Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.20

IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.59

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.31

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.67

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$15.98

Bait (Blu-ray)
$7.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 08-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrostic View Post
Hi all,

Really appreciate the response to the film so far. I understand that the movie (and experimental cinema) isn't for everyone, and am sorry that the film isn't what some of you expected. I admit to being somewhat surprised, though, by those who were apparently expecting some conventional entertainment. The campaign made a point to be forthcoming about what the movie is, and even included a critic's quote comparing the experience to Godard's 3D movie.

While I'm very grateful to all of you who donated to the campaign, I hope none of you feel as though I duped you into buying something you weren't expecting. This wasn't written in fine print.

Hi Blake,

Not at all. I immediately recognized that this was geared to a specific type of audience but was quite curious when making my donation so that's why I stated it was of no criticisim of your work and when it comes to this type of art form it was all about me and not being adept to distinguish between genius and garbage.

And my thoughts of Godard was with what I was more familiar with, films like breathless. So that was my own misunderstanding.

Again, wanted those in this forum to understand what I was stating was about me and not about your efforts.

Best of future success.
Thanks given by:
Astrostic (08-25-2019), br3ttD (08-25-2019), EVERRET (09-06-2019), revgen (08-25-2019), robtadrian (08-25-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #82

Feb 2015
London, England

Have any international (non-US) backers received theirs yet? It's been over two weeks now since these were posted so I am starting to get anxious...
Old 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Have any international (non-US) backers received theirs yet? It's been over two weeks now since these were posted so I am starting to get anxious...
Hi 13,

You? Nervous?
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #84

Nov 2010

Quote:
Sorry, Canada Post is notoriously slow with overseas shipping, even when dealing with small parcels. I looked into upgrading these shipments to even just 10-day shipping, but it would've cost an arm and a leg, so unfortunately I had to go the snail mail route (which may actually be delivered by snails, based on delivery times). Sorry about that, but rest assured that your blu-ray isn't lost. It's just being shipped from Canada.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 06:02 AM   #85
Expert Member

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA

I order my prescription drugs from Canada. It takes a minimum of 2 weeks for a 1st class letter (with my scrip and check) to go there via USA/Canada post and then another minimum 2 weeks for a priority mail package to come back to me in the US. Been that way for me for several years!
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #86

Jan 2019

Quote:
Got mine in NZ at the end of last week

John
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #87
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ttD View Post
Thanks Rob. Sounds like my kind of movie. Not for everyone but might work for me.
Sounds intriguing. May check it out.when it gets released.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (09-04-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #88
Expert Member

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA

BTW,13thman, re: post #85 ----- I live in Seattle, WA USA and my druggist is in Vancouver BC Canada, about 130 miles apart!
Old 09-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #89

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Warren Scollan View Post
BTW,13thman, re: post #85 ----- I live in Seattle, WA USA and my druggist is in Vancouver BC Canada, about 130 miles apart!
I think the longest I've waited for a delivery is just over four weeks from Brazil. If I had some of those lovely Canadian drugs then I'd probably be less anxious...
Thanks given by:
T. Warren Scollan (09-06-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #90

Aug 2018

Canada Post finally delivered. Its heartening to see that the format can still innovate and excite filmmakers, it’s certainly a welcome change of pace. As mentioned the highlight is the wave sequence, I liked how the horizon was flipped to the bottom of the screen. A nice inversion of the standard depth shot of a road stretching away to infinity. I did get a sense of something crashing over my head.

The Tv screens worked well when there were three or more layered. Not sure there was significance to watching a TV on a TV but I’d have liked to have seen more done with it like nesting the screens or have them push further out. There was an opportunity lost there for a Ring style horror element. The extreme close ups later on didn’t work in 3d and were difficult to watch. The flashlight strobing out the screen was quite a nice effect.

I’d have preferred a widescreen format and although the 3d was moderately strong for experimental stuff like this I never understand not throwing caution to the wind and going all out for visual effect. Viewer comfort obviously wasn’t a factor in filming so you could really have gone extreme.

I’m glad to have helped see this released and hope Grasshopper stick with the format for future work. I would never have watched this flat.
Thanks given by:
Astrostic (10-01-2019), robtadrian (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #91

Feb 2015
London, England

Glad yours arrived, I've still got up to six weeks to wait for mine...
Old 10-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #92

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL

Is there anywhere I can order this release now? I missed the funding campaign unfortunately ;_;
Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #93

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeviantGuy View Post
Is there anywhere I can order this release now? I missed the funding campaign unfortunately ;_;
No.

There will be an official release of the remaining stock, but I hope this doesn't happen before all the pre-orders have been delivered, because mine is still AWOL right now. To be honest, I find the waiting intolerable and wish I had waited for the regular release, it's all very well pre-ordering but the delivery time being A QUARTER OF A YEAR is highly aggravating. I hate Canada Post.
Thanks given by:
T. Warren Scollan (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #94
Expert Member

Nov 2017

Quote:
No.

There will be an official release of the remaining stock, but I hope this doesn't happen before all the pre-orders have been delivered, because mine is still AWOL right now. To be honest, I find the waiting intolerable and wish I had waited for the regular release, it's all very well pre-ordering but the delivery time being A QUARTER OF A YEAR is highly aggravating. I hate Canada Post.
It's strange it's taking so long. I ship stuff to the UK using regular airmail and it takes 2-3 weeks from Canada, I've shipped stuff there as recently as a few weeks ago. Maybe they sent it ground? Even regular letter post should take 2-3 weeks. Hopefully you get it soon.

Last edited by pixote; 10-01-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 11:59 AM   #95

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post
It's strange it's taking so long. I ship stuff to the UK using regular airmail and it takes 2-3 weeks from Canada, I've shipped stuff there as recently as a few weeks ago. Maybe they sent it ground? Even regular letter post should take 2-3 weeks. Hopefully you get it soon.
I also post to Canada every so often and never have any issues with delays. I gather though that this is a ground shipment so the max wait time is longer than I have ever had to put up with before.

Providing I get a copy in the end I will be happy, but the postage situation has soured the whole experience - up to this point everything I have had to wait this long for has simply failed to ever arrive, but I have to wait another month and a half before I can verify that that's what's happened in this case.

One of my problems is that I just don't have any patience.

Update: this arrived after TWO MONTHS

Last edited by the13thman; 10-18-2019 at 12:06 PM. Reason: updated
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies