Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$132.99

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.98

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.09

Finding Dory 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
21 hrs ago
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.68

The Pete Walker Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$41.03

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

IMAX: Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.63
18 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.92

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 01-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #3261
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Joe, I would still be using webtv(at least for email), if they hadn't abandoned it; I still have email accounts from paypal etc. using webtv that they never seem to notice that the emails they send are coming back to them and have been for 5 years! I just don't want to change all my old paypal info.
Hi wild.

They still make internet browsers for televisions but with the low cost of a good tablet, not really feasible for me anymore.

Never had a PC at home. After webtv became obsolete, I did use the Logitech device which worked very well but also started becoming obsolete.

Did you see in the Aquaman thread my comment about the cover?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #3262
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I find it bizarre that the same tv companies that stopped making 3D tv's still make blu-ray and UHD players that support 3D!! It's like they're trying to wind us up!

I'm lucky enough to have a 2016 LG OLED that supports passive 3D and it's fantastic. But I know one day it'll fail on me and that will be that, goodbye 3D collection

Am I right that projectors only work with active glasses? I hope I'm wrong...
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #3263

Nov 2007
Okolona, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
Am I right that projectors only work with active glasses? I hope I'm wrong...
At anything approaching a reasonable cost, yes.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #3264
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi wild.

They still make internet browsers for televisions but with the low cost of a good tablet, not really feasible for me anymore.

Never had a PC at home. After webtv became obsolete, I did use the Logitech device which worked very well but also started becoming obsolete.

Did you see in the Aquaman thread my comment about the cover?
Yes I responded.

Thank you for the compliment. I wish......
Old 02-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #3265

Mar 2012
Boulder

How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?

I had my LG 47LW5600, repaired once and its still functioning. I had hoped to pick up a 3D LG OLED but that plan went south a couple years back. I'm left with Craigslist for new used tv. Why the heck did they pull 3D when writing 4K specs? Geez.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #3266

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?

I had my LG 47LW5600, repaired once and its still functioning. I had hoped to pick up a 3D LG OLED but that plan went south a couple years back. I'm left with Craigslist for new used tv. Why the heck did they pull 3D when writing 4K specs? Geez.
because depth, pop out and excitement and true escapism pales into comparison next to their brilliant new 'a.i.' voice control, i mean who wants to watch TV when you can talk to it and ignore the picture instead
Old 02-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #3267
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
How much more does it cost a manufacturer to make a 3D set as opposed to 2D?9
I'd say somewhere around $50: Cost of the additional equipment that went into the TV and the licensing fees

Quote:
Ultra HD Blu-ray is all about "4K" resolution (along with HDR and WCG). 3D forces the resolution to be half: 2K.

Consumers didn't like having to wear glasses to watch 3D in their homes. In movie theaters they were comfortable with them (those that go to see 3D movies) because there are no distractions. You are there to watch a movie and nothing else.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #3268

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
I'd say somewhere around $50: Cost of the additional equipment that went into the TV and the licensing fees

Ultra HD Blu-ray is all about "4K" resolution (along with HDR and WCG). 3D forces the resolution to be half: 2K.

Consumers didn't like having to wear glasses to watch 3D in their homes. In movie theaters they were comfortable with them (those that go to see 3D movies) because there are no distractions. You are there to watch a movie and nothing else.
a lot of people are incapable of watching a full film or tv show without checking their phone every 2mins- i think this is one of the reasons they are integrating all the social media and a.i. gimmicks into them now.

Used more as entertainment hubs than tv's for some.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #3269

Feb 2018
Default 3D in home is NOT dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaneg0d View Post
Hey All,

Maybe this has already been answered so, I apologize for the repetition. That said...Why do they continue to make 3D Discs if they've stopped making 3D TV's? I get that they might be catering to consumers who already have 3D TV's...however, I find it odd that there are so many movies that are released in the theater in 3D, why would they discontinue creating 3D TVs?

I have an 46" LG that I bought 6 years ago, and I have to admit, I get anxious when I think about this TV blowing out, knowing there are no replacements (other than buying an older, possibly used model).

Thoughts?
They still make 3D capable 4K projectors. Small TV's running 3D is kind of silly unless you have at least a 100" flat panel. That is why home theater is the BEST place for 3D. Most of my friends are now running 150"+ projection systems with 3D in their homes and loving it. Flat panel TV's are boring and those are what should be killed off. But similar to your point, why do they still make gasoline engines?
Thanks given by:
mredman (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #3270

Sep 2010
Default 3d finally dead?

Hi im checking worlwide countries to look for future and upcoming 3d releases and I came to the conclusionn that this year will finally be the last one...
Mortal engine, only release at 3 countries,.
Spiderman into the spiderverse the same
aquaman and fantastic beasts only as exclusive at amazon on us.
No bumblebee
No The predator.
No ralphs break the internet.
the incredibles 2 only at uk or maybe at Korea.

What will happen with:
New Star wars films
Captain Marvel
Avengers End game,
And some many awesome new and upcoming tittles that will get a theatrical release.

Also i have the problem, that i want to have them spanish subtittles, or at least english subtittles.
Will avatar sequels will reactivate the 3d? (bill hunt replied at his twitter account that he believes that will happen..)
i prefer 3d over 4k, and i have both (lg oled 65b7p for 4k), and optoma hd27 for 3d movies. Both connected with an oppo 203, and a yamaha rx-v781 atmos receiver.
Its a shame that the companies are focusing on streaming and 4k only. They are losing the oportunity for great 4k/3d combos.
I cant believe that also dvd is going strong at marketshare!
Maybe we are a nitche, i dont know. but for me that i live in argentina (and blurays or 4k titles are very limited, is getting very difficult to import everything.
For example, at last year amazon.es had amazing 3d steelbooks! This year the last one was venom, and a upcoming digibook of fantastic beast the crimes of grindewald. No mention yet of mortal engines, spider-man into the spider-verse o aquaman at Spain.
Also last year as a first sign was the cancelattion of the incredibles 2 3d steelbook, being replace for a 2d steelbook. (in Spain also)
I want to hear your thoughts, and if there is a way to let our opinions reach companies (even if the do not pay us attention!
Sorry for the long post, but i want to share my feeling for his!
long live 3d!!!!
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (02-11-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #3271
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbusso View Post
Hi im checking worlwide countries to look for future and upcoming 3d releases and I came to the conclusionn that this year will finally be the last one...
Mortal engine, only release at 3 countries,.
Spiderman into the spiderverse the same
aquaman and fantastic beasts only as exclusive at amazon on us.
No bumblebee
No The predator.
No ralphs break the internet.
the incredibles 2 only at uk or maybe at Korea.
I can't help on the language/subtitle, but if you are going to post another doom and gloom thread at least list the facts. Since some countries notorious release 2-3 months later and rarely announce more than a few weeks ahead of time, it's way too early to even know about some items

Mortal Engines 3D -- Uk, DE, Fr, AUS, + likely 4 scandanavian countries and JP/SK/HK are pending/too early

Spider-man -- DE, IT, India, ? Mexico (never trust their listings), 4 Scandanavian, and way too early to dismiss multiple Asia/AUS and even other EU countries

Fantastic Beasts 2 -- botched Amazon Exclusive, BBY Exclusive WAC wide release, Canada, UK, DE, FR, Scandavia, ? Mexico, India, South Korea,

Aquaman -- botched Amazon Exclusive, WAC Wide Release, CA, multiple other Region Free releases in EU and India, too early for the Asian countries to list though I'm surprised AUS appears out. I'm still hoping for a BBY Exclusive

Incredibles 2 -- UK, AUS, Fr, DE, Spain, Japan, SK,
Thanks given by:
Jonnyxll (02-06-2019), mredman (02-06-2019), ryanmcv (02-06-2019), Zivouhr (02-06-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #3272

Sep 2010

Sorry that was not my intention , only to show that some titles are getting difficult to get than before.
Thanks for the Scandinavian releases (where I can get them)
Just want to have and share your opionions, I love 3d and I tried to get the most titles available.
From India I have eBay , but rahul is getting bad review latetly and I know that there is another seller (and not all the Indian releases include Spanish)
Also you re wrong with the incredibles 2, on Spain is not being released on 3d (it was cancell)
And if you have a mexican trusty site that ship worldwide I would apreciate for the tip!
Well at Contrary I created this post in order to knew and get help from all the vaulable members of this forum, and last pardon my English (is not my native lenguage)
Thanks given by:
reanimator (02-06-2019), Variety Films 3D (02-11-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:28 PM   #3273
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

3-D Blu-Rays are still being released in North America by Warner Bros. and Universal. Sony and Disney are still releasing them overseas. Paramount, so far, is the only studio that has given up on 3-D Blu-Rays worldwide.
Thanks given by:
DarrinG (02-06-2019), Variety Films 3D (02-11-2019), Zivouhr (02-06-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #3274

Sep 2010

Strange universal on the us releasing the grinch but not mortal engines , maybe because the film bombed at the box office ?
Old 02-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #3275
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Mortal Engines flopped everywhere, but it made only $15 million here in the US. I can see why they're not releasing in 3-D here.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:41 AM   #3276
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Still believe this can be cyclier. A niche following, probably, but it can become a stronger one with a new generation showing more interest.

Of course, I have neither a crystal ball nor any evidence to justify this. Just a hunch and gut feeling. I am not thinking in terms of a 3D revolution, which was a poor judgment in marketing and promotion a decade ago. But the fact that 3D is hanging on, ten years afterwards, is also a possible sign it hasn't succumbed yet.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #3277
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

The red alert is on with Disney home releases world wide tho, very concerned if we will get to complete the super hero movies in 2019 and Star Wars in 2020.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (02-11-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 01:47 AM   #3278
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Totally unnecessary thread filled with misinformation in the OP. Please take your doom and gloom into the thread dedicated for such talk:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=287758

Reported as duplicate/unnecessary thread.
Thanks given by:
mredman (02-06-2019), the13thman (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 AM   #3279

Jun 2015
Houston, TX

A lot of stores like Wal-Mart and Target have given up 3D already on regular 2D and 4K.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:20 AM   #3280
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbiaSunburstHD View Post
A lot of stores like Wal-Mart and Target have given up 3D already on regular 2D and 4K.
Hi Columbia,

They've given up on standard Blu-ray, DVD and CDs too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d t.v, 3d tv production halted, 4k3d, broadcast, external processor, ode, poping, resurrection