Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.20

IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.59

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.55

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.18

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 01-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #101

Jul 2017
england

Same story in gateshead metro centre, 3d relegated to a single prpoer shelf, then some copies in boxes on the floor underneath, and loads of titles dumped out the back.

Crap.

To be fair they closed their old big shop and moved to a new small one
Old 03-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #102
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default In the year 2000(with a high pitched voice....)

Taking this hypothesis that 3d blu rays are not bought or made in volume and with the idea that the only thing distributors(besides Mr. Furmanek) care about is a profit, then you have a problem with 3d blu rays continuing. I fear the profit is not there to go through the work and effort to produce these for what THEY see is a small audience. And they have their faulty numbers to back it up. And I suspect they see a trendline going down to boot.

Only time will tell. By next year this time we will know. Hope I got it wrong.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #103
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
I was pointing out the sales facts that cover the whole industry not just that Amazon based sales.

Fitprod
yeah you are telling BS. this is for US sales where 3D has been shafted. I am talking about amazon EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. Where 3D OUTSELLS 4K in the bestseller chart. That is FACT

Last edited by the13thman; 12-11-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: moved from Avengers thread where it was off-topic
Old 08-17-2019, 08:01 AM   #104
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom
United Kingdom 3D Blu-rays cheap as chips and 2D Blu-ray practically worthless in the UK?

It's very unusual of me to create a new post. So please pardon me.

Since buying a projector, I am buying some select 3D discs that have received rave reviews. Bought nearly 20 of them (all popular films) averaging at 5 GBP each, some even with the slip cover. I only wanted the 3D disc, so put the 2D disc for sale but couldn't find a single buyer even at 1.50 a disc.

I see Disney releases way overpriced in the US but if you don't mind the digital codes, you can find them for cheap on eBay. Over here in the UK, most of them are selling for less than launch price at eBay and in the forums.

Is this the fate of physical media? If yes, I am worried to invest in it as the prices are falling down rapidly unless it's a new release or it was something that had a limited print run.

Also I would like to add that I am not happy that 3D is being shunned left-right-center as there is so much untapped potential here. Are we going to see 4K follow the same fate of 3D in few years time?

Anyone sharing my sentiments here?
Old 08-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #105
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post
It's very unusual of me to create a new post. So please pardon me.

Since buying a projector, I am buying some select 3D discs that have received rave reviews. Bought nearly 20 of them (all popular films) averaging at 5 GBP each, some even with the slip cover. I only wanted the 3D disc, so put the 2D disc for sale but couldn't find a single buyer even at 1.50 a disc.

I see Disney releases way overpriced in the US but if you don't mind the digital codes, you can find them for cheap on eBay. Over here in the UK, most of them are selling for less than launch price at eBay and in the forums.

Is this the fate of physical media? If yes, I am worried to invest in it as the prices are falling down rapidly unless it's a new release or it was something that had a limited print run.

Also I would like to add that I am not happy that 3D is being shunned left-right-center as there is so much untapped potential here. Are we going to see 4K follow the same fate of 3D in few years time?

Anyone sharing my sentiments here?
This has been the case for decades. Even back in the DVD days, I was able to wait a while and pick up a film dirt cheap.
Iím confused, you have been a member for a while. Surely you know the value of discs and the fact that they have never been an Ďinvestmentí in the sense that you will make money from them. The investment comes from having films in the best quality for years and years to come, despite what happens in the future. There are labels like Arrow and Vinegar Syndrome etc., that are giving us restored films from many genres that will probably never be available in such high quality again.

By the way, digital HD is not doing that great, disc sales are falling but DVD has been around for two decades. It peaked in 2008.

The real juggernaut is subscription, and has you probably know, not all titles will be available on that format.

Carry on buying your discs. Players will be around for decades and so will the discs themselves.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #106
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England
Default 3D Blu-rray costs

Do you guys think the price of catalogue 3D discs will shoot up when studios cease to make new 3D Blu-Ray movies altogether? Iím debating if itís worth buying a whole bunch of movies now rather than risk scalpers later. I think next year will be the last year of home releases except 3D archive.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #107
Special Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Do you guys think the price of catalogue 3D discs will shoot up when studios cease to make new 3D Blu-Ray movies altogether? Iím debating if itís worth buying a whole bunch of movies now rather than risk scalpers later. I think next year will be the last year of home releases except 3D archive.
I would buy as many 3d Blu-rayís as you can afford provided you are interested in them and they are not priced prohibitively high.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #108
Expert Member

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
yeah you are telling BS. this is for US sales where 3D has been shafted. I am talking about amazon EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. Where 3D OUTSELLS 4K in the bestseller chart. That is FACT
Sorry, it's not a fact at all;

Amazon UK DVD/Blu Ray rankings

Aquaman Blu Ray ranked #322
Aquaman 3D ranked #1,743

Toy Story 4 (pre-order) BLU RAY ranked #66
Toy Story 4 (pre-order) 3D Blu Ray ranked #162

Aladin (pre-order) BLU RAY ranked #41
Aladin (pre-order) 3D Blu Ray ranked #72

Godzilla King of the Monsters BLU RAY ranked #157
Godzilla King of the Monsters 3D Blu Ray ranked #975

Avengers ENDGAME BLU RAY ranked #2
Avengers ENDGAME 3D BLU RAY ranked #12

These numbers are all as of Sept 11, 2019 : 9:06 AM

What makes this even worse is AMERICANS and CANADIANS are importing 3D editions and not standard, and we still can't beat standard Blu Ray sales
Old 09-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #109
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Hi pixote,

3D rankings for Endgame, Aladan, and Toy Story 4 not bad on their own. Those high rankings could mean money making above the extra manufacturing costs for 3D.

What we don't know about those numbers is whether or not the 3D buyers would have purchased those titles otherwise. Did the 3D create additional sales that would not have been made? Again, the question is if they add to the revenue over costs significantly enough to continue.

Last edited by Joe D.; 09-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:16 PM   #110

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post
Sorry, it's not a fact at all;
<deleted>
What makes this even worse is AMERICANS and CANADIANS are importing 3D editions and not standard, and we still can't beat standard Blu Ray sales
Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly but it seems that you may be trying to disprove someone's claim that European 3D blu-rays outsell 4K blu-rays by comparing Amazon UK sales of 3D blu-rays to... regular blu-rays.

I'm pretty sure no one is claiming that 3D blu-ray outsells blu-ray anywhere.

On a side note, of the movie rankings I looked at, the DVD was always the top seller. Ugh.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:12 AM   #111
Special Member

Mar 2010

At Wal-Mart, some 3D titles outsell 4k

Screenshot_20190907-014004.jpg
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #112

Dec 2017
Smile VR Possible savior

3D movies are dying but if VR takes off (oculus quest/go are selling well) I could see 3D movies coming back. They look amazing on VR HMD's. Way better than any 3DTV, and even at the moves (to me at least)
PSVR can play 3D bluerays right now. There are a few apps for the go & quest, Vive. Index,WMR that can plat 3D files and the free Big Screen app is going to start showing pay 3D movies. Hope the studios catch on
Old 09-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #113
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

The Oculus Quest or Go should also be supporting Video System Characteristics for MVC 3D, just like the original Sony HMZ sets, and the Royole Moon headset.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #114
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosPete View Post
3D movies are dying but if VR takes off (oculus quest/go are selling well) I could see 3D movies coming back. They look amazing on VR HMD's. Way better than any 3DTV, and even at the moves (to me at least)
PSVR can play 3D bluerays right now. There are a few apps for the go & quest, Vive. Index,WMR that can plat 3D files and the free Big Screen app is going to start showing pay 3D movies. Hope the studios catch on
I own the PSVR and itís nowhere near the quality of cinema 3D. It is however, a excellent substitute for HT 3D if your 3D display stops working.

By the way, PSVR is doing way better than any other VR headsets. By December, we should be at 5 millions sales.

Next ven PSVR should look incredible when playing back 3D BUT the PS5 needs to play along and actually include 3D disc playback.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion