Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
19 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
16 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Blu-ray)
$19.96
2 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.21

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 120 70.18%
500-599 38 22.22%
600-699 5 2.92%
700+ 8 4.68%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #3821
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
I will be doing exactly this.

And to take The Last of Us as an example, in retrospect, it was such a smart decision to skip the PS3 release of the first game and get the remastered version on the PS4.
Well, i mean from the PoV that if you REALLY wanted to play something, would you wait for a PS4 release which comes first and you pay full price for or wait months for a potential remaster if one comes at all for next gen and also have to pay full price. However you also risk more spoilers etc. if you visit game sites where comments spoil em etc.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #3822
Special Member

Aug 2015

The reason newer pro models are quieter is because technology advanced to where the chips can run cooler under the same load, and they're keeping the performance the same so there's just less heat overall and the fan doesn't kick up as much.

Everyday I goggle "PS5 Reveal Date" and it's always just a bunch of clickbait articles doing guesswork. (There are new ones every day.) Disappointed there's no reveal anytime soon. I was looking forward to it. I want to get pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
And to take The Last of Us as an example, in retrospect, it was such a smart decision to skip the PS3 release of the first game and get the remastered version on the PS4.
I don't see how it's "smart." I enjoyed playing it on both the PS3 and PS4.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #3823
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
The reason newer pro models are quieter is because technology advanced to where the chips can run cooler under the same load, and they're keeping the performance the same so there's just less heat overall and the fan doesn't kick up as much.

Everyday I goggle "PS5 Reveal Date" and it's always just a bunch of clickbait articles doing guesswork. (There are new ones every day.) Disappointed there's no reveal anytime soon. I was looking forward to it. I want to get pizza.

I remember seeing a good deal on the remaster so i got it but i actually never went back and played through the main game again fully. Mainly used it for the MP which i had a blast on with friends.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:41 AM   #3824
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post

Simple. By exercising a modicum of patience, he spent less money by not double dipping and he experienced it for the first time by playing the superior version. Seems pretty smart to me.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:23 AM   #3825
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Simple. By exercising a modicum of patience, he spent less money by not double dipping and he experienced it for the first time by playing the superior version. Seems pretty smart to me.
I enjoyed it on PS3.

It definitely was one of the best looking games of its time & while playing it for the first time, I really questioned whatís the point in PS4 later that same year? Wasnít really until Infamous Second Son came out that answered that question.

I have more patience now than 2013 but that said, I still donít think Iíll be able to avoid Part II on PS4 & wait until PS5. 1 major reason is because of potential spoilers. You know theyíll be on the net & YouTube. If it wasnít a narrative driven game, I probably wouldnít care & would wait for PS5.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #3826
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I remember seeing a good deal on the remaster so i got it but i actually never went back and played through the main game again fully. Mainly used it for the MP which i had a blast on with friends.
Those MP sessions were a lot of fun. TLoU definitely had an enjoyable MP.
Thanks given by:
NARMAK (02-14-2020), Talal86 (02-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #3827
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Not sure if posted: https://www.bloomberg.com/tosv2.html...Nobm9sb2d5LXZw

Quote:
Most of the components for the console have been locked down, the people said, including the cooling system, which is unusually expensive at a few dollars per unit. Typically, companies would spend less than a dollar, but Sony opted to lavish more on making sure heat dissipation from the powerful chips housed inside the console isnít an issue.

Mostly things we already know, they also mentioned a new VR model after the ps5, which is expected
Old 02-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #3828
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Not sure if posted: https://www.bloomberg.com/tosv2.html...Nobm9sb2d5LXZw

Mostly things we already know, they also mentioned a new VR model after the ps5, which is expected
Cool!

So $450 to make..

So $500 US or $5,000 CDN.

Last edited by Derb; 02-14-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #3829
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

I really like the fact that they have a quality-sounding cooling system. That has been one of my biggest worries with PS5 after the loud PS4 Pro.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (02-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #3830
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Even if it costs $499/£450 it isn't exactly unexpected but the "Mirrorless" camera mention was weird and i know we have had a PS Camera release for PS4 but if the features of that camera aren't compromised i don't think it matters what components they use.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #3831
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Estimated $450 production cost is a hell if a lot cheaper than the PS3 so that's good.

I know it says they are waiting for MS to make a move on price but I cant see Sony charging more than cost I cant even see them charging cost. But who knows.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:19 PM   #3832
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Estimated $450 production cost is a hell if a lot cheaper than the PS3 so that's good.

I know it says they are waiting for MS to make a move on price but I cant see Sony charging more than cost I cant even see them charging cost. But who knows.
The perfect situation was for PS4 with every console generating profit from the get go rather than a loss. The PS5 is hopefully gonna be priced low enough but i think Sony is willing to take a hit this gen slightly if needed.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #3833
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
The perfect situation was for PS4 with every console generating profit from the get go rather than a loss. The PS5 is hopefully gonna be priced low enough but i think Sony is willing to take a hit this gen slightly if needed.
Wasnt the PS4 $380ish at launch? So they made close to $20 off each one sold which was nice.

With the amount of money the Network is making year on year I'm sure they can more than afford to take a small loss on each sold to ensure those subscriber numbers continue.

PS+ and PSNow subs make up 25% of Network revenue alone.

As Daniel Ahmed puts it

Quote:
High margin digital software / services spend = record profits for PlayStation.

Has broken cyclical nature of console business.

Hardware R&D / loss leader pricing would = losses in year 1 of a new console.

With PS5 that HW investment is offset by network services growth. https://t.co/NhdMwFGj0n
Old 02-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #3834
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Cool!

So $450 to make..

So $500 US or $5,000 CDN.
Does that cost include the components for the Dualshock 5? That's actually cheaper than I expected. So Sony will most likely sell this at 499.99 and make a tidy profit on each unit sold. I seriously doubt they are going to take a 50.00 bath on each unit by selling at 399.99. Of course they COULD split the difference and sell it for 449.99, basically at cost.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #3835
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

We buy PlayStation for the exclusives, not for the specs.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:37 PM   #3836
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Wasnt the PS4 $380ish at launch? So they made close to $20 off each one sold which was nice.

With the amount of money the Network is making year on year I'm sure they can more than afford to take a small loss on each sold to ensure those subscriber numbers continue.

PS+ and PSNow subs make up 25% of Network revenue alone.

As Daniel Ahmed puts it
They could but overall Sony is using the cash cow divisions to prop up the overall ailing financials of the movies and so on, so i'm betting they'd rather make profit out the gate if MS also play ball. It's in both their interests with practically a duopoly position on gaming atm in the console realm.

£449 launch price is highly likely imo but £399 if they want to take a slight hit and feed adoption rates but with launch of PS5 they're practically gonna sell out even at £449 imo. I'd personally prefer a £399 price but time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
We buy PlayStation for the exclusives, not for the specs.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo cornered that market lol

Whilst PS4 Pro isn't as powerful as a One X, the base console of PS4 was more powerful than the X1. I see things being closer this time bar a very wild outer chance MS have somehow decided on a 12Tf Ryzen CPU vs say the rumoured 9.2Tf Sony are said to be looking to use.

Overall both will be solid 4K machines and Sony imo has the stronger potential of selling systems based on software with their cross gen or even BC big hitters from PS4 all likely to play at PS4 Pro level from the get go.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #3837
Special Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Nintendo cornered that market lol
Absolutely not, they don't even come close. I far prefer Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, inFamous, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, and God of War to Mario, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Super Smash Bros.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 02-14-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #3838
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Definitely not, they don't even come close. I far prefer Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Detroit, and Days Gone to Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Super Smash.
I meant in terms of not concerning themselves with the specs of the console hardware which started back in the PS3/360 era where they basically spanked everybody with profit and sales of the Wii. Since then they've never once got back into a hardware arms race with Sony or MS. Instead opting to concentrate on games as system sellers over say hardware specs.

Sony however imo has managed to do both really well on PS4. A return to form from the PS2 era i guess you could argue and whilst they hung back on the Pro like MS kinda did back on 360 with Blu Ray, Sony didn't pay the price for it like MS. Sales of the Pro have been strong and they made bank from it whilst marketing as 4K. Being underpowered next gen for both wasn't really as much of an option and Sony has largely been lucky. However that luck is gonna be tested with the hardware costs on PS5 and desire to be profitable on the hardware too imo.

Well, i am primarily grateful that this leaks implying that Sony are in fact concerned about heat issues and making sure that's addressed from the get go. Hopefully means cool and quiet consoles.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #3839
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

I had already expected to pay $500 or so for the PS5, hell I paid $600 for the PS3 so holla!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #3840
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaice View Post
I had already expected to pay $500 or so for the PS5, hell I paid $600 for the PS3 so holla!
Yeah I mean, I'm not sure why Sony would be so gun shy of releasing PS5 at 499.99. I think most gamers realize and are prepared to pay that. At least the hardcore ones, which are who buys consoles at launch anyway.
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (02-14-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5