Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
16 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 01-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #381
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
12tf here doesn't mean double the 1X 6tf, its 4-5x the power of the 1X 6tf

This is why measuring the power of next gen consoles in teraflops is a bad idea, it's very misleading to show 1X 6tf next to next gen 12tf because next gen 12tf performs infinitely better than last gen so next gen 12tf is equivalent to say 24tf last gen.
Whilst i agree a Teraflop isn't the same barometer of measuring performance Mavrick, i have to say that line about 12Tf under new RDNA being equivalent to 24Tf under GCN is really stretching things.

It's funny though how hardware wise things aren't so linear anymore in terms of measurements. I'm very curious though where the real XSX GPU performance is because if that 12Tf rumour for the GPU is true and its RDNA, Oh boy! MS will be shouting about it from the rooftops come E3 2020 when all production specs are locked in.

That said, i do love a bit of potential corporate espionage alongside Cat & Mouse between both camps. I wonder if MS have maybe just had AMD mock up something that is really nothing more than a red herring.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #382
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

There is more to it than just teraflops. No longer will the cpu be a bottleneck and with a custom ssd and faster ram the new series X is going to be light years ahead of the XB1X.

The Series X is going to be a monster, as I'm sure so will the PS5. Both new gen consoles are going to be significantly more powerful than the current systems by a large margin in more ways than just gpu.

3 years from now when both the Xb1X and PS4P have been phased out and devs are developing for next gen consoles exclusively we're going to see some ridiculously amazing games.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:26 AM   #383
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RONIN- View Post
There is more to it than just teraflops. No longer will the cpu be a bottleneck and with a custom ssd and faster ram the new series X is going to be light years ahead of the XB1X.

The Series X is going to be a monster, as I'm sure so will the PS5. Both new gen consoles are going to be significantly more powerful than the current systems by a large margin in more ways than just gpu.

3 years from now when both the Xb1X and PS4P have been phased out and devs are developing for next gen consoles exclusively we're going to see some ridiculously amazing games.
Indeed.

I think people cant imagine what a next generation leap is in their heads because of what we have now.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #384
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Indeed.

I think people cant imagine what a next generation leap is in their heads because of what we have now.
I agree.

Both the XB1 and PS4 were marginal steps forward from previous gen systems and just from the cpu side were basically under powered right out of the gate so I can understand how some people can't wrap their heads around such a leap. Especially for younger gamers who haven't lived through many generations or experienced a true generational leap forward.

These next gen consoles will be true leaps forward in tech and are going to blow people away. They'll truly feel like next gen and I'm excited to see what Developers will create using all the available resources.

It's going to take a year or two after launch for us to really see the power being utilized but that's normal with most new gens anyway and not in anyway a negative for next gen.

Again, once the XB1X and PS4P are phazed out, and yes they both will be, then we're truly going to see some amazing games that we've never seen on a console before. It is an exciting time and this is exactly what I wanted out of the current gen but sadly never got.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-23-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #385
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Yeah the SSD.

Once development of games is the focus on SSD, thatll be the game changer so like ya said a few years. Im sure Launch games will be ok until then.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:02 PM   #386
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Here is the quotation from Phil Spencer about the power of the X2. Please bear in mind that the GPU inside the 1X right now is four years old, so the idea of simply doubling that power ain't a stretch:

We wanted to have a dramatic upgrade from the Xbox One base console. So when we do the math, were over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is.

Xbox 2 is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One Xs 6TF, and the Xbox One Ss 1.4TF.

The X2 is going to be a monster. I'm confident that microsoft have nailed it.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #387
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
Here is the quotation from Phil Spencer about the power of the X2. Please bear in mind that the GPU inside the 1X right now is four years old, so the idea of simply doubling that power ain't a stretch:

We wanted to have a dramatic upgrade from the Xbox One base console. So when we do the math, were over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is.

Xbox 2 is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One Xs 6TF, and the Xbox One Ss 1.4TF.

The X2 is going to be a monster. I'm confident that microsoft have nailed it.
TF numbers arent the go-to number anymore when measuring performance. GCN to RDNA, HDD to SSD-RAM, etc.

So twice the power can be interpreted a number of ways.

I expect SX to be a beast just like PS5. Even if one unit is slightly more efficient.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #388
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
TF numbers arent the go-to number anymore when measuring performance. GCN to RDNA, HDD to SSD-RAM, etc.

So twice the power can be interpreted a number of ways.

I expect SX to be a beast just like PS5. Even if one unit is slightly more efficient.
It will literally be like trying to compare the performance of the latest iPhone VS the latest Samsung Galaxy. The differences will be negligible.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:48 AM   #389
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
It will literally be like trying to compare the performance of the latest iPhone VS the latest Samsung Galaxy. The differences will be negligible.
The only thing that raises my eyebrow is some devs have claimed PS5s speed is faster.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X