38 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBert View Post
There's a post in the dedicated thread where they explain they get less and less access to archives and that in some cases they've even had to halt work on movies that did end up released in other territories by other companies. HK movies have kept them afloat in recent years.
I just hope all the people moaning about “too many HK films” from Eureka felt suitably silly when Eureka themselves said how important those films had been to their business.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:13 AM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012
The Arse of the World's Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_R View Post
Any problems ever?
Probably the release of the Czech classic Valerie & Her Week of Wonders albeit I can't remember the reason but I think it had something to do with the colour compaired to the Criterion release.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:40 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
Probably the release of the Czech classic Valerie & Her Week of Wonders albeit I can't remember the reason but I think it had something to do with the colour compaired to the Criterion release.
Criterion released a new restoration and Second Run used an unrestored scan. It's day and night.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #45
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladriusse View Post
Is the label 'CultFilms' any good?
I really liked CouncilSpectre's response above. What I'd add is I tried them because there were some titles I wasn't going to pass up; the Sophia Loren package, One Deadly Summer for Adjani's committed performance, Visconti's The Innocent, Antonioni's Story of a Love Affair and the portmanteau film Boccaccio’70. None of it disappointed, source-related problems notwithstanding, except their 8½ which was contrast blasted to hell (I have the Criterion for comparison).
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 11:51 AM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobrianders View Post
I really liked CouncilSpectre's response above. What I'd add is I tried them because there were some titles I wasn't going to pass up; the Sophia Loren package, One Deadly Summer for Adjani's committed performance, Visconti's The Innocent, Antonioni's Story of a Love Affair and the portmanteau film Boccaccio’70. None of it disappointed, source-related problems notwithstanding, except their 8½ which was contrast blasted to hell (I have the Criterion for comparison).
I have the Loren set on my backlog somewhere, but tbh I was kind of reluctant to go anywhere near it after the Fellini fiasco. Glad to hear that's not similarly blighted, I'll move it back up my list
Thanks given by:
trobrianders (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 12:02 PM   #47
Special Member

Feb 2017

Is Plain Archive worthy of discussion here?
Thanks given by:
Old 07-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #48
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletlion View Post
I hope it is. I'd like to hear what others think since taking an interest in their Petzold set but it's way too pricey for two out of the four. I have Phoenix and Barabara on other blu labels, Soda and Kino Lorber. The Sciamma set looks good too.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletlion View Post
I only have one release of theirs ("I Killed My Mother"), but haven't watched it yet. I bought it because I have heard it's a great release; it's definitely the only English-friendly blu-ray of that film out there.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:33 PM   #50
Special Member

Feb 2017

I couldn't afford the Sciamma set but like everything Plain Archive do, the packaging and artwork is incredible.

I bought their 'Incendies' release which is now out of print. It's still unopened in the shrink wrap.

Thanks given by:
Old 07-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #51
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
I have the Loren set on my backlog somewhere, but tbh I was kind of reluctant to go anywhere near it after the Fellini fiasco. Glad to hear that's not similarly blighted, I'll move it back up my list
You'll have read the reviews and know that there's nothing that will blow you away but for a first time viewing of these films, which it was for me, I was really pleased. If there are to be better versions down the road then fine. For now they did the job really well.
Thanks given by:
Old 07-25-2022, 01:06 PM   #52
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobrianders View Post
You'll have read the reviews and know that there's nothing that will blow you away but for a first time viewing of these films, which it was for me, I was really pleased. If there are to be better versions down the road then fine. For now they did the job really well.
I did have the singular Cult Films release of TWO WOMEN already and that was adequate from memory. Assuming the others are of a similar level then I think it will do fine. I haven't seen the other three in some time so it may as well be a first viewing again anyway!
Old 07-25-2022, 01:30 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladriusse View Post
Is the label 'CultFilms' any good?
Hit & miss I think, especially by the fact that they own Shameless.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #54
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
I did have the singular Cult Films release of TWO WOMEN already and that was adequate from memory. Assuming the others are of a similar level then I think it will do fine. I haven't seen the other three in some time so it may as well be a first viewing again anyway!
I think A Special Day is ok as it's the approved restoration that Criterion used but I prefer the Criterion. The other two colour films are probably the weaker of the four. Still ok though. Individual titles are on offer at amazon £7.99 today.
Thanks given by:
Old 07-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #55
Expert Member

Oct 2019
UK

I think it needs to be reiterated that Arrow have acknowledged their issues and are working on them. Obviously the proof is in the pudding and remains to be tasted, but given their past I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt, even with the significant staff changes and Zavvi sticking their oar in.
Thanks given by:
jackranderson (07-28-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 03:28 PM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Poll added to the OP which is open for 30 days.

Cast your votes against each if you want them added to the list. WAC is already on the OP but should it remain?
Old 07-25-2022, 06:05 PM   #57

Jul 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Given that the discs are identical, what does it matter? Unless you had to return the LE, which I can't imagine being requested of you.
No request for a return, so I just swapped the disc over to the standard edition and binned the dodgy disc.
Are you saying that the standard edition of The Legacy has also got glitches (being identical)?
Old 07-28-2022, 02:13 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

What’s wrong with the poll? It is asking contributors to the thread if they wanted other boutiques added to the main list. It’s not UK specific.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:16 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

There's the following:

1) Nucleus: - Have corrected/fixed problems with other releases of the same films e.g. numerous ones, on the Redemption release, to Jess franco's Demons & fixing the audio problem, that was on the Vinegar Syndrome, release for either Nothing Underneath or Too Beautiful to Die.
2) Fractured Visions: - ONLy have one of their releases so can't judge them properly.
3) Camera Obscura: - Excellent releases
4) Distribpix: - Excellent releases , albeit they take forever to release films.
5) Salvation Films: - Hit & miss.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
USA

There is a new guy representing VCI over in the north American section. He said we should let him know if we have any issues with their releases.

Oh, boy. That thread could get very interesting..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International