Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.82

Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.42

Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

It Came from Outer Space 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Thunder and the House of Magic 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monsters, Inc. 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.49
19 hrs ago
The Best of The Little Rascals in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #121

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Hello Everyone:

After many months of reviewing 3D viewing participation through ticket sales at movies and IMAX's initial decision to largely drop 3D and now come back to it I believe these truth's to be self-evident:

1. There are enough viewers of 3D, hardcore 20% of viewers and another 20% who like 3D enough to pay a premium, to keep 3D going as it profits the movie makers. Yes!

2. The cost to make a 3D blu-ray is not so expensive that that will not make a profit off a 3D release of the 3D cinema releases, looking at current sales and the hardcore viewers of 3D. So Yes again!

Bottom line I believe 3D cinema AND 3D blu-ray is here to stay at some level. We may lose some of the box-office stragglers to certain movie makers whose business models are not cognizant of the easy money to be made on 3D blu-rays, however.

But I for one will rest easy knowing that we will see Avengers End Game and many others on 3d blu-ray. We may be doing it on projectors though one day!

And that will be just fine by me.

Merry Christmas to all here that love 3D so much!! You guys and girls are the best!!!

Sincerely,
Bill Batchelor

Last edited by wildbill722; 12-23-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (01-20-2019), Joe D. (12-23-2018), Kenbar (12-23-2018), Paul H (12-23-2018), revgen (12-25-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #122
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Hello Everyone:

After many months of reviewing 3D viewing participation through ticket sales at movies and IMAX's initial decision to largely drop 3D and now come back to it I believe these truth's to be self-evident:

1. There are enough viewers of 3D, hardcore 20% of viewers and another 20% who like 3D enough to pay a premium, to keep 3D going as it profits the movie makers. Yes!

2. The cost to make a 3D blu-ray is not so expensive that that will not make a profit off a 3D release of the 3D cinema releases, looking at current sales and the hardcore viewers of 3D. So Yes again!

Bottom line I believe 3D cinema AND 3D blu-ray is here to stay at some level. We may lose some of the box-office stragglers to certain movie makers whose business models are not cognizant of the easy money to be made on 3D blu-rays, however.

But I for one will rest easy knowing that we will see Avengers End Game and many others on 3d blu-ray. We may be doing it on projectors though one day!

Merry Christmas to all here that love 3D so much!! You guys and girls are the best!!!

Sincerely,
Bill Batchelor
Hi Wild.

That's spreading Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza and New Year's cheers for all of us.

I will now also think of you as Bob Hope. Not just because you gave us hope for the future of 3D but because you're also a "bachelor in paradise" even if the spelling is different.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (01-20-2019)
Old 12-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #123

Mar 2008

Quote:
Or VR!
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 04:59 AM   #124

Nov 2015

Quote:
Hello Everyone:

Sincerely,
Bill Batchelor
Market is definitely getting smaller, though. Aquaman was a big hit, but the 3D Blu-ray is apparently an Amazon Exclusive.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 05:34 AM   #125
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsknudsen View Post
Market is definitely getting smaller, though. Aquaman was a big hit, but the 3D Blu-ray is apparently an Amazon Exclusive.
Too soon to say. But the WB shop also will have it.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #126
Special Member

Jul 2009

Starting with Kong Skull Island, Warner has been giving their 3D titles a limited distribution scheme- hence why they don't come with slipcovers. I've resigned myself to pre-ordering them online just so I can get them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion