Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$78.08

Cobra Kai (DVD)
$19.95

The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection! (DVD)
$37.40

The Office: The Complete Series (DVD)
$40.80

Outlander: Season Four (DVD)
$15.09

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (DVD)
$12.99

Outlander: Season Three (DVD)
$9.60

Chernobyl (DVD)
$24.96

Child's Play (DVD)
$14.99

Modern Family: The Complete Tenth Season (DVD)
$14.99

Iron Man (DVD)
$4.59
9 hrs ago
Seal Team: Season Two (DVD)
$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 07-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #21
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmrp View Post
Great to hear that it is the Brooke Shields film. It's a great one and I am so glad that you guys got it!

I don't know why but for some reason I thought that the ITV films were with MGM. My mistake Either way, I'm glad that you guys also have those as they really do have a great bunch of titles. It's nice to see that they will be released by a good company that knows how to handle catalog titles. Previously..Lionsgate had them and dropped the ball..same as they did with the Republic titles.

Is it too early to tell if Love and Bullets and Russian Roulette will be in widescreen?
I believe so, but I'm not working on it so I'm not totally certain.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #22

Feb 2010
IRC

Is it true the Movies 4 You: Spaghetti Westerns packs will have 4 movies on one single disc? Seriously?

What about the quality (besides insufficient compression )? Will A BULLET FOR A STRANGER finally have a good quality English audio or will this simply be another copy of the South African VHS audio 'Franco Cleef' put on his fan release?

I'm sorry to sound so negative but the Timeless Media connection doesn't really make me confident of receiving quality. I'm pretty sure they already released all of these films (couple of years ago) in their cheap 20 movies on 10DVDs boxset which simply featured copies of other available official and unofficial discs. And I doubt they even owned the rights for the films.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Since this is also the Shout! thread, would you mind listing the action quad pack as well? Thank you in advance.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Illinois

Currently a bargain at $10.99 at Amazon.

Last edited by zbinks; 07-17-2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Deal has ended.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Texas

Great price! I have the original release DVDs. I wish Scream Factory could release these on Blu.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPat View Post
Great price! I have the original release DVDs. I wish Scream Factory could release these on Blu.
I also would like them on Blu-Ray, but they apparently aren't in good condition, which surprises me because I thought all three looked great.
Slumber Party Massacre Collection is my most wanted re-release of there DVDs. I would love to have it in my collection.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #27

Jan 2013

The Slumber Party Massacre movies can not look worse on blu, so why not release them and make some money?

I'd buy two just to support you all'.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Cliff, have you guys ever thought about releasing the Gone in 60 Seconds Trilogy in a set, somewhat like you did with Walking Tall?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmrp View Post
Saw Amazon has two pre-orders listed that I am assuming are Shout.

One is for Sahara. They list it as Sahara 2013 but there was no Sahara released this year. I'm thinking it may actually be the 1983 Brooke Shields film owned by MGM.

Secondly, they list a Love & Bullets/ Russian Roulette. I'm also thinking this is Shout as both are ITV films and as we've seen, Shout has those through a deal with MGM.

Hopefully both of those are widescreen. I know at least Love and Bullets was widescreen in some European countries so we know that widescreen exists somewhere Still, I love Charles Bronson films and that has been on my want list for QUITE some time. I've never seen Russian Roulette but the poster alone makes me interested.
If it truly is the 1983 Sahara I'm more than excited as I love that movie!
Wow, Russian Roulette! It's not really that great a film but it was one of the very first movies filmed in my hometown (Vancouver, B.C.) and unlike most, it actually takes place there too. It's funny watching it and seeing how everything looked nearly 40 years ago. It was never released on DVD and the only VHS was one of those old Key Video releases. I'll definitely be picking this one up if Shout releases it.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Got my email that my pre order of the Sci Fi collection is on it's way. VERY excited to re-visit these. If the quality is on par with the Action pack, I will be extremely satisfied. Cheers to SF for these releases!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #31
Special Member

Jan 2013
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Got my email that my pre order of the Sci Fi collection is on it's way. VERY excited to re-visit these. If the quality is on par with the Action pack, I will be extremely satisfied. Cheers to SF for these releases!
Ordered it this morning from Barnes and noble. I haven't seen any of the movies in the set, but they all look right up my alley.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Illinois

Added to the Blu-Ray.com database:

4 Action-Packed Movie Marathon - March 19, 2013
[Show spoiler]
"Cyclone" / "Alienator" / "Eye Of The Tiger" / "Exterminator 2"

Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #33
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Thank you zbinks. I added it to the OP.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #34

Feb 2010
IRC

Just received info about the spaghetti western 4-packs. Non-anamorphic prints (except for one), worse than what is already available elsewhere, and the A BULLET FOR A STRANGER aka THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY is very likely just a copy of the bootleg disc by Franco Cleef, again.

Some spaghetti western fans were saying nothing good will come out if Timeless Media is involved but I thought Shout would handle things well. Yeah right.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

New Scream Factory NEWS:
A double bill of two made-for-TV horror movies will be released as a double bill this December. If you want more volumes of it, then buy it up! The movies are: "The Initiation of Sarah" and "Are You in the House Alone?".
Old 07-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Does ARE YOU IN THE HOUSE ALONE star Kathleen Bellar? The TV flick that she starred in was one of my favorites back in the day.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobla View Post
Does ARE YOU IN THE HOUSE ALONE star Kathleen Bellar? The TV flick that she starred in was one of my favorites back in the day.
Yes.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
Banned

Aug 2011
Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Movies-You-Sci...I35YH3DMOAFOAC

http://www.amazon.com/Movies-You-Sci...I1UTPESXZNG47A

Sleeve art is up for the MGM 4 movie sci fi classics
Old 07-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Thanks much for posting these. The original poster art looks really classy!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013

I know it's not about a Blu-ray, but I couldn't find anything in the DVD section regarding this... I picked up the Sci-Fi Movie Marathon set and watched ARENA last night... there seemed to be many scenes where the action and transitions felt sped up, like it was playing at the wrong speed. Checked my Blu-ray player and TV and everything was set up correctly, as always. So is there an issue with the transfer for Arena? Anyone else notice anything off or sped up? It wasn't a constant thing. It didn't look like a bad PBS stage play or anything, but it definitely looked like that upon occasion. It happened enough for me to take note, because I hate watching things at a higher frame rate. I haven't watched any of the other films in the set yet, so I can't comment on those. Just Arena.

Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies