Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$69.99
2 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Anniversary 8-Film Collector's Edition 4K (Blu-ray)
$109.99

Middle Earth 31-Disc Ultimate Collectorís Edition 4K (Blu-ray)
$169.99

The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Smallville: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$119.99

Sex and the City: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$81.49
1 day ago
Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Spider-Man Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$15.81

The Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Blu-ray)
$22.96

The Karate Kid Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 07-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #4721
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
Yep! I can confirm that this actually did work! I’m surprised HBO Max hasn’t shown up on the U.S. LG Content Store. Is it some kind of licensing issue/partnership with Samsung?? None the less, it’s nice to finally have HBO Max on my LG C9. The only thing I worry about is that it won’t update if there is one available since it was an app from the Mexico Store.
Just a little update on this: Although you can download HBO Max by changing your location to Mexico, download it from the LG Content Mexico App, the change it back to the US, the app is buggy. In fact, while I am playing a movie, the loading/buffering circles keep popping up in the lower-center part of the screen. And I have great internet connection. I’ve looked this issue up and apparently it happens when the app doesn’t work very well with the device. Meaning I don’t think US LG TVs were meant to have it installed.

None the less, it’s nice that you can download it. Just don’t expect it to run perfectly. LG really needs to push HBO to licensing to use the app in their US store!!
Old 07-30-2021, 02:12 PM   #4722
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I have no issues here in NY. The App works perfect using wi fi via Verizon.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #4723
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
I have no issues here in NY. The App works perfect using wi fi via Verizon.
Thatís the thing, the connection is fine and dandy for me. The only problem I have the loading circles. They are constantly popping up every 10-15 seconds or so when watching a movie/tv show. It doesnít do that on my Xbox HBO Max app or iOS app. They are in the lower, center part of screen. I have looked it up and itís apparently an issue with the app that was only fixed on the approved devices. I have this funny feeling the App thatís available in the LG Mexico Region Content App is an older app and needs updating. That or it just doesnít work 100% with US devices. LG really needs to get on that!
Old 07-30-2021, 09:59 PM   #4724
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Thatís the thing, the connection is fine and dandy for me. The only problem I have the loading circles. They are constantly popping up every 10-15 seconds or so when watching a movie/tv show. It doesnít do that on my Xbox HBO Max app or iOS app. They are in the lower, center part of screen. I have looked it up and itís apparently an issue with the app that was only fixed on the approved devices. I have this funny feeling the App thatís available in the LG Mexico Region Content App is an older app and needs updating. That or it just doesnít work 100% with US devices. LG really needs to get on that!
Just got home and tried to play Justice League the Snyder Cut and HBO Max app I downloaded from the Mexico LG Content App wouldnít even trigger Dolby Vision. Airplaying it to the TV triggered it though. Clearly, the app is either really, really buggy or not meant to be used in the U.S.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:20 PM   #4725
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Another Update to the HBO Max situation: Iím talking to LG US on Twitter and they claim all US LG TVs with Web OS 4.0 or higher should be able to get HBO Max. That doesnít make sense since it doesnít show up on the LG Content App. Something just doesnít add up.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:00 AM   #4726

Dec 2010
North Palm Beach

Quote:
Another Update to the HBO Max situation: Iím talking to LG US on Twitter and they claim all US LG TVs with Web OS 4.0 or higher should be able to get HBO Max. That doesnít make sense since it doesnít show up on the LG Content App. Something just doesnít add up.
Yeah, a search on the Content doesn't show Max exists
Old 07-31-2021, 03:01 PM   #4727
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

The Max App plays fine on both my C7 and my E8. The only issue is no DV on the C7. Circles usually mean it's buffering so your internet speed may be too slow to play back via the TV's wi fi connection. I have the same issue with Plex. 4K is fine via Roku or Amazon firestick but constant rebuffering like you get via the tv's app.My speed is 948 down 936 upload to my router via verizon speed test.

Last edited by punisher; 07-31-2021 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #4728
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
The Max App plays fine on both my C7 and my E8. The only issue is no DV on the C7. Circles usually mean it's buffering so your internet speed may be too slow to play back via the TV's wi fi connection. I have the same issue with Plex. 4K is fine via Roku or Amazon firestick but constant rebuffering like you get via the tv's app.My speed is 948 down 936 upload to my router via verizon speed test.
I donít have issues with any of my other apps when playing things on my TV. Plus the ďwas playing Dolby Vision and now itís notĒ proves itís a buggy app. I have a C9 and itís updated to the latest firmware. My internet connection is very fast. I usually get at least 230 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. It also doesnít make sense to me that I can run it better on my older Xbox One (original Xbox One mind you) and my iPhone but not on my TV. To me itís buggy. And the lack of support from LG proves that.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:21 PM   #4729
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I agree we need a US release of the App for LG tv's. If it works for you as it does for me that's ok for now but there is no reason we don't have our own version. I have a Roku and a 4k Firestick so I have it all covered..still..how about a little help LG
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 03:02 PM   #4730

Mar 2010
NJ

My 65” EF9500 all of a sudden has a split screen when I turn it on, half blue half black. I unplugged it a period of time, plugged it back in and same issue. I can’t access the menu to do anything. Anyone else with this model have/had the same issue or know what the problem could be?
Old 08-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #4731

Aug 2016
Massachusetts

Anyone use Calman Home on their LG CX?

1. Was it worth it?

2. Was it easy to use?
Old 08-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #4732
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE
Default HBO MAX now available in USA

HBO MAX....NOW AVAILABLE ON MODELS 2018 AND NEWER

I just uninstalled the Mexico one and installed the official USA one

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...us-1235033527/
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (08-05-2021), SlaughterX (08-08-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 03:00 AM   #4733

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatmutato View Post
Anyone use Calman Home on their LG CX?

1. Was it worth it?

2. Was it easy to use?
I bought the software and meter back in March, and I'm actually just now using it. lol
And I mean, I'm using it right now. Actually almost finished with the SDR. I didn't do the quick 1, I went above that by 1. Once I finish, I will edit this post with a pic showing a before and after.

Can't answer #1 right now, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Very easy to use. I was possibly a little intimidated at first and maybe the reason I took so long to do.

Last edited by superpacman; 08-05-2021 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Added cal pic
Thanks given by:
thegreatmutato (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #4734
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
HBO MAX....NOW AVAILABLE ON MODELS 2018 AND NEWER

I just uninstalled the Mexico one and installed the official USA one

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...us-1235033527/
I downloaded it as well. Still having those buffering circles pop up from time to time. My C9 seems to max out at around 100 Mbps on Wifi and I don't have any way to connect an ethernet cable to the TV. I still think the app needs a fix to eliminate that. Or, they need to be like Amazon or Disney + where if the speed is lower than what it should be, then the quality should decrease without playback issues.

I'm just glad we finally got our own app for HBO Max!!
Old 08-05-2021, 12:54 PM   #4735
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Virginia

Quote:
I downloaded it as well. Still having those buffering circles pop up from time to time. My C9 seems to max out at around 100 Mbps on Wifi and I don't have any way to connect an ethernet cable to the TV. I still think the app needs a fix to eliminate that. Or, they need to be like Amazon or Disney + where if the speed is lower than what it should be, then the quality should decrease without playback issues.

I'm just glad we finally got our own app for HBO Max!!
You and punisher both mentioned Amazon in your discussion. I know you also mentioned playing the app on your Xbox One. No one wants to turn on their Xbox/PS just to watch an app (unless it's already on). But why not just watch it through Amazon(Fire stick/or Roku)? As much as I like WebOS I don't even bother with most of the apps on my LG (nor my Xbox). It's just not that easy to get around/switch apps and such. I find it easier to just use my Fire stick and watch HBOMax through it (DV works fine and no buffering). I have no issues. Maybe until LG fixes their app, you could try an alternative method that is not as frustrating.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #4736
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgon View Post
You and punisher both mentioned Amazon in your discussion. I know you also mentioned playing the app on your Xbox One. No one wants to turn on their Xbox/PS just to watch an app (unless it's already on). But why not just watch it through Amazon(Fire stick/or Roku)? As much as I like WebOS I don't even bother with most of the apps on my LG (nor my Xbox). It's just not that easy to get around/switch apps and such. I find it easier to just use my Fire stick and watch HBOMax through it (DV works fine and no buffering). I have no issues. Maybe until LG fixes their app, you could try an alternative method that is not as frustrating.
For me at least, every app that I have on my LG C9 works really well, including Amazon Prime Video. The only app that doesn't work well is the HBO Max App. Th reason I mentioned Amazon was that I know on my non-4K Firestick that it will sometimes lower in video quality when there is interference or a speed issue with my internet. It's also farther away from the router, so it makes sense while it drops. But it doesn't really buffer. It just lowers picture quality

The C9 though is only a room away from the router. There shouldn't be any lack of speed issues going on with that. This is why all of my apps, besides HBO Max, work really well. This leads me to believe there is some type of glitch going on. From what I can tell, this has been happening on the HBO Max app for a while now for other devices. Here's a good example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/com..._max_on_apple/
Thanks given by:
Torgon (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #4737
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

To get the best out of the LG tv's built in apps you must have a high speed internet connection. You can get away with a lot of streaming with a strong signal to your wifi connection or even a hard wired connection but if you don't have the best available speed there will be failures, circles/dots. The Amazon Firestick is more tolerant of lower speeds and is well worth the 30 bucks for the 4k one. Those that prefer streaming to physical media or even those that predict the end of physical don't understand that not everyone has high speed internet available in their homes or are unwilling to pay the high cost for the faster speed.
Old 08-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #4738
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
To get the best out of the LG tv's built in apps you must have a high speed internet connection. You can get away with a lot of streaming with a strong signal to your wifi connection or even a hard wired connection but if you don't have the best available speed there will be failures, circles/dots. The Amazon Firestick is more tolerant of lower speeds and is well worth the 30 bucks for the 4k one. Those that prefer streaming to physical media or even those that predict the end of physical don't understand that not everyone has high speed internet available in their homes or are unwilling to pay the high cost for the faster speed.
Again, I have awesome internet speeds. The Netflix App on my LG C9 says I am getting about 100 Mbps download and 12 upload. I believe 100 Mbps is the limit for what they have in my C9. Not know for sure though. My iPhone through the SpeedTest.Net app says I’m getting 240 mbps download and 12 upload. And that’s in a place farther away from my router. All you need is at least 25 Mbps to stream 4K UHD content and I have clearly exceeded that.

All of my apps work really well except HBO Max. The stream itself actually looks fantastic. The quality does not go down. None the less, the “3 Circles” for buffering appear, even though there is no buffering going on. It’s clearly a glitch and needs to be fixed!
Old 08-07-2021, 02:45 PM   #4739
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I have the same problem with PLEX when streaming 4K from my buddy's server. Even with the Firestick. Only works perfectly with my Roku device.Some of my friends setups don't have any issues.Go figure.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #4740

Aug 2021

Hello guys! I own an LG CX and a Denon X3400H avr, but I'm having a very annoing problem, which is sometimes my sound gets metalic/buzzer/electric distortion, just like in this video that I just recorded:

Sometimes it happens as soon as I turn on my Xbox Series X/PS5, sometimes it happens when I alt+tab the game that I'm playing in my computer.

My TV is connected to my Denon x3400h through hdmi 2, using an hdmi 2.1 cable, and this are my TV settings:

HDMI input audio format : bitstream
Digital sound out: pass through
earc: on

At first I thought it was a avr problem, but I used it with my B7 for 4 years and never had this problem, so I think that's a bug with my LG CX.

When this happens I have to switch my TV/avr to another HDMI input and then return to the previous HDMI input, so the sound gets normal again. If I switch only the TV input or only the AVR input the problem persist.

To temporary fix it I've created a alexa routine, which when I say "alexa, repair tv audio" it switchs my tv to HDMI 2 and my denon to cbl/sat input, and imediatly return my tv to hdmi 3/tv audio input (for example).

Does anyone know why this happen? Is there a way to fix it? I've tested other hdmi cables, but no luck.

Thank you in advance!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs