Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! (PS Vita)
$39.99

Aegis Of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS Vita)
$29.99

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 03-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Telltale's The Walking Dead hitting Vita this year

Season one of Telltale's The Walking Dead will be released on Vita later in 2013.

It's unclear if the game will be released episodically or all at once, or how it will make use of Vita's hardware features, but Sony revealed that the award-winning title is coming to the handheld system during an IGN interview.

Don Mesa, PlayStation's director of product planning and platform software innovation, told the site: "Having [a studio] like Telltale, a very successful indie developer, coming in to support us sends a strong message."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ita-this-year/
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Anybody know if there was a delay in The Walking Dead Vita Bundle? It's a great deal at $199 now (3G/WiFi Vita, 4GB memory card and The Walking Dead's first 5 episodes + '400 Days'). It was supposedly released on Tuesday, but NOBODY has it. Gamestop lists it "ships in 24 hrs", but Amazon still has it listed as pre-order with no release date and none of the local stores have it listed as available.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #3

Oct 2007

I have the same question sycro. was looking for one to pick up since the price drop but i cannot find them anywhere. best buy shows it being released on 8/20 but not a single store has them in stock or even show they are going to be receiving any when i asked them. its really odd
Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

lol I was wondering the same. I saw an update on Futureshop's website yesterday saying it'll release Aug 23rd, while on YouTube I saw a guy doing an unboxing and said he found his at Best Buy (uploaded on the 21st).
Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

I finally got mine at Best Buy. Saw Amazon changed to 1-4 weeks delivery and looked at Best Buy and half the stores listed available so I ordered for pickup.

My friend went by and had to ask about it because they were all in the back.

Also, the code for TWD isn't working right now
Old 08-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #6

Nov 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
I finally got mine at Best Buy. Saw Amazon changed to 1-4 weeks delivery and looked at Best Buy and half the stores listed available so I ordered for pickup.

Got mine at Best Buy too and the code isn't working either, the customer service lady at Sony said that the code won't work until this coming Tuesday because the bundle wasn't supposed to be out yet. She also said that I could check the code everyday until then because there is a chance it will be activated in advance.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post
Got mine at Best Buy too and the code isn't working either, the customer service lady at Sony said that the code won't work until this coming Tuesday because the bundle wasn't supposed to be out yet. She also said that I could check the code everyday until then because there is a chance it will be activated in advance.
What the.... the launch day was Aug 20th. They even have a launch trailer on YouTube. It's ludicrous then that the code for the game doesn't work yet.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Code started working yesterday afternoon
Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #9

Nov 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Code started working yesterday afternoon
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #10

Sep 2009

how does the vita version play? some say it has terrible slowdown other say it's ok.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrLoin View Post
how does the vita version play? some say it has terrible slowdown other say it's ok.
I've never played the non-Vita versions, but I have noticed some transitions from cut scenes and action have been slow at times. It will like freeze the screen for 5 seconds, then music starts, and then it unfreezes like 3 seconds later.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
Power Member

Nov 2008
Illinois

I loved this game on PS3. May get it for Vita eventually when it's cheaper or PS Plus free and pick other choices in game and get another easy platinum.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
I've never played the non-Vita versions, but I have noticed some transitions from cut scenes and action have been slow at times. It will like freeze the screen for 5 seconds, then music starts, and then it unfreezes like 3 seconds later.
Like the ps3 verson then
Old 12-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Finished this game last week!
Actually, I originally played this game on the X360 4GB Slim and unfortunately I had a horrible experience. There were lots of freezing and frame skips. I found out that it wasn’t meant to be played with a small hard drive.

The characters are well developed and you get attached to some of them. I really liked Lee. It was really sad seeing Lee sitting there alone, not being able to take care of Clementine and awaiting his horrible fate.

This is just my third game that I have completed on the Vita.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable