Best PS4 Game Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Borderlands 3 (PS4)
$44.99

Jumanji: The Video Game (PS4)
$33.99

NBA 2K19 (PS4)
$4.99

NASCAR Heat 4 (PS4)
$36.90

Metal Gear Survive (PS4)
$8.00
21 hrs ago
The Outer Worlds (PS4)
$55.97
17 hrs ago
A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4)
$29.99

Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life (PS4)
$49.97

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
$14.01

Days Gone (PS4)
$29.29

Paw Patrol: On A Roll (PS4)
$25.93

Sudden Strike 4: Complete Collection (PS4)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #501
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I heard there's a lot of story to the game as expected.
Only concern is that you have to balance your character as they carry more stuff, sometimes tripping and dropping all your stuff, as a control challenge.

I wonder how large the world is compared to MGSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clarke View Post
I admit that there were a few good sections. There is a really cool base mission where you infiltrate and you end up having a boss fight with a big robot type stealthy thing. That certainly reminded me of the classic MGS games. But everything else was just weak. The game looked and felt unfinished and the side missions get very repetitive. Death Stranding so far looks like it has inherited the same problems.
That was a cool mission with the giant Mech Metal Gear bot in that inside hangar from what I remember. Only played through it once, the rest was just exploration/fun.

The final mission, attacking that base, was a big challenge. Quiet was my main back up.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:16 AM   #502
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

The Dualshock controller from the Limited Edition PS4 Pro looks so striking!
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (11-09-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #503
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I have a feeling this will be the sort of game I end up playing on PS5, not because I don't want to play it right now but I just don't have the time.
When PS4 Pro launched in 2016, the main enhanced game that came out was easily HZD & my Pro model (practically new) spun up the fan to ludicrous mode. This is an updated engine, so I hope optimization has been improved since then because if I hear that fan screaming at me the whole game, I’ll likely pull the plug & wait to play on PS5.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:57 AM   #504

Jun 2012
Germany

I'm on a bit of a gaming break but this makes me wanna take a break from the break. I loved MGSV and platinum'd it. Kinda seems to be the Blade Runner 2049 of games. It either works for you not.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:08 AM   #505
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Blackwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
When PS4 Pro launched in 2016, the main enhanced game that came out was easily HZD & my Pro model (practically new) spun up the fan to ludicrous mode. This is an updated engine, so I hope optimization has been improved since then because if I hear that fan screaming at me the whole game, I’ll likely pull the plug & wait to play on PS5.
I'm glad the newer pros don't do that, totally silent for my 200 or more hours on red dead 2
Thanks given by:
Derb (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:17 AM   #506
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Blackwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clarke View Post
While it is true that the game you more options than previous games as far as tackling enemies, this was counter acted by the fact that the world was very empty and very dull. MGSV was hyped as having a map that was 'much bigger than GTA V' yet for all of it's space it had none of it's density, which is the key thing developers miss when making open world games. What good is a large map if there is no depth to it?

The 'buddy' option was cool and useful, but again, with not much to do in the world, it makes their presence redundant.

The concept of playing the villain to create your terrorist network was first introduced in the Portable Ops game, btw.

I'd argue that an unfinished chapter IS a big deal breaker. How could you big ok with purchasing an unfinished game?! That's giving developer's a licence to do what they want. We at least deserved a finished game at the very least, don't you agree? Imagine if The Last Of Us had the Winter Section scrapped after 10-15 mins? I don't think you would be calling it a non deal breaker, my friend.

This is a matter of opinion at this point and I am sorry but he was a poor Big Boss. Absolutely awful on so many levels. He couldn't say, 'kept you waiting, huh' right! The Troy Baker said it better than him! And he was too soft spoken to sound like a commanding leader.

Hayter on the other IS Snake. When people think of Snake they think of David Hayter's gruff voice, not Sutherland's can't be bothered version.
I'm ok with the unfinished chapter because kojima clearly had behind the scene issues with konami.

I like peace walker but with it being a hand held it just doesn't compare to 5 in terms of depth or gameplay which is fine. I like both games.

If you actually expected a stealth game in the desert to have an open world like gta 5 then that's on your own ignorance, no offense.

Sutherland's big boss was more serious, contemplative and less 80s action archetype, so the kept you waiting huh line wasn't the same and it didn't even need to be in there. "I wont scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea" and all the lines in the video below would have sounded goofy in hayter's raspy cartoon drawl unless he was directed to change his style. I think a lot of the criticisms thrown towards mgs5 are long time fans stuck in the past with the series and kojima wanted to move ahead. Anyway this cutscene is amazing and my favorite in the series, the way its framed is cinematic in the best way.

Last edited by LegacyCosts; 11-08-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 04:28 AM   #507
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

1.04 released today.

- Various Performance improvements
- Multiple problems fixed

Roughly 1GB

Total game - 49.39GB
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #508

Sep 2016
London

Waiting patiently for my steel to arrive this morning.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #509
Banned

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I heard there's a lot of story to the game as expected.
Only concern is that you have to balance your character as they carry more stuff, sometimes tripping and dropping all your stuff, as a control challenge.

I wonder how large the world is compared to MGSV.

That was a cool mission with the giant Mech Metal Gear bot in that inside hangar from what I remember. Only played through it once, the rest was just exploration/fun.

The final mission, attacking that base, was a big challenge. Quiet was my main back up.
Yes, my friend, very good mission. I believe making it open world was the biggest mistake. Kojima simply does not know what to do with big canvases.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #510
Banned

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post

If you actually expected a stealth game in the desert to have an open world like gta 5 then that's on your own ignorance, no offense.
You've taken my GTA V quote a bit literally. I didn't expect GTA V type open world, I said I wanted the DENSITY of an open world like that. It's a world supposedly full of military groups and they are just scattered around here and there. Everything looks exactly the same and there are no distinguishing locations except for one or two. I expected the world to feel living and breathing and it didn't. That's not on me, that's on Kojima. Hell even MGS IV and III had more dense worlds and they weren't even open! There were interesting interiors, distinguishing locations, etc.

And you never addressed my statement about the repetitive side missions, I mean those were truly awful and were there to make the game seem bigger than it was, even you must admit that.

Quote:
Sutherland's big boss was more serious, contemplative and less 80s action archetype, so the kept you waiting huh line wasn't the same and it didn't even need to be in there. "I wont scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea" and all the lines in the video below would have sounded goofy in hayter's raspy cartoon drawl unless he was directed to change his style. I think a lot of the criticisms thrown towards mgs5 are long time fans stuck in the past with the series and kojima wanted to move ahead. Anyway this cutscene is amazing and my favorite in the series, the way its framed is cinematic in the best way.
I can accept Sutherland's vision was a tad more appropriate for this 'serious' game except you're suggesting that Hayter's Snake was incapable of being able to exist within it. The scene you referenced is a nice scene but a bad example if you're trying to say Hayter couldn't accomplish anything in it. Look at the very end of MGS IV with Big Boss and Snake at the funeral. That's as sensitive a scene as anything in MGS V. What about Big Boss's exchanges with The Boss? That's as moving and cinematic as it gets.

Hayter would NOT have been an issue. The issue was Kojima jumping on the open world bandwagon and not really knowing what he was doing.

Do not get me started on that truly awful fan fictionary ending in MGS V. That was truly despicable and nearly undid all the great work he had done for the previous 2 entries.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #511
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

I only played the intro so far, 10 minutes or so. I’ll put real hours tonight. nothing to report so far. the movement is smooth, I’d say MGSV-ish, and it looks and sounds great.
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (11-09-2019), THE_FORCE (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #512

Jul 2010
USA

Looks good but I'll probably rent from Redbox to try it first. Agree about Metal Gear 5. The bare desert setting and its world just didn't pull me in like previous metal gear games but the combat and stealth were great
Old 11-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #513
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I only played the intro so far, 10 minutes or so. I’ll put real hours tonight. nothing to report so far. the movement is smooth, I’d say MGSV-ish, and it looks and sounds great.
How much stuff did you pee on?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #514

Aug 2018
France

Got the game !
Old 11-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #515
Expert Member

Dec 2014
Colorado

I'm out of the loop here, can you guys tell me what this game is? I've only seen a little video and it looks like a fedex man hiking across Iceland.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #516

Aug 2018
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Güchenschlong View Post
I'm out of the loop here, can you guys tell me what this game is? I've only seen a little video and it looks like a fedex man hiking across Iceland.
The Best Game Ever.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #517

Jul 2009
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Güchenschlong View Post
You hit the nail on the head there, chief. Only played about an hour last night after midnight, but it made a great first impression.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #518
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

Started the game. Looking forward to see where the story goes.
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #519
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Headed to Best Buy to pick up my copy here shortly.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM   #520
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Encino, CA

Still waiting for my Collector's Edition to come in. Probably won't be until early evening before I get to play this.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4