Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.20

IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.59

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.55

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.18

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #1

Jun 2009
Paramount Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982) No 3D Blu-ray [anaglyph only]

Hey guys, I know the came out with a 3d version that came with glasses( blue/ red) but was wondering if they came out with a 3d blu ray version that I can watch with my 3d home system. If so, does anybody have a upc number they can provide me so I dont buy the wrong blu ray version. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Scottie; 02-09-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #2

Oct 2011

Out of luck. There is no frame packed 3D Blu-Ray.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #3

Jun 2009

No, what im saying is I dont want the 3d glasses that come with the blu ray . I know at one time you would get the dvd and it came with a pair of glasses. I have my own 3d tv and woukd like to use my 3d tv and not those blue/red glasses that came with the dvd. So, that why I want to know if they make a 3d blu ray
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Special Member

Dec 2008
Greenville, SC USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechandesign View Post
No, what im saying is I dont want the 3d glasses that come with the blu ray . I know at one time you would get the dvd and it came with a pair of glasses. I have my own 3d tv and woukd like to use my 3d tv and not those blue/red glasses that came with the dvd. So, that why I want to know if they make a 3d blu ray
The previous poster already answered your question...

NO.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

If you have the time on your hands and a decent computer, you can create the film in true 3d. Of course the quality will not be that of blu but it should still be enjoyable.

Version 1:

Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition) (2009)
This is a DVD release of the 2d version, and 3d anaglyph version.

Version 2:

Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan Ultimate Collection (2004)
This is a DVD box set release of part 1 through Manhattan.

Now what I've read around the internet, one version's 2d feature was taken from the left camera, the other version's 2d feature was taken from the right.

You buy both movies, you have both cameras - total cost would be around 25.00. It would take a time investment on your behalf to combine them into a side by side / top bottom format (should be pretty simple with VirtualDub and Avisynth, both freeware online).

I will say again I read this online, but I've seen enough to strike my interest and plan on trying it soon. In the end if it doesn't work, at least I now have a box set of Jason movies.

Last edited by Jsmith82; 05-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

There has not yet been a 3D Blu-Ray release of this that you can use with your 3D TV. The only Blu-Ray thats out right now is the one with the anaglyph red/blue glasses. I do think they will eventually release it to 3D Blu-Ray but it might be a couple of years down the road.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Banned

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
There has not yet been a 3D Blu-Ray release of this that you can use with your 3D TV. The only Blu-Ray thats out right now is the one with the anaglyph red/blue glasses. I do think they will eventually release it to 3D Blu-Ray but it might be a couple of years down the road.

I came into this thread to type something but I lost my train of thought once I saw your avatar.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester Stallone View Post
I came into this thread to type something but I lost my train of thought once I saw your avatar.
lol yes!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #9

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Great! That was the simple explanation i was looking for. Thank you operation swordfish!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post
If you have the time on your hands and a decent computer, you can create the film in true 3d. Of course the quality will not be that of blu but it should still be enjoyable.

Version 1:
Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition) (2009)
This is a DVD release of the 2d version, and 3d anaglyph version.

Version 2:
Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan Ultimate Collection (2004)
This is a DVD box set release of part 1 through Manhattan.

Now what I've read around the internet, one version's 2d feature was taken from the left camera, the other version's 2d feature was taken from the right.

You buy both movies, you have both cameras - total cost would be around 25.00. It would take a time investment on your behalf to combine them into a side by side / top bottom format (should be pretty simple with VirtualDub and Avisynth, both freeware online).

I will say again I read this online, but I've seen enough to strike my interest and plan on trying it soon. In the end if it doesn't work, at least I now have a box set of Jason movies.
That would be quite a feat, but an accomplishment if it can be done for a 3DTV. Sounds cool. From that clip, the 3D looks promising.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #11

Mar 2012

Zivouhr, I did some conversions (for private viewing) a few years ago with a few of my anaglyph DVDs and yes, it does take ages. You have to split the film scene by scene and re-build it. I used StereoMovie Maker which allows you to save in side by side avi and you can save each side separately. You then have to colorize the black and white side and then you can add it to the 2D version. The results are quite good but the ripped 3D side is usually a lower quality and you can get embedded ghosting when compressing the file.

Fortunately, now that we have the Bluray 3D format, there is no need to do these laborious conversions any more.

Gae
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

JUST ANNONCED: Friday The 13th The Complete Collection is coming to Blu-ray September 13th (yes.....Friday the 13th)!!!! And it looks like Friday The 13th in 3D will indeed be a 3D blu!!!!!

Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection Coming Soon
Warner Bros. to release all 12 franchise films on Blu-ray
by Max Nicholson JUNE 11, 2013

For the first time ever, Warner Bros. is assembling all 12 Friday the 13th movies on Blu-ray with Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection.

This collection includes the 12 films -- seven of which are making Blu-ray debuts -- on nine discs, as well as a bonus DVD packed with special features on the making of the famed horror franchise. The set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th, a fan-favorite volume that highlights some of the interviews, photos, storyboards and concept art. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.

The release also comes with digital versions of all 12 movies with UltraViolet.

Here's the ten-disc break down of films:

Disc 1 – Friday the 13th (1980)
Disc 2 – Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
Disc 3 – Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
Disc 4 – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) (new to Blu-ray)
Disc 5 – Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) (new to Blu-ray)
Disc 6 – Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) (new to Blu-ray)
Disc 7 – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) (new to Blu-ray)
Disc 8 – Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
Disc 9 – Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
Disc 10 – Killer Bonus DVD Disc
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection hits stores in September, Friday the 13th.

Last edited by Taygan315; 06-11-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Is Blu-ray 3D confirmed, or it could it be a re-release of the 3D anaglyph Blu-ray?

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Frida...-Blu-ray/4733/
Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Is Blu-ray 3D confirmed, or it could it be a re-release of the 3D anaglyph Blu-ray?

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Frida...-Blu-ray/4733/
Unless Paramount went back and made a new master, this will probably be the same anaglyph 3D Blu-ray. (I'll see if I can find out.)

fitprod
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Unless Paramount went back and made a new master, this will probably be the same anaglyph 3D Blu-ray. (I'll see if I can find out.)

fitprod
Okay...I apologize for jumping the gun there saying that Friday The 13th 3D looks to be a 3D Blu release without confirming first. Should have noted that.

However, for the life of me, I cant see this being an anaglyph release. Especially when your seeing conversions like Jurassic Park, Gamer, I, Robot, Titanic, and Creature From The Black Lagoon (to name a few) and some soon to be released 3D Blus like House Of Wax, The Little Mermaid, and Wizard Of Oz.

It would be stupid for them to release the 3D release in alaglyph. Just cant believe they would release it like that.

If I hear anything else that confirms or denies this, I will post it ASAP.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I keep a couple of anaglyph movies.

When I think the new 3D is lame... I watch a few minutes of the anaglyph and presto.... the new style 3D is the most amazing technological feat EVAR!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
would be stupid for them to release the 3D release in alaglyph. Just cant believe they would release it like that.
Paramount has not created new masters for Friday the 13th Pt 3... This will be the same presentation as on the individual release from 2009.

fitprod
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Paramount has not created new masters for Friday the 13th Pt 3... This will be the same presentation as on the individual release from 2009.

fitprod
Thanks for finding out.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

That's just stupid!!!! Why would they release it like that. I would rather they delay the release, give the 3D a much needed upgrade to 3D blu, and release the whole collection then. I know I am in the minority when I say that,lol.....but that would just make a better release and more sense. Warner is taking a bit of a step backwards regarding the 3D 13th.

Will wait for the final word from Warner though (not that I don't believe fitprod). I'm still going to keep the hope alive til Warner says otherwise.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
That's just stupid!!!! Why would they release it like that. I would rather they delay the release, give the 3D a much needed upgrade to 3D blu, and release the whole collection then. I know I am in the minority when I say that,lol.....but that would just make a better release and more sense. Warner is taking a bit of a step backwards regarding the 3D 13th.

Will wait for the final word from Warner though (not that I don't believe fitprod). I'm still going to keep the hope alive til Warner says otherwise.
Warner has no control of the actual masters... And Paramount is not going to invest the money in something that is being sold as a package, and honestly has limited market value... It won't even be usable for broadcast since it seems the dominoes are beginning to collapse on the broadcast side.

ESPN is pulling the plug on their channel at the end of the year, and I don't think there enough revenue generated from Direct TV's channels to warrant maintaining them.

fitprod
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3d movie, friday the 13th