Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Holiday (Blu-ray)
$29.39
6 hrs ago
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

A Discovery of Witches (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

All About My Mother (Blu-ray)
$29.49
5 hrs ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Old 01-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #1

Feb 2017
Default Amplifier For Klipsch

Hello all, I am looking at purchasing an amplifier to run my Klipsch R-820f floorstanding speakers. I currently have a 5.1.4 setup being run by a Denon x4300h. I am not sure of how much power I will need to run these speakers? Itís possible I donít need an amp at all to run these speakers if my Denon can handle it. I am very knew to the idea of running a receiver and an amp in a system. If it will make an noticeable difference in sound quality then I am open to buying one. My budget would be $500. Can someone recommend if an amp is necessary and some good options.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic4877 View Post
Hello all, I am looking at purchasing an amplifier to run my Klipsch R-820f floorstanding speakers. I currently have a 5.1.4 setup being run by a Denon x4300h. I am not sure of how much power I will need to run these speakers? Itís possible I donít need an amp at all to run these speakers if my Denon can handle it. I am very knew to the idea of running a receiver and an amp in a system. If it will make an noticeable difference in sound quality then I am open to buying one. My budget would be $500. Can someone recommend if an amp is necessary and some good options.
I'd say at the 97db efficiency, you don't really need one. Simplifies things not having an additional amp, but it will give you more headroom. That may be something you want though, depending on your listening levels.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
I'd say at the 97db efficiency, you don't really need one. Simplifies things not having an additional amp, but it will give you more headroom. That may be something you want though, depending on your listening levels.

I hope this helps.
97db efficiency, your fine I was playing B&W's which are 87 db efficient with a Pioneer receiver for the longest time and even the Pioneer had enough power.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:45 PM   #4

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post

I hope this helps.
It definitely helps. Forgot to mention before my room is approx. 16í x16í. As for listening levels, I only watch movies with these and at the very most will have the volume on the receiver set to -10db, but mostly watch between -20db to -15db. One last questions, if I were to get an amp would I need to have the center channel and L/R channels all on the same amp. The reason I ask was because I was looking into two channel amps, but was not sure if those channels should all be on the same amp L. I was thinking of running the L/R off an Emotiva a-300 and the center as well as surrounds and atmos off the receiver. Also, how many watts should I have an amp feeding the towers?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems