Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Batman 80th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$39.99

Iron Man (iTunes)
$7.99

Avengers: Endgame (iTunes)
$7.99

Doctor Strange (iTunes)
$7.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99

Dexter, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99

Guardians of the Galaxy (iTunes)
$7.99

Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$19.99

Ant-Man (iTunes)
$7.99

Thor (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebluraydiscs229 View Post
So you canít store them on your own hard drive then?
Depends on what you mean by store... if you want a completely DRM free file you can play on anything anywhere then no, but you can keep the file and then when you try to play it on a different computer, you can log in to your iTunes and authorize it and it'll play but I think you can only have 5 devices authorized.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #42
Special Member

Aug 2007
Taos, NM

I use them all the time. Sometimes if I own the blu and find the digital copy that I don’t own I find them on here or Reddit for cheap.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #43

Sep 2011
Los Angeles, Ca.

Question regarding codes.. do they actually expire when they say they do?

I have honestly never done anything with my codes, but will likely begin selling them off now that I've been reading through this thread.

Just wondering how far back I can go.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
You could make money off of those.
I sure could. I could also continue to give them to friends who don't have the funds to purchase as much physical media as I do, and take enjoyment out of the fact that they can watch films and TV shows with their families they otherwise wouldn't be able to watch.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (01-13-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #45
Power Member

Jan 2016
Isle of Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H. View Post
Nope. I post the codes for whomever wants it, and the piece of paper goes in the recycling bin.
I always save the paper as part of the packaging. I'm a freak about that, though, because if there's a unique sticker on the shrinkwrap or an insert that advertises other movies, etc., I keep it all.

I never redeem the codes, though. I guess I should sell them or give them away. I've vaguely considered selling them here, but it seems like there are a lot of rules.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

Yeah. When traveling I like to download movies I like onto my iPad to watch. My girlfriend’s grandma’s house doesn’t have WiFi. So it’s nice to be able to download something to watch.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:51 PM   #47

Aug 2012
Williamstown, NJ

I always redeem my codes because I refuse to lend discs out to friends and family. I use Google family share to let a few family members have access to a good portion of my collection. Having a decent digital library also makes it easy for the kids to watch everything without getting fingerprints and scratches all over them. Digital does have its uses, even for those of us that love our discs.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
I've vaguely considered selling them here, but it seems like there are a lot of rules.
It's not so bad, honestly. You're just not "allowed" to use the friends & family payment. The tricky part is being selective in whom you trade with, because selling codes is a bit of an "honor system" transaction since you can't test them before sending them to a potential buyer, so if the buyer were to tell you the code doesn't work you're left wondering if that's actually the case or if that person did use it and simply wants their money back.

Granted, this didn't happen to me back when I sold a few of my duplicate codes but it did concern me. I simply chose to avoid trading with new members or those without any trading history.
Thanks given by:
Zarak (01-13-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I redeem mine.

There was a time when I bought online movies so now that I have gone back to only buying discs I get codes that I can't redeem because I have the movie in my digital collection already.

I have a friend and I was able to give him lots of codes but then he started complaining about the movies being not his style or not good enough to be in his collection so that was the end of that.

I do have a stack of them that I can't use... I will give them away eventually.

-Brian
Old 01-12-2021, 11:12 PM   #50

Apr 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I have a friend and I was able to give him lots of codes but then he started complaining about the movies being not his style or not good enough to be in his collection so that was the end of that.
I think the expression is "don't f*** a gift horse in the mouth." Or something like that.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:24 AM   #51
Power Member

Jan 2016
Isle of Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tortured Duckling View Post
The tricky part is being selective in whom you trade with, because selling codes is a bit of an "honor system" transaction since you can't test them before sending them to a potential buyer
I suppose this isn't an issue with movies that you buy new. I have some older movies that I might have bought used or for which the codes might have expired, and those would be the questionable ones.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:41 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
I suppose this isn't an issue with movies that you buy new. I have some older movies that I might have bought used or for which the codes might have expired, and those would be the questionable ones.
Oh, for sure. I have had issues with brand new films as well, though. Oddly, they were all Lionsgate releases. The last one I remember being invalid was Blood Father, which I bought at Best Buy well within the redemption window. I sent their CS a few emails about it but they never replied. Not much else to be done at that point.
Thanks given by:
Zarak (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:47 AM   #53

Apr 2015

No.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:50 AM   #54

Dec 2013

Sell 'em.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:52 AM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebluraydiscs229 View Post
How do you ensure payment though? What if you send the code and they donít pay? On the flip side, how would you convince someone to pay before you send it?
I stipulate that payment must be confirmed before I send out the code. If someone doesn't pay up, I know they were trying to scam a free code and ignore them. I have yet to be authentically ripped-off by a member, though...its a pretty honest bunch here.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:54 AM   #56
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tortured Duckling View Post
I sure could. I could also continue to give them to friends who don't have the funds to purchase as much physical media as I do
I just give away the DVD copies in combo packs to family members or friends (plus Blu copies in UHD combo packs, if all of the extras are included on the UHD disc). Best of both worlds.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:56 AM   #57

Jan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Nope. That is an entirely different process.
Oh. I guess these codes have less value to me than I originally thought.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:58 AM   #58

Jan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Depends on what you mean by store... if you want a completely DRM free file you can play on anything anywhere then no, but you can keep the file and then when you try to play it on a different computer, you can log in to your iTunes and authorize it and it'll play but I think you can only have 5 devices authorized.
Maybe Iím being too old school, but that has zero appeal to me. I hate being forced to log in or connect to any outside source to play things that I already paid for. Iím sticking with physical discs for as long as I can.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:00 AM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I just give away the DVD copies in combo packs to family members or friends (plus Blu copies in UHD combo packs, if all of the extras are included on the UHD disc). Best of both worlds.
I do this as well, because I simply won't ever use them. I do keep the Blu-rays from the UHD sets due to the lack of a 4K UHD player at the office and because many Blu-rays still look better than their 4K UHD counterparts. For example, a few of Blue Underground's recent releases are plagued by shitty color grading whereas the 4K remastered Blu-ray versions of the same films don't come with those issues.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:02 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornhill View Post
Question regarding codes.. do they actually expire when they say they do?

I have honestly never done anything with my codes, but will likely begin selling them off now that I've been reading through this thread.

Just wondering how far back I can go.

Thanks!
It is hit or miss, but in my experience of selling codes here, far more DO NOT expire when they say. I've had some that said they had been expired for 4 years or more still redeem fine. Then again, a few that missed by a month or 2 would not. I would guess it's about 90% that have been fine no matter the date though. For long expired stuff I always use honor system, where I'll give it to an interested person and if it works, they pay me. Most here are good people and an honorable bunch. 99.9% sure I haven't been ripped off here.

Quote:
I always save the paper as part of the packaging. I'm a freak about that, though, because if there's a unique sticker on the shrinkwrap or an insert that advertises other movies, etc., I keep it all.

I never redeem the codes, though. I guess I should sell them or give them away. I've vaguely considered selling them here, but it seems like there are a lot of rules.
It's because they made it tricky with a Disney only thread and any everything else. Used to be easy, Disney was Disney. Then they got Star Wars, then Fox. I can't even keep up anymore and have had a couple short suspensions for forgetting that a certain movie was now Disney when it was just SW. I also have been lazy af and haven't sold any codes in a few months, so I have a stack sitting here. I'll get around to it sometime.
Thanks given by:
thornhill (01-14-2021), Zarak (01-13-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies