Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.20
15 hrs ago
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.58

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.75

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.76

Bait (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Sector 7 (Blu-ray)
$14.32

Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.43

Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.06

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Under an arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I still think the biggest problem was introducing 3D monitors just as most households had equipped themselves with their first or second HD monitors. TV sales were dropping because less people needed to buy. I noted that industry executives were saying TVs were a commodity, like computers, which consumers upgrade every four years. How could they be so out of touch? Unlike many in this forum, most families keep their sets until they start breaking down.
😀I hear that, I'm still running Vista!
Old 12-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1281 View Post
😀I hear that, I'm still running Vista!
Hi Damon,

Hey. I had webtv.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #23
Special Member

Oct 2010

Why do they still make 3D movies? Asia. That's the market for 3D content and where all 3D post-production work is performed. They are the only market that still has a limited number of 3D HDTV models for consumers and they have a strong marketplace of 3D headsets for those with less space to enjoy such content. Here in Murica, the 3D boom coincided with the digital projector transition, so many cinemas were equipped with 3D projectors for Avatar and though the number of 3D-capable screens has dropped, all the replacement projectors installed after that period support 3D add-ons, so it's there if needed. Also, IMAX mandated 3D on all their cineplax installs, so that too has kept 3D alive outside of Asia, as well as greatly expanding it in Asia, where there are many IMAX screens.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #24
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
My 75 inch after adjustments has very little crosstalk, I have 2 1080p dlps that have 0 crosstalk and I would not watch 3D on them after seeing it on the Z9D.
That's good for you. When I had my Z9D I tried over and over to get it to work, it just flickered and cross-talked.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:44 PM   #25
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Hi Damon,

Hey. I had webtv.
Joe, I would still be using webtv(at least for email), if they hadn't abandoned it; I still have email accounts from paypal etc. using webtv that they never seem to notice that the emails they send are coming back to them and have been for 5 years! I just don't want to change all my old paypal info.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #26

Aug 2015

3d is the greatest
Old 01-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Joe, I would still be using webtv(at least for email), if they hadn't abandoned it; I still have email accounts from paypal etc. using webtv that they never seem to notice that the emails they send are coming back to them and have been for 5 years! I just don't want to change all my old paypal info.
Hi wild.

They still make internet browsers for televisions but with the low cost of a good tablet, not really feasible for me anymore.

Never had a PC at home. After webtv became obsolete, I did use the Logitech device which worked very well but also started becoming obsolete.

Did you see in the Aquaman thread my comment about the cover?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I find it bizarre that the same tv companies that stopped making 3D tv's still make blu-ray and UHD players that support 3D!! It's like they're trying to wind us up!

I'm lucky enough to have a 2016 LG OLED that supports passive 3D and it's fantastic. But I know one day it'll fail on me and that will be that, goodbye 3D collection

Am I right that projectors only work with active glasses? I hope I'm wrong...
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #29

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
Am I right that projectors only work with active glasses? I hope I'm wrong...
At anything approaching a reasonable cost, yes.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #30
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Hi wild.

They still make internet browsers for televisions but with the low cost of a good tablet, not really feasible for me anymore.

Never had a PC at home. After webtv became obsolete, I did use the Logitech device which worked very well but also started becoming obsolete.

Did you see in the Aquaman thread my comment about the cover?
Yes I responded.

Thank you for the compliment. I wish......
Old 02-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #31

Mar 2012
Boulder

How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?

I had my LG 47LW5600, repaired once and its still functioning. I had hoped to pick up a 3D LG OLED but that plan went south a couple years back. I'm left with Craigslist for new used tv. Why the heck did they pull 3D when writing 4K specs? Geez.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #32

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?

I had my LG 47LW5600, repaired once and its still functioning. I had hoped to pick up a 3D LG OLED but that plan went south a couple years back. I'm left with Craigslist for new used tv. Why the heck did they pull 3D when writing 4K specs? Geez.
because depth, pop out and excitement and true escapism pales into comparison next to their brilliant new 'a.i.' voice control, i mean who wants to watch TV when you can talk to it and ignore the picture instead
Old 02-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #33

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?9
I'd say somewhere around $50: Cost of the additional equipment that went into the TV and the licensing fees

Quote:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is all about "4K" resolution (along with HDR and WCG). 3D forces the resolution to be half: 2K.

Consumers didn't like having to wear glasses to watch 3D in their homes. In movie theaters they were comfortable with them (those that go to see 3D movies) because there are no distractions. You are there to watch a movie and nothing else.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #34

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
I'd say somewhere around $50: Cost of the additional equipment that went into the TV and the licensing fees

Ultra HD Blu-ray is all about "4K" resolution (along with HDR and WCG). 3D forces the resolution to be half: 2K.

Consumers didn't like having to wear glasses to watch 3D in their homes. In movie theaters they were comfortable with them (those that go to see 3D movies) because there are no distractions. You are there to watch a movie and nothing else.
a lot of people are incapable of watching a full film or tv show without checking their phone every 2mins- i think this is one of the reasons they are integrating all the social media and a.i. gimmicks into them now.

Used more as entertainment hubs than tv's for some.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #35

Feb 2018
Default 3D in home is NOT dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaneg0d View Post
Hey All,

Maybe this has already been answered so, I apologize for the repetition. That said...Why do they continue to make 3D Discs if they've stopped making 3D TV's? I get that they might be catering to consumers who already have 3D TV's...however, I find it odd that there are so many movies that are released in the theater in 3D, why would they discontinue creating 3D TVs?

I have an 46" LG that I bought 6 years ago, and I have to admit, I get anxious when I think about this TV blowing out, knowing there are no replacements (other than buying an older, possibly used model).

Thoughts?
They still make 3D capable 4K projectors. Small TV's running 3D is kind of silly unless you have at least a 100" flat panel. That is why home theater is the BEST place for 3D. Most of my friends are now running 150"+ projection systems with 3D in their homes and loving it. Flat panel TV's are boring and those are what should be killed off. But similar to your point, why do they still make gasoline engines?
Thanks given by:
mredman (02-05-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion