Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths / JLA Earth 2 Graphic Novel (Blu-ray)
$16.52

Pioneers: First Women Filmmakers (Blu-ray)
$58.64

Easy Rider (Blu-ray)
$12.40

$16.99

The Complete Monterey Pop Festival (Blu-ray)
$32.17

Dietrich & von Sternberg in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$57.46

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$20.83

Echoes: Live from the Dark Side (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #1

Feb 2018
Default Are Blu-rays in digibooks/digipaks more likely to get scratched?

I bought two Blu-ray bundles on Amazon during the holiday season, when they were on sale: Spider-Man: Limited Edition Collection (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, regular Blu-ray, and digital code combination digibook/digipak) and Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray and digital code combination digibook/digipak) and some of the discs in both packages arrived scratched. I'm wondering if this is due to the digibook/digipak packaging.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

The only DigiBook I had with scratched disks is Grimm: The complete Collection.
I have about 100 true DigiBooks.
I've gotten scratched disks with regular cases more because they break easy and arrive mangled.
Most disks are scratched before they get put into cases. The first positions to go when everyone downsized was Quality Control.
That department kept watch over everything and eliminating that one has caused these companies more money than just keeping the employees.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Expert Member

Jun 2013
London, UK

No.
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (01-24-2019), rickah88 (01-24-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #4

Apr 2013

The idea is more likely to get scrapped than scratched...ha ha. I really miss the Disney Blu Ray books from Target. That was a great product line while it lasted. Am I the only one?
Old 01-25-2019, 10:46 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

Every time I've been forced to get a digibook, I've had to replace them once or twice because of scratched discs. Every time. Plus sometimes the disc will get lodged in so far that it even gets glue residue... which is why I don't buy stuff that's not in a disc tray unless I just have no way around it.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:59 PM   #6
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

The slip in hubs like An Affair to Remember and Patton often has little scuffs that buffed out (for me that is).
Iíve had more issues with glue in digipacks than scratches. Original release of Deadwood, Universal Monsters, Hitchcock box set, Alien Anthology. And if you had it, the Bigger of the 2 HG Lewis box sets. 3/4 of the discs were glue covered.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #7

Feb 2018

Where on the disc does damage have to occur, and how bad does the damage have to be, in order for data loss to occur? I'm trying to figure out whether it is worthwhile for me to exchange the packages that I bought for new packages. I'll try to exchange them if the scratches are severe enough to cause data loss--even if it's just a momentary blip on the screen or momentary loss of audio--but that means I have to find out whether the scratches on my discs are severe enough and/or are in the right locations to cause data loss. Any loss of data at all is enough for me to exchange the discs.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #8

Feb 2018

On second thought, I think that I should exchange the discs for new ones, on principle: when I buy new discs--as in not used--they should arrive in perfect condition.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #9
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

I love how plastic hubs always get a pass, everywhere on the planet, all the time.
I canít begin to count how many times Iíve received a standard case with broken hub. Of course this caused the disc to grind over said broken hub during transit numerous times. With said broken hub acting like a rake on the disc.
What about loose discs in sealed steelbooks? Happens quite a bit. Those are hubs too.
Then there are those detestable eco cases. Iíve wracked my brain and canít think of one eco digibook! Huh....mindblown.
The point is, you can find fault in anything on the planet. You just need to look for it.
Of the few hundred digibooks or non-plastic hub holder releases I have in my collection, not a single disc revealed any damage under close inspection.
I must be the luckiest person around. Next stop: lottery ticket purchase(so I can buy more digibooks/digipaks with the winnings).
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (02-01-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Tags
digibooks, digipack, scratch