Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Black Sails: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$81.31

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 03:38 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

May 2014

Saints row 3 and 4 are horrible games while 2 is amazing and one of the most fun games ever

007 quantum of solace on the 360 has better mulitplayer than any other game I've played
Old 02-13-2015, 03:47 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Isla Nublar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
UO Zelda games are boring, feel lifeless and outside of the cool soundtracks have no redeeming quality for me.
Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaGuy View Post
Saints row 3 and 4 are horrible games while 2 is amazing and one of the most fun games ever.
I haven't played 4 yet but I enjoyed my time with Saints Row 3 and you're right, Saints Row 2 is an absolute blast.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
- The original Metal Gear Solid is still the best in the series. I know Snake Eater is the fan favourite but no. I actually think it's the weakest of the main four games.

- Resident Evil 4 is weak. I appreciate that it was ground-breaking but I find it rather bland and overly focused on combat.

- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is an underappreciated masterpiece and better than the trilogy that followed.

- Devil May Cry 2 is brilliant and I'm baffled as to why it's so maligned.

- Vice City remains the best Grand Theft Auto game. Love that eighties vibe. I was never a big fan of San Andreas.
I dunno, I've always been under the impression MGS1 is the biggest fan favorite. Snake Eater is up there for sure, but I think the original is most popular one. Either way, both get lots of love and only have any real competition from each other.

Now, for a real unpopular opinion, Sons of Liberty is the greatest game in the Metal Gear series.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
UO Zelda games are boring, feel lifeless and outside of the cool soundtracks have no redeeming quality for me. Also Final Fantasy 8's junction system is the best battle system in any of the series.
Both of these opinions are tough to stomach. It's like watching someone kill a newborn baby.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2012
Sweden

Final Fantasy VIII's junction system is better than it gets credit for, once you get the hang of it it's really not awkward or difficult at all. But I would still say it's one of the worse systems in the series, precisely because it makes the game too damn easy.

Seriously, every time I play VIII I'm taken aback by how easy that game is compared to the other installments, and FF games in general tend to be pretty easy. The way you can enhance your characters' stats by junctioning magic to them, while the enemies you face will be weaker the lower their level is (and they level up along with you, which combined with the fact that you can learn enc-none early on...), you can abuse the shit out of that and pretty much beat it with your eyes closed.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #26
Banned

Oct 2013
Blackwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
Final Fantasy VIII's junction system is better than it gets credit for, once you get the hang of it it's really not awkward or difficult at all. But I would still say it's one of the worse systems in the series, precisely because it makes the game too damn easy.

Seriously, every time I play VIII I'm taken aback by how easy that game is compared to the other installments, and FF games in general tend to be pretty easy. The way you can enhance your characters' stats by junctioning magic to them, while the enemies you face will be weaker the lower their level is (and they level up along with you, which combined with the fact that you can learn enc-none early on...), you can abuse the shit out of that and pretty much beat it with your eyes closed.
It wasn't easy for a lot of people because the junction system was so different. I had friends who made it to the last boss who couldn't get past it due to a lack of understanding of the gf abilities and magic. I mean I was 12 back then but still. The lionheart attack alone makes ff8 cooler than most games. Junctioning allowed for a lot of strategy and customization. 7 is my favorite of the series but the materia system is much more bland when compared. Uh oh infernal suspended. All of my favorite posters get in trouble often it seems.

UO: I don't care for mario games and I havent seen the original NES. This includes mario kart/tennis/sunshine/rpg etc. After NES I had the genesis instead of the snes, the ps1 instead of the n64 (I did get the n64 towards the end of it's for perfect dark, conker and the wrestling titles), ps2 instead of the gamecube, ps3/360 not the wii, and now ps4 and not the WII U. I had the 3ds briefly and sold it. I haven't been interested in nintendo since WWF No Mercy. This lack of love for Nintendo's blandness can really be isolating in the land of video games.

Last edited by LegacyCosts; 02-19-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:06 AM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
It wasn't easy for a lot of people because the junction system was so different. I had friends who made it to the last boss who couldn't get past it due to a lack of understanding of the gf abilities and magic. I mean I was 12 back then but still. The lionheart attack alone makes ff8 cooler than most games. Junctioning allowed for a lot of strategy and customization. 7 is my favorite of the series but the materia system is much more bland when compared.
I had that same problem the first time I played it actually, then very late, at the end of disc 3 or somewhere on disc 3, I figured it out. So I decided to start over, did it properly, and then it was a breeze.

As for strategy and customization, eh, I dunno. I never had to put much thought into it, just junction some high level magic to your characters and they're all unstoppable killing machines.

Quote:
Uh oh infernal suspended. All of my favorite posters get in trouble often it seems.
I know right? I'm considering making a video where I plead to the mods to LEAVE INFERNAL KING ALONE while I cry until my face is red.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:37 AM   #28
Banned

Oct 2013
Blackwater

You could Junction certain elemental magic for certain enemies vulnerable to it and use different spells for defense. It was cool. Yeah you get too powerful in the end but most of the spells suck in the beginning so your not Op unless you played on the pc where they give you that draw cheat.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #29

Mar 2017

Paladins is better in every way than Overwatch, and it's free.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
Sons of Liberty is the greatest game in the Metal Gear series.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Big Isle, 106 winters after The Fall (2321)

Mortal Kombat > Street Fighter
Thanks given by:
BladeRunner2007 (12-04-2018), MovieHermit (08-05-2018)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #32
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Saints Row 4 was complete garbage. It's sad we didn't get a good sequel to it. I was excited about being the President but that lasted a few mins.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Strategy games suck.
Thanks given by:
MovieHermit (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #34

Sep 2009
Toronto, Canada
-
-

I agree with the above poster that MK is better than street fighter. In every aspect including the actual fighting tournaments.

For me, I think Final Fantasy 3 is one of the worst in the franchise, and most think it’s one of the best.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Online multiplayer shooting games are boring as hell.

Single player story mode campaigns, preferably without co-op option (be it AI or human controlled), is what really makes a great game. Unless you're talking any kind of sports, fighting or racing games.

Ever since the N64, a Nintendo console alone will never suffice. You'll at least need either an Xbox or a PlayStation as the main console.
Thanks given by:
i007spectre (08-06-2018), wildhoney66 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

I hate this modern focus on MMO team style games.

I am almost twenty seven, I work a full time job as I gotta pay my mortgage. Most people I know have mortgages, full time jobs and they've also got marriages and kids. In short, I have little time in the week to play games and even less time to organise five or more people to all play with me at the same time.

If your game is only even remotely playable if I form some synchronised swimming team with five other people with all the exact same rigging set up and hours upon hours of practice then your game isn't for me.

The sad thing is 99% of releases these days are crammed into this framework so I have a choice between a miserable solo experience or miss out on the game all together.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #37

Aug 2018

I just don't get the appeal of first-person games. Only one (Bioshock) has ever appealed to me. And racing games and honestly kiss my grits. On top of being anxiety generators, they're just so tedious.

There. I said it. I feel better already.
Thanks given by:
wildhoney66 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #38

Sep 2009
Toronto, Canada
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsquash729 View Post
I just don't get the appeal of first-person games. Only one (Bioshock) has ever appealed to me. And racing games and honestly kiss my grits. On top of being anxiety generators, they're just so tedious.

There. I said it. I feel better already.
Bioshock is one of the greatest games of all time.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:52 AM   #39
Special Member

Jul 2016
1537 Paper St.

Mass Effect Andromeda was just as good as the original trilogy.
Thanks given by:
joshsquash729 (09-08-2018)
Old 09-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #40
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

If it wasn't for Halo. X-Box would have failed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion