Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
14 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
11 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rad (Blu-ray)
$19.99

NFL Super Bowl LV Champions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old Today, 01:13 AM   #203461
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2017
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by softunderbelly View Post
Hi RC. If you don't mind me asking, is that something you can do with a phone call to Customer Service and then arrange a pickup in person at their depot or does that have to be arranged via paperwork beforehand?

Thanks.
You may have to Google it in case Iím leaving out some steps because Iíve only done it once myself during last yearís TT sale, but after I got an automated voicemail from FedEx saying there would be these fees, I called them to say Iíd be self clearing. They gave me the waybill number which I took to Customs who told me how much GST I owed. I paid that and got a receipt. Then when FedEx called to say it was ready for pickup at their local distribution centre, I showed them the receipt and they gave me the package. So thereís a bit of legwork involved but I live close to the airport so it was not really out of my way.
Thanks given by:
softunderbelly (Today)
Old Today, 01:17 AM   #203462
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxoplasmic View Post
Crazy. My package arrived today from DHL into Canada. I too, got dinged 33 bucks in fees. The only saving grace with that was, I went in on the order with 2 other pals so we divided up the cost. But damn, it was only in transit for a day from the States.
Can you get a breakdown of the C$33? Is it all brokerage fees, or does it also include GST? (Probably none of it is actual "duty", i.e. tariffs.)
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #203463

Mar 2012
Muddy York

^^
Thanks RC.

I'll give it a try on the next Criterion Flash Sale.
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #203464
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

Visconti’s The Damned is being added to the Criterion Channel. Hope it starts with the Criterion logo and I hope it gets a Blu!

Last edited by Gacivory; Today at 05:05 AM.
Thanks given by:
SpiderBaby (Today)
Old Today, 03:46 AM   #203465
Power Member

Jul 2013
Baltimore, Maryland

CRITERION SUB-LABEL ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:

In addition to owning over 1000 Criterion spines (the majority on both DVD and blu), as of today we now also carry 45 of the 46 Eclipse box sets at Beyond Video.

The one set eluding us is the out of print Eclipse Series 6: Carlos Saura's Flamenco Trilogy.

Not pictured: the sets devoted to work by directors highlighted on our Great Directors Wall. Akerman, Bergman, Fassbinder, Fuller, Kaurismaki, Kurosawa, Lubitsch. Makavejev, Malle, Mizoguchi, Oshima, Ozu, Satyajit Ray, Rossellini, Varda are directors with Eclipse sets who are among the 350~ directors on our directors' wall. Those box sets are kept in those directors' sections with all other films directed by them, rather than the Criterion section.

eclipse1.jpg

eclipse 2.jpg

eclipse 3.jpg
Thanks given by:
B-Rose22 (Today), dylrichard02 (Today), mja345 (Today), mmarczi (Today), Sifox211 (Today)
Old Today, 04:23 AM   #203466
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2018
Flint, MI

Went on a little vacation this week, but managed to pull myself away from the white sands and my gooey adult blender drink to grab these. I couldn't get to the room fast enough, however, and missed out on getting Imamaru's "Vengeance is Mine" before it sold out

The vacation was much needed, but catching up on all the posts here since last Friday took the better part of 20 mins. Lots of great buys folks! I would have given many of ya'll the thumbs up but I already ran out of my 24 hour allotment! What a dumb rule.
Thanks given by:
Dailyan (Today), dylrichard02 (Today), mmarczi (Today), StarDestroyer52 (Today)
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #203467

Jan 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
Viscontiís The Damned is being added to the Criterion Channel. Hope it starts with the Criterion logo and I can get it on Blu!
The Criterion Channel has streamed a number of titles without the Criterion logo that they have subsequently released. The two Dorothy Arzner titles immediately come to mind, as well as the films they were showing to early subscribers before the channel officially launched (from memory, including Mikey and Nicky, To Sleep With Anger, Detour, and The Fabulous Baron Munchausen). Also Where Is the Friend's House? might not have featured the logo either, though I'm working from memory. All About My Mother is another definite example. I don't think even the edition of Come and See that they broadcast was their own prior to its subsequent release.

I guess what I'm saying in an excessively long way is no logo doesn't mean they won't be releasing it, but obviously having the logo is a much stronger predictor.
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #203468
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
The Criterion Channel has streamed a number of titles without the Criterion logo that they have subsequently released. The two Dorothy Arzner titles immediately come to mind, as well as the films they were showing to early subscribers before the channel officially launched (from memory, including Mikey and Nicky, To Sleep With Anger, Detour, and The Fabulous Baron Munchausen). Also Where Is the Friend's House? might not have featured the logo either, though I'm working from memory. All About My Mother is another definite example. I don't think even the edition of Come and See that they broadcast was their own prior to its subsequent release.

I guess what I'm saying in an excessively long way is no logo doesn't mean they won't be releasing it, but obviously having the logo is a much stronger predictor.
Yeah I never said anything definitive. I just want the movie to get a Blu release. I know the Criterion Channel isnít indicative either way. I know people are still convinced movies are coming to Criterion because it had a C on the corner way back in Filmstruck days.
Thanks given by:
mmarczi (Today)
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #203469

Jan 2020

I only mention it because whenever the topic comes up people bring up whether or not there was a logo, and shoot down the possibility if it doesn't, but there are numerous examples of films they've streamed without the logo that they've later released. Arsenic and Old Lace has been a title of particular discussion. It's up right now and doesn't have a Criterion logo, but it's been widely speculated that Criterion has it, so we'll see if they ever release it.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (Today)
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #203470

Mar 2007
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragnitoM View Post
This Is something a programming student in a high school class could do though. You donít need to be Walmart or target to have a competent system. And it should actually be easier because they are a small boutique label. ...
As a programmer with decades of experience, I'd like to hear why you believe this. It's one step away from, "It's so easy that even a child can do it."

Ordering systems that must handle 7000 orders per hour and "a small boutique label" are an oxymoron. Even with Amazon EC2 Elastic Computing, available web frameworks, and multi-threaded multi-core transaction processing systems, it's not a slam dunk.
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #203471
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
I only mention it because whenever the topic comes up people bring up whether or not there was a logo, and shoot down the possibility if it doesn't, but there are numerous examples of films they've streamed without the logo that they've later released. Arsenic and Old Lace has been a title of particular discussion. It's up right now and doesn't have a Criterion logo, but it's been widely speculated that Criterion has it, so we'll see if they ever release it.
They have both Arsenic AND Bringing Up Baby on the channel. Need discs for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetet View Post
CRITERION SUB-LABEL ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:

In addition to owning over 1000 Criterion spines (the majority on both DVD and blu), as of today we now also carry 45 of the 46 Eclipse box sets at Beyond Video.

The one set eluding us is the out of print Eclipse Series 6: Carlos Saura's Flamenco Trilogy.
One of the 10 or so that I have.
Thanks given by:
mmarczi (Today)
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #203472

Feb 2019

Both of my orders will arrive later today. Can't wait!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors