Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Holiday (Blu-ray)
$29.39
13 hrs ago
A Discovery of Witches (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Female Prisoner Scorpion: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.05
13 hrs ago
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #17661
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post

Nah, just bored with the same old rinse and repeat
You were on a role as well!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #17662
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

^Both of you should stop your and go tell me what TV to buy already and why.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (09-12-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #17663

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
^Both of you should stop your and go tell me what TV to buy already and why.
I have the LG 65UH8500 and have a quick question for you. Do you have any ghosting problems with 3D on your panel? The center of the screen is fine but the extreme left and right side have terrible ghosting on every movie I play. It's not always noticeable but when it is it's very distracting. My assumption is I got a bad panel but wanted to check with you since you have the same model.

As for 4K TV's I've read great reviews of the Vizio P-Series Quantum and they have Dolby Vision. The website claims 1200 nits but the review I've read said it is closer to 1000. But still much brighter than our current LG.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #17664
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender14 View Post
I have the LG 65UH8500 and have a quick question for you. Do you have any ghosting problems with 3D on your panel? The center of the screen is fine but the extreme left and right side have terrible ghosting on every movie I play. It's not always noticeable but when it is it's very distracting. My assumption is I got a bad panel but wanted to check with you since you have the same model.

As for 4K TV's at the size and budget you're looking at, I've read great reviews of the Vizio P-Series Quantum and they have Dolby Vision. The website claims 1200 nits but the review I've read said it is closer to 1000. But still much brighter than our current LG.
I have never had any ghosting issues except for a little with subtitles. I'm sorry that your TV is being difficult.

Maybe try a different brand of glasses? I use both the official overpriced passive glasses offered by LG and another brand and I get great results with either. Changing glasses may not help, but it is an easy thing to try- just keep a pair the next time you visit the theater for a 3D showing and see if it helps or not.

Blu-ray players want you to specify your screen size in their 3D settings menu; double check that your setting is correct.

Thanks for the recommendation; I am looking at every make and model suggested.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #17665

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
I have never had any ghosting issues except for a little with subtitles. I'm sorry that your TV is being difficult.

Maybe try a different brand of glasses? I use both the official overpriced passive glasses offered by LG and another brand and I get great results with either. Changing glasses may not help, but it is an easy thing to try- just keep a pair the next time you visit the theater for a 3D showing and see if it helps or not.

Blu-ray players want you to specify your screen size in their 3D settings menu; double check that your setting is correct.

Thanks for the recommendation; I am looking at every make and model suggested.
Thanks for the info. I've tried the theater glasses and the LG glasses. The result is the same. I've also tried adjusting the 3D settings, viewing height and angle. The result is the same. I will check my 4K player, but my hunch is I just got a bad panel.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #17666
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

If people want originality, why look for it in a thread with such a narrow topic as this one when you can instead be watching a nice Hollywood sequel? Or maybe watch an insipid Netflix original that gets cancelled after just one or two seasons?

When you have 17,679 comments in a thread, you're going get repetition. Coming here is voluntary the last time that I checked, so if you are bored by the conversation here, maybe the better question is why are you even here? This website has numerous other threads that you might find to be more evergreen fresh and scintillating. All you gotta do is search for them, or, here's an , create one yourself if you think that you have so much more to offer than the rest of us poor dullards.

You could break up the perceived tedium by posting something interesting yourself. Instead of telling everyone else how boring they are, post something that you think is worthwhile. Be that great conversationalist that you want the rest of us to be; lead by example.

Sustained criticism of each other will not have a good outcome for anyone involved. It is also as unoriginal as any comment that you will find anywhere upon these forums.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-12-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (09-12-2019), The_Donster (09-13-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #17667
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Enough of this nonsense.

Back on topic.

Anyone else received a 20% discount voucher for their next UHD purchase when making a order on Amazon? Was tempted to get E.T in UHD.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #17668
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
If people want originality, why look for it in a thread with such a narrow topic as this one when you can instead be watching a nice Hollywood sequel? Or maybe watch an insipid Netflix original that gets cancelled after just one or two seasons?

When you have 17,681 comments in a thread, you're going get repetition. Coming here is voluntary the last time that I checked, so if you are bored by the conversation here, maybe the better question is why are you even here? This website has numerous other threads that you might find to be more evergreen fresh and scintillating ; all you gotta do is search for them.

Another possibility to break up the perceived tedium is to maybe post something interesting yourself? Instead of telling everyone else how boring they are, post something that you think is worthwhile. Be that great conversationalist that you want the rest of us to be; lead by example.

Sustained criticism of each other will not have a good outcome for anyone involved. It is also as unoriginal as any comment that you will find anywhere upon these forums.
Well, there isnít much more to say anyway. The people involved know how the others feel and the ignore button is there if need be.

So, have you received any discount codes having orders any Blurays from Amazon? Wondering if itís just a U.K. thing.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #17669
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Enough of this nonsense.

Back on topic.

Anyone else received a 20% discount voucher for their next UHD purchase when making a order on Amazon? Was tempted to get E.T in UHD.
Amazon.uk sent me that promo, but I usually only buy 3D blu-rays from them, so I am not likely to use it.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #17670
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Amazon.uk sent me that promo, but I usually only buy 3D blu-rays from them, so I am not likely to use it.
Did you pick up Alita: Battle Angel? That was one of the offerings.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #17671
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Did you pick up Alita: Battle Angel? That was one of the offerings.
Already have it.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #17672

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
Enough of this nonsense.

Back on topic.

Yes I did for some 3D blu-ray's I ordered through Amazon UK. There are several I'm interested in but some of them I'm not sure if the Blu-ray's will be region free. I live in the U.S. and don't have a region-free player (I know, I know, I really need one) so even though the UHD will be playable, I actually enjoy the special features and would hate to get an unplayable disc.

I did a little research and from what I've found it seems only Disney and WB are guaranteed to have region free Blu-ray's. So Ready Player One may be an option but I want that one in 3D. Would really like Groundhog Day but can't find confirmation that Sony Blu-ray's would be region free.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #17673
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Yes I did for some 3D blu-ray's I ordered through Amazon UK. There are several I'm interested in but some of them I'm not sure if the Blu-ray's will be region free. I live in the U.S. and don't have a region-free player (I know, I know, I really need one) so even though the UHD will be playable, I actually enjoy the special features and would hate to get an unplayable disc.

I did a little research and from what I've found it seems only Disney and WB are guaranteed to have region free Blu-ray's. So Ready Player One may be an option but I want that one in 3D. Would really like Groundhog Day but can't find confirmation that Sony Blu-ray's would be region free.
I was a bit underwhelmed by Ready Player One 3D. I feel it was over hyped. Kong Skull Island was way better in terms of depth. RPO had the potential to be amazing, it just didn’t push things to their limit. There was some cool moments though.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #17674
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
I was a bit underwhelmed by Ready Player One 3D. I feel it was over hyped. Kong Skull Island was way better in terms of depth. RPO had the potential to be amazing, it just didn’t push things to their limit. There was some cool moments though.

I really enjoyed Ready Player One 3D. It is one of my favs.

I have not watched Donkey Kong Skull Island yet, so I can't comment about it, except to disparage its title.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #17675

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
I really enjoyed Ready Player One 3D. It is one of my favs.

I have not watched Donkey Kong Skull Island yet, so I can't comment about it, except to disparage its title.
I've heard the 3D was great on RPO. I may look for a 4K+3D combo pack like I just found for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The best of both worlds!
Old 09-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #17676
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
I've heard the 3D was great on RPO. I may look for a 4K+3D combo pack like I just found for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The best of both worlds!
The only 4K 3D edition of Ready Player One that I am aware of is the French edition. It was a limited edition steelbook and it is quite pricey now, like 89 euros the last I looked.

I just bought both the domestic 4K edition and the 3D import separately; it worked out to about the same cost as the domestic made on demand 3D edition, anyways.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #17677
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
It really wasn’t great. Good yes, great no. I own many better examples of 3D, depth wise and pop out.

Fantastic beasts was outstanding by the way.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #17678

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
The only 4K 3D edition of Ready Player One that I am aware of is the French edition. It was a limited edition steelbook and it is quite pricey now, like 89 euros the last I looked.

I just bought both the domestic 4K edition and the 3D import separately; it worked out to about the same cost as the domestic made on demand 3D edition, anyways.
Yeah, I was just looking at that. I was able to get the FB: CoG combo for $40 so it was definitely the best option. In the case of RPO though your idea is probably best.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #17679

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
It really wasnít great. Good yes, great no. I own many better examples of 3D, depth wise and pop out.

Fantastic beasts was outstanding by the way.
Agreed! Both FB movies have outstanding 3D.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (09-12-2019), Vilya (09-12-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 02:50 AM   #17680
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Sorry about the late appearance, I had a fun filled day of adulting. Iím not sure if a mod had to step in or what? But I do appreciate Steedeel having my back in my absence though. I saw one of his posts earlier this morning, but was too busy to respond. Iíve pretty much said all that can be said about the matter and consider it closed. Now if youíll excuse me Iím going to have a big boy drink and stream a standup or watch a movie or play a game. I canít decide
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology