Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Alfred Hitchcock: 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.43
12 hrs ago
Freaky (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Greenland (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Let Him Go (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Vanguard (Blu-ray)
$14.96
20 hrs ago
Crossfire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Justice Society: World War II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Dam Busters (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Justice Society: World War II (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-20-2021, 06:35 AM   #1

Apr 2020
Default software that detects errors?

I'm considering purchasing an external blu ray drive. My pc only has a dvd drive. I was wondering if there is a software that will detect errors on the blu ray discs? For example if a disc is scratched, is there a program that be used to detect if the disc will have errors instead of having to watch everything on the disc to find out.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2010
Missouri, USA

VSO Inspector or DVDInfoPro do a good job checking possible surface & CRC read errors on CD/DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs... depending on what disc formats your PC drive is capable of reading.

VSO Inspector is freeware, and perfectly accurate with its results. DVDInfoPro is paid software, but has a detailed sector graph scan where you can visually tell exactly where the errors occur on a disc and/or on which layers.

Either program will let you know if a disc has any read errors on the drive you're checking the discs on... but that doesn't necessarily mean a different drive won't encounter problems reading the same disc.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:08 PM   #3

Apr 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
VSO Inspector or DVDInfoPro do a good job checking possible surface & CRC read errors on CD/DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs... depending on what disc formats your PC drive is capable of reading.

VSO Inspector is freeware, and perfectly accurate with its results. DVDInfoPro is paid software, but has a detailed sector graph scan where you can visually tell exactly where the errors occur on a disc and/or on which layers.

Either program will let you know if a disc has any read errors on the drive you're checking the discs on... but that doesn't necessarily mean a different drive won't encounter problems reading the same disc.
hmm i see. thank you.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:37 PM   #4

Nov 2009

I don't believe so, even so more with scuffs, scratches, or smudges on discs. For a program suite to detect those type of things, it must be command-proof, sector-guided, and programmable within prior operating systems like Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows XP.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software