Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rocky (Blu-ray)
$25.01
16 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
Emmanuelle (Blu-ray)
$19.98
13 hrs ago
Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Logan Lucky 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$33.48

Bend of the River (Blu-ray)
$19.98
14 hrs ago
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 PM   #421
Expert Member

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpern View Post
Strapped4Cash, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I double checked the length of my membership. It is 21 days.

I tried uploading a DVD cover today. It seemed to upload the jpg from my computer okay, but it did not show the actual photo, like it does on eBay when you upload a photo as a seller for your listing. Is that normal or should I see the photo I am uploading?
They have to approve photos also. If there is no issues, you should see in the next few days
Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 AM   #422

Jan 2019

Gabby, sorry I was not clear. What I meant to ask was, is it standard to not see the photo you are uploading in the photo upload box -- at the time you are uploading it? When I uploaded the photo from my PC, it only registered the jpg, but not the photo I was submitting for approval.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #423
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Berkeley, Ca

So a newb question here. I'm trying to move my collection from DvdAF over to BR.com's, and for the dvds I own that aren't in the database I'm really getting confused on how to upload them.

I found the direct link to submit new titles in the first couple of posts in this thread, so I submitted something to the best of my ability. But what's got me all sorts of confused is that someone already submitted this UPC for the wrong dvd (I own part 1 with this UPC, someone submitted the UPC number as part 4).

So do I try and fix the incorrect submission into the correct title, or do I just submit this new one and ask to have the UPC deleted from the wrong one?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #424
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

You're welcome tjpern.

I've never tried uploading a cover to ebay, so can't say for certain, but IF I understand you correctly then that's normal.

This site only shows the file name next to "Choose File" but no image. Make sure to uncheck "Keep front image" and possibly "Crop front image" if needed and then "Submit" in the bottom right.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #425
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaOfEvil View Post
So a newb question here. I'm trying to move my collection from DvdAF over to BR.com's, and for the dvds I own that aren't in the database I'm really getting confused on how to upload them.
You've found one of the challenges of the database. The vast majority of what's here is correct, or essentially so, but there can be differences of opinion and holdovers from when the database was more limited (for example, there used to be no option for "slipbox", so some people checked "Yes" to slipcover instead. Consequently a fair number of slipboxed DVD's are checked "No" for slipbox and sometimes "Yes" for slipcover, and that's why).

Especially for DVD's then there are a small percentage that are here with no UPC/EAN. Or were entered with an incorrect number of digits (a long time ago then the site allowed that. It's since disallowed that, but anything entered with 10,11,13,14 digits from that era is still there unless someone finds it and fixes it).

People can also enter a 12-digit UPC and/or 13-digit EAN with numbers transposed (so still wrong, but with a correct number of digits). Also, there are rare times when people don't enter those numbers themselves, but instead use an Amazon ASIN and our database automatically fills in that info. However, there are even rarer times when Amazon has an incorrect UPC, or 2 UPC's, and so our database gets an incorrect UPC that way.

So I would recommend that you first scan everything, as it sounds like you've done (or are doing) and then for those titles that appear to be missing go back and manually search by title to see if it might be here anyway. Although that can be it's own challenge, as sometimes there are multiple releases (for example one from 2006 in a digipack and then 2008 in a standard DVD case). And there are times that people assume the one they find is the one they want, and make changes, so the database ends up with a sort of Frankenstein entry that has elements of 2 separate releases.

Ideally and usually none of the above happens, but there's human error and the people who approve (or reject) do their best, but they're not perfect either.

Quote:
I found the direct link to submit new titles in the first couple of posts in this thread, so I submitted something to the best of my ability. But what's got me all sorts of confused is that someone already submitted this UPC for the wrong dvd (I own part 1 with this UPC, someone submitted the UPC number as part 4).

So do I try and fix the incorrect submission into the correct title, or do I just submit this new one and ask to have the UPC deleted from the wrong one?
Would you mind linking to the DVD already in the database, part 4? It might be helpful. Generally speaking, I'd recommend searching at least a couple of other respected sites to find out what the UPC of part 4 should be, change the UPC of that (with an explanation and/or link in the "Comment/Source" field" and then wait for it to be approved. Once that's done then it'll free up the UPC to be available again to be used for the Part 1 that you own.

I know this is something of a hassle, and involves some extra waiting, but if at all possible it's best to permanently fix a situation as best as possible. In my experience the more thoroughly something's fixed then the better, both so that whatever you do doesn't get edited later by someone else who could be confused and so that it best helps anyone who owns either of these, now or in the future.
Thanks given by:
IdeaOfEvil (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #426
Expert Member

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpern View Post
Gabby, sorry I was not clear. What I meant to ask was, is it standard to not see the photo you are uploading in the photo upload box -- at the time you are uploading it? When I uploaded the photo from my PC, it only registered the jpg, but not the photo I was submitting for approval.
Ah, yes I understand you now. From my experience that is normal...weird, but normal.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:04 AM   #427
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Berkeley, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash View Post
Would you mind linking to the DVD already in the database, part 4? It might be helpful. Generally speaking, I'd recommend searching at least a couple of other respected sites to find out what the UPC of part 4 should be, change the UPC of that (with an explanation and/or link in the "Comment/Source" field" and then wait for it to be approved. Once that's done then it'll free up the UPC to be available again to be used for the Part 1 that you own.

I know this is something of a hassle, and involves some extra waiting, but if at all possible it's best to permanently fix a situation as best as possible. In my experience the more thoroughly something's fixed then the better, both so that whatever you do doesn't get edited later by someone else who could be confused and so that it best helps anyone who owns either of these, now or in the future.

Yea, this is a hassle. You can't find submission links easily, I got denied for my attempt to submit a dvd with no help from the guy who told me so (he just said "try again"), and I have to use already messed up submissions as the basis for trying to submit something new...

I'll link you to what I was talking about, but I'm done with this website's database. I'm not trying to dump on anyone here, but for a popular website such as bluray.com to have such a messed up system to submit titles is atrocious.

Dragon Knight dvd
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Dragon-Knight-DVD/45108/

UPC# and cover art are both for part 1 (simply known as Dragon Knight - no 'part 1' or subtitle of any kind are labelled). Information submitted for this title (length of time, synopsis, year of release, etc) is for Dragon Knight Wheel of Time (Dragon Knight 4) Director's Cut.

Dragon Knight Wheel of Time (Dragon Knight 4) dvd
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Dragon-K...ime-DVD/45088/

This is a mixed bag. There were two releases (three releases) for this title. The first came in two separate volumes at 60 minutes each (volume 1 and volume 2). There was also a single volume 'Director's Cut' release that came after that combined both the previous volumes into one movie, but censored out the soft core scenes and had a lower run time of 100 minutes total.

Background Info
Information for parts 2 and 3 are sketchy. A vhs only release called 'Dragon Knight: Another Knight on the Town' was released in 1995. It can be considered part 2 or 3, with no real information about there being another release between it, Dragon Knight 1, and Wheel of Time. Yet, Wheel of Time has always been labelled as 'part 4' even with there only being 2 other releases before it. Maybe a third release was a Japanese exclusive only, or something that only came with a video game (The Dragon Knight series is a video game series first).

Problems
Both of these links have the same synopsis, same run time, and same release year. I tried editing some of the info on the first Dragon Knight movie, but it's still pending. I can't change the synopsis or the year of release, and honestly this is too much work just to make simple changes like these =/ How am I even supposed ot submit the two separate OVA releases for Wheel of Time if I'm not even being allowed to submit the first movie correctly?

I have no idea where to begin with this system. I'm denied submitting the correct title under its UPC# for no reason given. I can't edit the synopsis and basic information (year, time, etc) of the original title because the master movie id has to be edited first?? What the hell is that, even? I can't find basic submission guides on 'how/what to do' in the forums, and there are honestly much easier and better organized movie databases outside of this website.

I don't mean to rant, but hopefully someone in power might see this in the future and make changes to the website to make this process easier for newbs like me...
Old 01-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #428

Oct 2012

Can someone add "Air racers 3d bluray tobthe database please??
https://www.blu-ray.com/Air-Racers-3D/126526/
Old 01-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #429
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy1111 View Post
Can someone add "Air racers 3d bluray tobthe database please??
https://www.blu-ray.com/Air-Racers-3D/126526/
Here you go:

Air Racers 3D
Thanks given by:
fatboy1111 (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #430

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyRara View Post
Here you go:

Air Racers 3D
A+, Thanks!!!!
Old 01-30-2019, 01:54 AM   #431

Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec

Slednecks 14 to 19 were released on bluray. what do I do if I have no UPC code on the back, no video ratings info, just the name and the runtime ? all were produced by Slednecks Inc (no long exist sadly) and sold through Snowmobile & ATVs Sports shop.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #432
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanon View Post
Slednecks 14 to 19 were released on bluray. what do I do if I have no UPC code on the back, no video ratings info, just the name and the runtime ? all were produced by Slednecks Inc (no long exist sadly) and sold through Snowmobile & ATVs Sports shop.
Just fill in as much info as you can. It appears Slednecks 14 & 15 already exist in the database:

https://www.blu-ray.com/Slednecks-14/697432/
https://www.blu-ray.com/Slednecks-15/697433/

You can use this form to submit Slednecks 16-19 since they don't have a Master Movie already:

https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=7&action=addproduct
Old 01-30-2019, 05:08 PM   #433
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
Alright, forget all that. Here you go:

Slednecks 14 Blu-ray
Slednecks 15 Blu-ray
Slednecks 16 Blu-ray
Slednecks 17 Blu-ray
Slednecks 18 Blu-ray
Slednecks 19 Blu-ray
Thanks given by:
Cabanon (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #434

Jan 2018
Prescription, AZ

How does one go about adding a movie to this site if it lists the DVD editions but the film itself does not have a page? For example:

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Roger-Co...ion-DVD/61370/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #435
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatehemlock View Post
How does one go about adding a movie to this site if it lists the DVD editions but the film itself does not have a page? For example:

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Roger-Co...ion-DVD/61370/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I responded to your PM. In case anyone else is interested, I will respond here as well.

Two different ways I recommend:

1. Find any Master Movie and click on the option "Add new movie" beneath the header section of Overview, Releases, Reviews, etc.
https://www.blu-ray.com/The-Thing/18935/

2. Or you can save a shortcut/bookmark to your browser leading directly to the Master Movie template:
https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=...ion=addproduct

Good luck!
Old 01-30-2019, 11:36 PM   #436

Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec

Quote:
wow huge thanks man. however, there was no Canadian version of it and the 15 & 16 bluray pack does not exist. you can remove that.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:46 PM   #437
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
wow huge thanks man. however, there was no Canadian version of it and the 15 & 16 bluray pack does not exist. you can remove that.
I included the Canadian versions as the discs are region free and can be ordered on Amazon.ca. Also noticed that's what you may have been originally requesting given your location.

The 15 & 16 bundle has been confirmed for the U.S. and is fulfilled by Amazon.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:04 AM   #438

Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec

Quote:
I included the Canadian versions as the discs are region free and can be ordered on Amazon.ca. Also noticed that's what you may have been originally requesting given your location.

The 15 & 16 bundle has been confirmed for the U.S. and is fulfilled by Amazon.
I would have entered the US version only as every disc had to be ordered through Slednecks USA directly.

They just sell them in pair but it's 2 seperate casing & discs, like the standalone release. Since they don't have UPC, I don't think it's worth adding to the database.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:16 AM   #439
Contributor

Sep 2013
-

Quote:
I would have entered the US version only as every disc had to be ordered through Slednecks USA directly.

They just sell them in pair but it's 2 seperate casing & discs, like the standalone release. Since they don't have UPC, I don't think it's worth adding to the database.
The bundle does have a unique UPC (757402574669). I was just letting you know what the database thinks.
Thanks given by:
Cabanon (02-03-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #440

Feb 2019
Ohio

Hi!

I can't add anything yet, so can someone add these 3 to the Database? Please!?

This is the Blitz Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack I got at Walmart:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blitz-Blu-ray-DVD/655560579

Here is an Amazon listing with the right picture but it says it's just Blu-Ray:
https://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Blu-ray...0163906&sr=1-3

This is The Rocky Horror Picture Show Blu-Ray I Have:
https://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Horror-.../dp/B012Z2NO0S

I can't find the Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack I got at Walmart.
It looks like this one, but has Blu-Ray + DVD at the top and it doesn't have the black section on the bottom. The picture just goes all the way down.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Butch-Cas...lu-ray/9205538
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion