Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

NOS4A2: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Annabelle Comes Home (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #81
Special Member

Dec 2008
Massachusetts

To anyone looking to purchase this. I can't stress enough that you give Safe And Sound a call. Ask for Dave or Mike. The deal they gave me is by far, and I mean by far the best deal going. They have 4 left.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #82
Special Member

Aug 2007
Christchurch, NZ

Just picked up one of these ex-demo. Won't be going to Atmos for at least the next year so figured the price made it worthwhile. It still retails for the mental $8k price tag here in NZ, I managed to get it for $2k. Figured that would last me for a good 8 months at least then I can look at the newer models for Atmos.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #83
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Just picked up one of these ex-demo. Won't be going to Atmos for at least the next year so figured the price made it worthwhile. It still retails for the mental $8k price tag here in NZ, I managed to get it for $2k. Figured that would last me for a good 8 months at least then I can look at the newer models for Atmos.
Congratulations. I've had mine for a couple of years and have no plan to change it.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #84
Special Member

Aug 2007
Christchurch, NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
Congratulations. I've had mine for a couple of years and have no plan to change it.
Cheers mate. Stoked with the price.

Wondering if there is any means of getting Atmos with it in the set up someone. Surprised Marantz never provided a software upgrade for it.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #85
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Cheers mate. Stoked with the price.

Wondering if there is any means of getting Atmos with it in the set up someone. Surprised Marantz never provided a software upgrade for it.
it probably doesn't have the hardware chips to do the decoding/calculations, also, there would have to have been a licensing fee included in the price of it for ATMOS/DTS:X

look at what emotiva is offering (soon) to folks who have the XMC-1, a chance to upgrade the hardware/software up to ATMOS/DTS:X as well as HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 should they choose to pay for it. it would involve sending the pre-amp back to them for the upgrades and you can believe included in whatever the price will be for this work is the licensing fee to Dolby & DTS.

I doubt that Marantz will offer anything like that since they offer the 8802a which offers all of that built in already.

congrats on your newest pick-up, I do understand that the unit you purchased is a fine piece of equipment in its own rights. please keep us posted once you get it and have it setup. throw in a picture or two if you don't mind; we live for the pictures.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:51 AM   #86
Special Member

Aug 2007
Christchurch, NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
it probably doesn't have the hardware chips to do the decoding/calculations, also, there would have to have been a licensing fee included in the price of it for ATMOS/DTS:X

look at what emotiva is offering (soon) to folks who have the XMC-1, a chance to upgrade the hardware/software up to ATMOS/DTS:X as well as HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 should they choose to pay for it. it would involve sending the pre-amp back to them for the upgrades and you can believe included in whatever the price will be for this work is the licensing fee to Dolby & DTS.

I doubt that Marantz will offer anything like that since they offer the 8802a which offers all of that built in already.

congrats on your newest pick-up, I do understand that the unit you purchased is a fine piece of equipment in its own rights. please keep us posted once you get it and have it setup. throw in a picture or two if you don't mind; we live for the pictures.
Will do mate. Just waiting on the room to be finished. PJ screen has been mounted, projector on it's shelf. New speakers are set up, EMotiva amp (2 and 3 channel) have arrived. Just waiting on the sub and to have it all calibrated.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #87
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

I upgraded from an AV7005 and was blown away with the improvement from the AV8801 XT32 & SubEQHT. I hope you have the same experience.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #88
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

I'm really looking forward to the time when I no longer have to deal with apartment living and can finally buy one of these Marantz receivers. I've been settling for just a pair of Sony surround sound headphones which sound pretty good but I'm really wanting to set up a proper surround setup again.

Is it bad that when looking at prospective first homes to buy, the ability to fit a proper theater in a basement/living room is one of the most important factors to me?
Old 05-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #89
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
I'm really looking forward to the time when I no longer have to deal with apartment living and can finally buy one of these Marantz receivers. I've been settling for just a pair of Sony surround sound headphones which sound pretty good but I'm really wanting to set up a proper surround setup again.

Is it bad that when looking at prospective first homes to buy, the ability to fit a proper theater in a basement/living room is one of the most important factors to me?
I live in an apartment and haven't let it stop me in the least! mind you, I never blast the thing (I hate it too loud!) but, I enjoy movies in 7.1.4 and love it. I recently upgraded and joined the Marantz family with the AV7702mkii pre-amp.

don't let or use the apartment as an excuse, GO GET SOME HT, and get some NOW!

and to answer your question, if I were to ever think about buying a house/condo the most important thing after the roof, plumbing, hvac & electrical is "Where/how the hell am I going to set up my gear! I'm single, so, no my wife won't let me this or my girlfriend don't like that business for me and I'm all about my gear, so, it and my cat get priority!

good luck buddy, keep us posted.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #90

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
[Show spoiler]I'm really looking forward to the time when I no longer have to deal with apartment living and can finally buy one of these Marantz receivers. I've been settling for just a pair of Sony surround sound headphones which sound pretty good but I'm really wanting to set up a proper surround setup again.

Heeeeck Naw, it isn't bad!!!!

When I was searching for my first home to buy that was something on the must have list. Came across plenty of homes that would have been extremely nice, except no proper way to setup a nice theater room.

If you think it's bad, here is one situation that might make you feel so bad.

We gotten a listing for a home to check out. We loved the curbside view, we loved the architecture of the home, we loved the area, I believe we loved just about everything with the house. I even loved what I thought I was going to do with the basement for a theater, but what stopped us from getting this home/not buying was the fact that it seemed like getting equipment into the basement was going to be too much of a hassle to even the idea that I wouldn't be able to get certain things around that angle going into the basement.

There was noway that a 65in TV would get down those stairs and turn at the required angle and I thought about later for an even larger TV. I have to admit that I have thought about that house a few times since... lol
Old 05-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #91

Jul 2009
Melbourne, Australia

get a projector.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems