Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Batman 80th Anniversary Collection (iTunes)
$39.99

Iron Man (iTunes)
$7.99

Avengers: Endgame (iTunes)
$7.99

Doctor Strange (iTunes)
$7.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99

Dexter, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99

Guardians of the Galaxy (iTunes)
$7.99

Justice League / Batman v Superman (iTunes)
$19.99

Ant-Man (iTunes)
$7.99

Thor (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 11-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2015
South of Chicago
Default Trouble redeeming Valerian

I wasn't sure where else to ask this question.

Has anyone redeemed Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets recently? I have a code for the movie and really want to add it to my collection. It is showing valid on europaredeem.com, but when I choose vudu and click redeem, Vudu says no promotion found. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if you have found a way to redeem. Not sure who to contact, but I'll probably start with STX later this afternoon and see what they say. Thank you in advance for any replys.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #2

Nov 2019

I am having the exact same problem, googled and found your post. Did you ever get this sorted out? Also, I noticed that the sheet says that the code does not expire in 2019, so it ain't that!
Old 12-05-2019, 01:02 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by imortals View Post
I wasn't sure where else to ask this question.

Has anyone redeemed Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets recently? I have a code for the movie and really want to add it to my collection. It is showing valid on europaredeem.com, but when I choose vudu and click redeem, Vudu says no promotion found. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if you have found a way to redeem. Not sure who to contact, but I'll probably start with STX later this afternoon and see what they say. Thank you in advance for any replys.
I'm having the same problem. If you get a response or a solution I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the answer. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2012

this code is dead
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Yes, that studio went out of business.

I recently got this in UHD BD and was hoping to redeem the code even though I already bought the movie in iTunes before.

The only "hope" (and there really isn't any) is you could try to ask Vudu to honor it.... maybe then it would port to Movies Anywhere.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Special Member

Feb 2015
South of Chicago

I never did get a response from them. Been kind of busy since then so haven't had a chance to follow up either. Sounds like we are out of luck with it. It's a shame since I was really looking forward to adding it to my digital library.

Just for the hell of it, I sent a message to europacorp on Facebook to ask about it. I don't expect a response, but who knows. It never hurts to try I guess.

Last edited by imortals; 12-05-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #7

Jan 2018
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post

I recently got this in UHD BD and was hoping to redeem the code even though I already bought the movie in iTunes before.

The only "hope" (and there really isn't any) is you could try to ask Vudu to honor it.... maybe then it would port to Movies Anywhere.
It's not MA, so it won't port.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #8

Feb 2017

Are you all referring to the 4K UHD release of Valerian?

I just bought it from Best Buy the other day and both the slip and the case itself says that it includes digital HD. The back of the case and the slip say "Code may not be valid after 2019".

Are you saying this version actually cannot be redeemed for digital anywhere?

I'm just trying to understand if you're talking about the copies that are being sold recently or some older ones. I don't want to open it if I know the digital code is useless. Sorry if this is repetitive, just trying to get clarification. Thank you.

BTW my case says Lionsgate.

Did anyone try the code in iTunes?

Last edited by TreeStandMan151; 12-06-2019 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:20 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

I emailed Lionsgate at help@lionsgatevip.com with a photo of my digital code, and a photo of my 4K UHD, and they emailed me back with a link that redeemed a digital copy at VUDU. Hope this might work for others as well.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-06-2019), blakstealth (01-10-2020), jbloggs (12-06-2019), TreeStandMan151 (12-07-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebhdb View Post
I emailed Lionsgate at help@lionsgatevip.com with a photo of my digital code, and a photo of my 4K UHD, and they emailed me back with a link that redeemed a digital copy at VUDU. Hope this might work for others as well.
Too bad it's HDX only no 4K on Vudu. I don't think I'll bother trying to redeem it. I'm glad it worked for you though.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #11

Feb 2015

I contacted vudu and they asked for reciept and photo of the insert and then added the movie to my account
Old 12-07-2019, 04:46 AM   #12
Special Member

Feb 2015
South of Chicago

I'm probably going to be out of luck then. The code I have was given to me, and the code sheet is probably long gone by now.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #13

Nov 2019

Yeah. The code is broken as all get out. However, if you email Vudu or Lionsgate with pictures of the front and back of the blu ray box + a picture of the code slip, then they are getting it added to Vudu for you. But it is only HDX and only at Vudu unfortunately.

I just ran into this myself with not only the 4K version but the Steelbook version as well.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:33 PM   #14
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2011
Somewhere else now.
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

well crap, I just ran into this as well.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:58 PM   #15

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebhdb View Post
Worked like a charm!
Old 02-11-2020, 03:45 AM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2015
South of Chicago

Just a heads up for anyone that still has a code that didn't work before for Valerian. I just tried mine again directly in Vudu, and it redeemed. I had seen a post on FB about so I decided to try it again. So glad to finally have it in digital.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:30 AM   #17

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post

Sorry, but Lionsgate movies will never port to Movies Anywhere unless Lionsgate explicitly tells Movies Anywhere "Yes, I approve our movies for Movies Anywhere."

As for iTunes, since this code came from the 4K UltraHD+Blu-Ray+4KUV combo pack that was marked with Includes UltraViolet, the code you got was a 4K UltraViolet that would only redeem in 4K UltraHD if you redeemed anywhere that wasn't Vudu. iTunes does not accept UltraViolet codes from Lionsgate unless the back of the slipcover or the back of the Blu-Ray case explicitly say both "Watch On iTunes" and "Works With UltraViolet".
Old 03-02-2020, 05:32 AM   #18

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeStandMan151 View Post
Are you all referring to the 4K UHD release of Valerian?

I just bought it from Best Buy the other day and both the slip and the case itself says that it includes digital HD. The back of the case and the slip say "Code may not be valid after 2019".

Are you saying this version actually cannot be redeemed for digital anywhere?

I'm just trying to understand if you're talking about the copies that are being sold recently or some older ones. I don't want to open it if I know the digital code is useless. Sorry if this is repetitive, just trying to get clarification. Thank you.

BTW my case says Lionsgate.

Did anyone try the code in iTunes?

UltraViolet codes provided by Lionsgate do not work at all on iTunes unless you see the words "Watch On iTunes" and "Works With UltraViolet" both displayed on the slipcover or the Blu-Ray case. The 4K UltraHD+Blu-Ray+4KUV combo pack of Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets 4K does not say this, it says "Includes UltraViolet", so you can't redeem in iTunes.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:22 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

If the older Lionsgate codes that 12 characters, that it might be a dual 'UV' side and iTunes side code. If it's 16 characters, then it's a single redeem, and may or may not have iTunes. The package may mention iTunes or not, but if it does, the code will have to be redeemed going thru movieredeem com and selecting iTunes (like fox codes on newer titles). The Rambo films don't mention UV, but the codes have been updated since it's release to redeem at iTunes, when going thru movieredeem site.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #20
Special Member

Aug 2019
Texas

This is $9.99 at Walmart right now and that was a good price for me to blind buy. I have seen the trailer attached to my other blurry movies and the effects and colors looked great, I dont really care about the story. I used instawatch to get my digital copy on Vudu.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies