Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46

House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00

The Revenant (Blu-ray)
£1.90

Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray)
£16.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (Blu-ray)
£6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-23-2022, 08:11 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooey View Post
They have Bey's older commentary? That's interesting Maybe his old commentaries could be included in other releases, I thought he'd been permanently dropped because of "incidents"
Thanks given by:
KayJay22 (09-23-2022), Labor_Unit001 (09-23-2022), Mr. Odessa (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 08:26 PM   #42

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
They have Bey's older commentary? That's interesting Maybe his old commentaries could be included in other releases, I thought he'd been permanently dropped because of "incidents"
Yes please, I dont mind pushing Dragons Forever back another month or two if it takes that to include Bey's bonuses.
Thanks given by:
grim_tales (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 08:40 PM   #43

Feb 2020
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post
And also remember one more sore spot for HK film fans: years and YEARS of older blu-rays that just took standard definition masters and blew them up to "HD". So if a 2K master that was prepped for blu-ray was just blown up to "4K" when there's no reason to not scan/restore in 4K for an authentic release (outside of budget), people won't buy. And it could blemish the company releasing it.
Yeah, I totally get it, I guess it just makes me sad people would view a 2k UHD as an inferior product when 2k is still better than what we get on blu-ray at 1080p. With the addition of HDR, I would definitely consider it an upgrade. But it is what it is, and applying an HDR grade is still costly, so yeah makes sense companies wouldn’t want to risk any blowback from fans.
Thanks given by:
OldPangYau (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 08:54 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalCMan View Post
Yeah, I totally get it, I guess it just makes me sad people would view a 2k UHD as an inferior product when 2k is still better than what we get on blu-ray at 1080p. With the addition of HDR, I would definitely consider it an upgrade. But it is what it is, and applying an HDR grade is still costly, so yeah makes sense companies wouldn’t want to risk any blowback from fans.
Yeah, you'd get a ton of people going "who cares about the HDR, it's not even true 4K!", lol. With newer films, it's pretty much just an understanding that it's most likely going to be from a 2K DI (though some newer films in the last few years have been moving towards finishing in 4K since it's becoming more standard)
Thanks given by:
AnimalCMan (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 09:47 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Er...Miami?

Quote:
I'm assuming since it's his voice, not his image 'on screen', it is ok (?)
Thanks given by:
grim_tales (09-23-2022), KayJay22 (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 10:27 PM   #46
Special Member

Sep 2014
UK

Will the 2nd disc be only included on the first run or will it be included if there is a standard edition at a later time ?

I'm buying day one of course but someone asked me if this will be limited or not.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:55 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo242Turbo! View Post
Yes please, I dont mind pushing Dragons Forever back another month or two if it takes that to include Bey's bonuses.
I'm trying to think of 'new' stuff 88 could release that HKL had - maybe some 'modern' (for the time) action, Purple Storm? Beast Cops? Red Wolf? I still have Game of Death 2 because of Bey's bonus commentary
Thanks given by:
Drunksnake (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 07:07 AM   #48
Special Member

May 2014

GAME OF DEATH 2 in both the HK and the international version would be really great.

I found both PURPLE STORM and 2000 AD quiete silly but I really liked BEAST COPS. So a Blu-ray of the latter would be very appreciated.

Also if Eureka or 88 could acquire some classic Johnny To like FULLTIME KILLER or THE MISSION that would be quite welcome.

Last edited by The Mole; 09-24-2022 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #49

Mar 2011

Quote:
I'm trying to think of 'new' stuff 88 could release that HKL had - maybe some 'modern' (for the time) action, Purple Storm? Beast Cops? Red Wolf? I still have Game of Death 2 because of Bey's bonus commentary
I know many people are still holding on and collecting the HKL DVDs for the reason of the Bey extras. The guy really knew his sh*t when it came to HK movie industry and was always an exciting listen. He also had a lot of other cool extra features that Eureka/88 have never ported over to the Jackie Chan releases which is a real shame and perhaps the only thing that prevents said releases of being the ultimate allthough still being the best out there. I really hope this is a change and that we will see Bey's stuff on all the Jackie Chan (and other relevant) releases and rereleases coming from here on
Thanks given by:
grim_tales (09-24-2022), jenzi (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 09:16 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

There is a documentary on the HKL release of Project A which I enjoyed which didn't make it over to the blu ray but cant remember if it was done with Bey or not.

I hope these Biao releases do well as I've always enjoyed watching him on screen, more releases would be most welcome.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:04 AM   #51

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydavey View Post
There is a documentary on the HKL release of Project A which I enjoyed which didn't make it over to the blu ray but cant remember if it was done with Bey or not.

I hope these Biao releases do well as I've always enjoyed watching him on screen, more releases would be most welcome.
Hopefully it will be on a future region A/UHD release
Old 09-24-2022, 10:17 AM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Anyone else enjoy Bey Logan commentaries at the time, think he was entertaining and informative, but also think that there are tonnes of entertaining and informative commentators on HK cinema out there whom both 88Films and Eureka have called upon on their various releases, and thus can't understand why there's such a strong attachment to the old Bey Logan commentaries? A nice addition to include if you're throwing the kitchen sink at a release, but do we really need to see Bey Logan's name attached to releases of films starring actresses that he MAY (allegedly, nothing was proved in a court of law) have facilitated the sexual abuse of?

I mean, Eric Tsang I understand, the dude's starring in the films and it would be extra awkward to remove the taint so we're kinda stuck with that oily ****er attached to various films, but Bey Logan? I've nothing against the guy and I guess he should be allowed to continue his career, but I can't really muster any enthusiasm for his brand anymore. It's all just "meh".
Thanks given by:
grim_tales (09-25-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #53

Mar 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
Anyone else enjoy Bey Logan commentaries at the time, think he was entertaining and informative, but also think that there are tonnes of entertaining and informative commentators on HK cinema out there whom both 88Films and Eureka have called upon on their various releases, and thus can't understand why there's such a strong attachment to the old Bey Logan commentaries? A nice addition to include if you're throwing the kitchen sink at a release, but do we really need to see Bey Logan's name attached to releases of films starring actresses that he MAY (allegedly, nothing was proved in a court of law) have facilitated the sexual abuse of?

I mean, Eric Tsang I understand, the dude's starring in the films and it would be extra awkward to remove the taint so we're kinda stuck with that oily ****er attached to various films, but Bey Logan? I've nothing against the guy and I guess he should be allowed to continue his career, but I can't really muster any enthusiasm for his brand anymore. It's all just "meh".
Beys commentaries always sounded researched and structured. For example his Mr Vampire commentary spent time talking about what corpse herders are and about Chinese funeral practices. The newer Eureka one just mainly points out the actors. I'd even go as far to say there were lots of HKLs films I enjoyed Beys commentary more than the film.
Thanks given by:
jenzi (09-24-2022), Volvo242Turbo! (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:45 AM   #54
Special Member

May 2014

Bey Logan had a talent for delivering commentaries that were both highly informative and entertaining. His inside knowledge of HK cinema was truely astonishing. And he never left a single dead space on any of his tracks. The infos just kept coming one after the other. He was always extremely well prepared.
Thanks given by:
jenzi (09-24-2022), Phil Menard (10-05-2022), Volvo242Turbo! (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 03:24 PM   #55

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post

Yes we absolutely need that. Im not putting down the other people to do commentaries, but Bey I felt had more inside knowledge with the industry (as he was actually a part of it) and knew a lot of the actors more personally. Besides, he knew how to speak and deliever in a professional and interesting way. I couldnt care less if he was Hannibal Lecter on his free time, most of us fans care about these peoples professionalism, not their private life. Most people in this industry have done bad stuff and acted recklessly in some way, just like the rest of us mortals.

Now I am curious to what the he** Eric Tsang have done?
Thanks given by:
jenzi (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 03:33 PM   #56
Special Member

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo242Turbo! View Post
Now I am curious to what the he** Eric Tsang have done?
Same as Bey Logan. Harassing and raping women.

I get the reaction that people who behaved like that should no longer get jobs in the industry and should be legally prosecuted for what they did. But what I don't understand is the banning of their previous work. If this was done consequently it would mean that each and every movie Harvey Weinstein ever produced was to be banned as well. And this includes most of Quentin Tarantinos works.

Last edited by The Mole; 09-24-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Thanks given by:
jenzi (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 04:38 PM   #57

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post

I get the reaction that people who behaved like that should no longer get jobs in the industry and should be legally prosecuted for what they did. But what I don't understand is the banning of their previous work. If this was done consequently it would mean that each and every movie Harvey Weinstein ever produced was to be banned as well. And this includes most of Quentin Tarantinos works.

I guess with something like this the question would be, Is he getting paid again for the commentary being on this new release?

It's definitely a grey area. His commentaries on the old HKL DVDs are probably my favourite I've ever listened to. I'd love them to be on all the new Blu-Ray releases. If he's getting paid for them again though I dunno. It certainly wouldn't stop me buying them, but I'd understand other people being put off.
Thanks given by:
BikerMarty (01-18-2023)
Old 09-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #58
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post

See, this is why I hate the internet. You've just made an accusation that as far as I know is unproven. You can't mention Woody Allen without someone saying something similar although unproven. It's just wrong.
Thanks given by:
Volvo242Turbo! (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 05:03 PM   #59
Power Member

Mar 2010
Australia

I prefer my discs on bluray for any older movies as I regularly watch them on my PC which makes it easier to enjoy with audio commentary so I can multi-task

However, it would be nice if all the releases were dual format
Old 09-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibon View Post
See, this is why I hate the internet. You've just made an accusation that as far as I know is unproven. You can't mention Woody Allen without someone saying something similar although unproven. It's just wrong.
I had never heard that accusation but let's be honest. People get away with crimes all the time. Just because it's not proven doesn't mean they're not guilty.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland