Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.20

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.59

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.31
20 hrs ago
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.67

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.00

Bait (Blu-ray)
$7.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 09-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #161

Nov 2010
Trowbridge UK

Dont spend it all at once
Old 09-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #162

Mar 2012

Just finished watching Pokemon detective pikachu, although not the best movie in the world we enjoyed it nonetheless, similarly the 3D was patchy with some scenes looking great and some rather flat and misty. No real pop outs as such but the usual kind of depth were used to.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (09-30-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #163
Expert Member

Mar 2013

I ordered the 4K/3D Steelbook from France and should hopefully have it along with my Aladdin Steelbook from Zavvi sometime this week.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:50 AM   #164

Feb 2015
London, England

I watched this bizarre, silly film last night and have to agree with the majority of the comments here. The 3D is nowhere near as strong as it should have been given the material, but does offer impressive depth in many scenes, which really brings the city and its inhabitants to life.

It was a little soft at times so I imagine the 4K version will showcase all the various fur effects more impressively and I will continue to imagine it, because I'm certainly not wasting my time watching this movie again in 2D. The 3D adds a hell of a lot and some of the more ropey effects will probably come off a lot worse flat too.
Thanks given by:
panman40 (10-01-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #165
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

Apparently the softness is an intended look and the 4K is supposed to be very soft focus too. I guess the Director wants it to look like this. I do like that they shot this on film, it makes a nice change from so many digitally shot FX heavy movies. This was a fun movie and the 3D was really nice. I was dreading Reynolds just channelling Deadpool but IMO he made Pikachu distinctive enough that i never thought of Deadpool.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:19 PM   #166

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Apparently the softness is an intended look and the 4K is supposed to be very soft focus too. I guess the Director wants it to look like this. I do like that they shot this on film, it makes a nice change from so many digitally shot FX heavy movies.
It's an interesting mix, shooting on film and heavy digital FX, but I do think it helped with the Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe they were evidently going for.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #167
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
It's an interesting mix, shooting on film and heavy digital FX, but I do think it helped with the Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe they were evidently going for.
Definitely, i wish a lot more movies did it. I'm surprised the studio allowed it to be honest, especially with the inoffensive family friendly vibe the movie has going on. Intentionally opting for a somewhat gritty/ noirish look is an admirable choice that would no doubt be lost on the majority of people who view the movie. Whilst the 3D could be stronger, it certainly did the job.

That massive set piece about two thirds through that seemed like something from 2012 (the movie) felt a bit out of place considering how modest the scale was for the rest of the movie. It was a great sequence but really felt like it had been stuck in there after the fact.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #168

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
That massive set piece about two thirds through that seemed like something from 2012 (the movie) felt a bit out of place considering how modest the scale was for the rest of the movie. It was a great sequence but really felt like it had been stuck in there after the fact.
In retrospect it was somewhat out of place but massive-scale set pieces are never unwelcome in a 3D film as far as I'm concerned. More Pokémon fight and magic scenes would have been appreciated though, I mean, how many times does Pikachu get to use his electric powers in the film?

What really lets the film down for me is the ending and some of the supporting cast - the best friend and the lady reporter are so bad that they would get rejected from kids' TV.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #169
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
In retrospect it was somewhat out of place but massive-scale set pieces are never unwelcome in a 3D film as far as I'm concerned. More Pokémon fight and magic scenes would have been appreciated though, I mean, how many times does Pikachu get to use his electric powers in the film?

What really lets the film down for me is the ending and some of the supporting cast - the best friend and the lady reporter are so bad that they would get rejected from kids' TV.
Ah well i know literally nothing about the franchise and characters except from the movie. I love big set pieces, it just felt completely out of place where it was in the movie, and after it everything is fine again lol. It was like the earth was ripped in half!

I quite like the actress who played the reporter, although she certainly didn't have the best dialogue or characterisation. She was very good in Paranormal Activity 4 that i rewatched recently, but hey that's a completely different movie.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #170

Jul 2016

DVDcompare has information, that the US 3D blu-ray has Finnish subtitles, but the 2D blu-ray doesn't.

As the 3D blu-ray was not released in Finland I'm looking for a release with Finnish subtitles on both 3D and 2D discs. UK edition has Finnish subtitles only on 2D disc.

Can anybody help me? Are there Finnish subtitles on 3D & 2D discs on French, German or Italian releases (French edition also has 4K disc)?

A help would really be appreciated!
Old 10-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #171
Expert Member

Jan 2018
Switzerland
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonppa View Post
Can anybody help me? Are there Finnish subtitles on 3D & 2D discs on French, German or Italian releases (French edition also has 4K disc)?
In France, Finnish subtitles only on 4K disc, neither on 3D nor 2D disc.
In Italy, no 3D disc released, but Finnish subtitles are on the 2D blu-ray.

In Germany, I'm not sure, but information online suggests that neither the 3D nor the 2D has any languages other than English + German. Spain seems to have no Finnish. Australia's 2D does seem to have Finnish subs.

The Japanese 3D + 2D discs seem to both have Finnish subtitles. As it's Warner Bros they should be region free.
Thanks given by:
Tonppa (10-11-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 06:43 AM   #172
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2011
Dryland

I've rewatched this yesterday, even better second time around, really good 3D with solid depth and layers, good dimensionality. Whilst all movies benefit from 3D, ones like this especially do with their colourful production design and creative visual fx. This is definitely one of the better big budget movies of 2019 IMO and a must in 3D. Especially so when by all accounts the 4K UHD is fairly soft looking.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3-d, live action, pokemon, ryan reynolds, warner