Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
19 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
16 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Blu-ray)
$19.96
2 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.21
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #15161
Hitman Horton Hitman Horton is offline
Power Member
 
Hitman Horton's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
Iím so upset that I caught the flu even though I got the flu shot in the Fall. Because of this, Iíve called out sick for four consecutive days and I just started this job a few months ago. Thanks to this stupid virus, I now look bad that Iím a new employee thatís calling out so many days and I may lose this job.
Unfortunately, the flu shot can only protect you against a few of what they predict will be the most common flu viruses this season. You got a different virus.

I agree that you should see a doctor and get a note for your boss.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #15162
Mike16 Mike16 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mike16's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.
108
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Unfortunately, the flu shot can only protect you against a few of what they predict will be the most common flu viruses this season. You got a different virus.

I agree that you should see a doctor and get a note for your boss.
Some employers don't accept doctors notes. However wouldn't hurt to apply for a LOA under the FLMA just to save your job if you value it
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:46 PM   #15163
MrHT MrHT is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Feb 2010
166
1
Default

It's very hard to see a doctor here in NYC in this short of a notice. Most doctor's require you to make appointments and you need to book well in advance because their appointment slots fill up quickly.

My only option in this short of a notice is to visit one of the walk-in clinics and those places are usually PACKED with a good 4+ hour wait time. Last time I went there when I had the flu a few years ago, I waited pretty much that long and when I had her give me a doctor's note, she wrote me a note for three days of work absence. Then she said, if I end up being out of work longer than that, then I can come back and she'll be happy to write a new note with an extended number of days. So, then I asked her if I am allowed to skip the line if I do have to come back since I, personally, thought it's a bit much to wait 4+ hours to get a revised doctor's note. Then she got all angry at me and told me that I must wait in line like everyone else. Then she was all upset telling me how dare I complain about the wait time and ask to skip it. Not a very pleasant experience, if you ask me...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:58 PM   #15164
Scarriere Scarriere is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North Americaô
40
69
630
20
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
It's very hard to see a doctor here in NYC in this short of a notice. Most doctor's require you to make appointments and you need to book well in advance because their appointment slots fill up quickly.

My only option in this short of a notice is to visit one of the walk-in clinics and those places are usually PACKED with a good 4+ hour wait time. Last time I went there when I had the flu a few years ago, I waited pretty much that long and when I had her give me a doctor's note, she wrote me a note for three days of work absence. Then she said, if I end up being out of work longer than that, then I can come back and she'll be happy to write a new note with an extended number of days. So, then I asked her if I am allowed to skip the line if I do have to come back since I, personally, thought it's a bit much to wait 4+ hours to get a revised doctor's note. Then she got all angry at me and told me that I must wait in line like everyone else. Then she was all upset telling me how dare I complain about the wait time and ask to skip it. Not a very pleasant experience, if you ask me...
With you and Cinema84's aversion to waiting in lines, you make good bedfellows.
I have no idea how you two would think that you're above the rest of us who understand that in society, line ups are a part of life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #15165
MrHT MrHT is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Feb 2010
166
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
With you and Cinema84's aversion to waiting in lines, you make good bedfellows.
I have no idea how you two would think that you're above the rest of us who understand that in society, line ups are a part of life.
But 4+ hours is a bit excessive.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #15166
Scarriere Scarriere is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North Americaô
40
69
630
20
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
But 4+ hours is a bit excessive.....
Yes, it sure is.
I've waited that long at the hospital, but never a doctor's office. And I never would.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #15167
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Apr 2016
110
Default

Had my Hulu account on hold since I wasn't watching it. Just now paid the bill again and it keeps taking me back to the welcome page.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:39 AM   #15168
MrHT MrHT is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Feb 2010
166
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Yes, it sure is.
I've waited that long at the hospital, but never a doctor's office. And I never would.
Yeah and can you imagine waiting that long for the doctor’s appointment and then having to go back and wait that long AGAIN just to get a revised doctor’s note? I just asked the doctor to cut me a little slack on the wait time just for the second visit since it wasn’t really a checkup and she yelled at me!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #15169
Hitman Horton Hitman Horton is offline
Power Member
 
Hitman Horton's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
Yeah and can you imagine waiting that long for the doctorís appointment and then having to go back and wait that long AGAIN just to get a revised doctorís note? I just asked the doctor to cut me a little slack on the wait time just for the second visit since it wasnít really a checkup and she yelled at me!!
She yelled at you because you deserved it. You were asking for special treatment. You needed a doctor's services and you didn't want to wait for it like everybody else. It doesn't matter that the service was only a note.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
pwarner184 (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #15170
Cinema84 Cinema84 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Jun 2012
166
3439
665
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
She yelled at you because you deserved it. You were asking for special treatment. You needed a doctor's services and you didn't want to wait for it like everybody else. It doesn't matter that the service was only a note.
You're actually suggesting that waiting 4 hours at a clinic, likely on a weekday and during a sick day off from work, for a stupid note is OK? Lol. The receptionist yelled at the guy because that's what receptionists do. They get paid squat and are miserable all day, especially in a busy Doctor's office. It wasn't unreasonable to ask the receptionist if he could get a note and not have to wait an ungodly amount of time for it. After all, it wasn't his first visit. It has NOTHING to do with special treatment or thinking one is better than everyone else. This whole thing is dumb, anyway. Any employer that insists on "extended" doctor's notes is an a**hole and doesn't deserve to have good workers. They deserve to get saddled with a revolving door of hires.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #15171
Hitman Horton Hitman Horton is offline
Power Member
 
Hitman Horton's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
You're actually suggesting that waiting 4 hours at a clinic, likely on a weekday and during a sick day off from work, for a stupid note is OK? Lol. The receptionist yelled at the guy because that's what receptionists do. They get paid squat and are miserable all day, especially in a busy Doctor's office. It wasn't unreasonable to ask the receptionist if he could get a note and not have to wait an ungodly amount of time for it. After all, it wasn't his first visit. It has NOTHING to do with special treatment or thinking one is better than everyone else. This whole thing is dumb, anyway. Any employer that insists on "extended" doctor's notes is an a**hole and doesn't deserve to have good workers. They deserve to get saddled with a revolving door of hires.
You need to read the original post again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #15172
jtheys jtheys is online now
Junior Member
 
Jan 2020
51
241
29
10
471
29
Default

Maybe a little early, but my anger is that Nascar needs to up it's game. I know today's race will end with 10 or less cars that are not mangled messes. To some it's great entertainment, but I would like to see the best car win, not the one that can simply avoid the big one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #15173
Gbpxl Gbpxl is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2019
16
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheys View Post
Maybe a little early, but my anger is that Nascar needs to up it's game. I know today's race will end with 10 or less cars that are not mangled messes. To some it's great entertainment, but I would like to see the best car win, not the one that can simply avoid the big one.
have you checked out Formula-E? F1 has never been that popular here in the U.S. but I watch FE now and then. Id like to see them electrify rally racing next
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:55 AM   #15174
MrHT MrHT is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Feb 2010
166
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
She yelled at you because you deserved it. You were asking for special treatment. You needed a doctor's services and you didn't want to wait for it like everybody else. It doesn't matter that the service was only a note.
First of all, I just asked her; I didn't demand. If what I asked was so unreasonable, she should've just said, "I'm sorry but it's not fair to the other patients" and leave it at that. Not sure why she got so offended when I merely asked.

Second, it was the actual doctor that yelled at me, not the receptionist. And I never needed to get an extension after all. I was just asking her a hypothetical question during that one visit just so I knew in case I needed to go back for an extension as my flu could've went on for a longer period of time than I expected.

Finally, I still say waiting 4+ hours at a doctor's office FOR ANY REASON is absolutely ludicrous. Any doctor like that, I would refuse to see again. Most doctor's here NYC know how to book appointments appropriately in order to prevent excessive wait times like that.

Last edited by MrHT; 02-17-2020 at 02:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:28 AM   #15175
sk33tr sk33tr is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbpxl View Post
have you checked out Formula-E? F1 has never been that popular here in the U.S. but I watch FE now and then. Id like to see them electrify rally racing next
is formula-e the one where they switch cars half-way through the race?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:32 AM   #15176
Gbpxl Gbpxl is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2019
16
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
is formula-e the one where they switch cars half-way through the race?
I guess I dont recall seeing that happen. from what I understood they set the amount of laps to roughly the amount of time their batteries last (minus a few laps of course
) the one I watched they were at Monaco and it was like a 40 minute race I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #15177
Hitman Horton Hitman Horton is offline
Power Member
 
Hitman Horton's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
First of all, I just asked her; I didn't demand. If what I asked was so unreasonable, she should've just said, "I'm sorry but it's not fair to the other patients" and leave it at that. Not sure why she got so offended when I merely asked.

Second, it was the actual doctor that yelled at me, not the receptionist. And I never needed to get an extension after all. I was just asking her a hypothetical question during that one visit just so I knew in case I needed to go back for an extension as my flu could've went on for a longer period of time than I expected.

Finally, I still say waiting 4+ hours at a doctor's office FOR ANY REASON is absolutely ludicrous. Any doctor like that, I would refuse to see again. Most doctor's here NYC know how to book appointments appropriately in order to prevent excessive wait times like that.
I never said it was the receptionist. That was somebody else. Also, you can't compare a doctor's office to a walk-in clinic. They're two completely different things.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Freeza (02-17-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #15178
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
16
739
58
8
2
Default

Bought a Xbox one X recently, had a dodgy drive, so sent it back for a refund, purchased another to use whilst waiting for the refund, which was delivered yesterday......or so I thought

Amazon had decided to send me 2 bottles of bleach and a pack of huggies baby wipes instead....dicks.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM   #15179
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Apr 2016
110
Default

I hate Paypal fees. A $2 digital code sale gets you $1.60 after fees.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:04 AM   #15180
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Gold Ranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Clarksburg, WV
4
110
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
I hate Paypal fees. A $2 digital code sale gets you $1.60 after fees.
Which is why I add in the cost of the fee when I sell.
I add .75 to each and every code to cover the cost of paypal and bank fees.
Blu-ray codes are $3.75
UHD codes are $5.75
Individual TV seasons are $10.75

My gripe is that people are so damned cheap nowadays that it's hard to even sell a $3 code!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 AM.