Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.32
6 hrs ago
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

007: The Sean Connery Collection, Vol. 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.96
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$110.94

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$20.89

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...
Thumbs up Graveyard Keeper

Playing on XBOX currently. It looks like the game is also available on Switch and PS4 as well. I think it would be most perfect on Switch as the game would be very portable.

I have not finished it; just got started on it 3 days ago and have not been able to play anything else. It is a explore / farming / management / crafting / rebuild type of life sim. I have not played such sim in a long long time and this one seems perfectly suited to my tastes.

The game is surprisingly deep (no pun intended). There is a lot that goes on below the surface as well as above. The game takes a humorous, sarcastic angle on religion which I found amusing. Just when it seems like I have hit an obstacle, the solution presents itself and opens new activities to tackle.

So far, it has eaten up my entire weekend (not sure but about 90 in game days) and I am loving it. Each in-game-play-day, as I found online, is 7m30s. I don't think the time advances while the inventory/crafting menu is up nor during key dialogue sequences.

So, how many in-game-days have you invested in it? No spoilers please.

Last edited by GRD43L; 07-22-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Removed game deal details, per the rule #6.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Had to google sum images.

Game looks a lot like Zelda: A Link to the Past. Maybe less vistas but does carry over familiarity in graphics. How’s the Sound?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #3
Expert Member

Sep 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Had to google sum images.

Game looks a lot like Zelda: A Link to the Past. Maybe less vistas but does carry over familiarity in graphics. How’s the Sound?
The Sound is mostly background music, which my brain ignores now from listening to it for so long. The music changes from night to day. The characters have unique sounds but are complete gibberish, kind of like Charlie Brown's teacher or Animal Crossing.

It's been a while since I played this type of game so I don't have a good recent title to compare to.
Thanks given by:
Derb (07-24-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
Expert Member

Sep 2018

158 in game days so far. The game is relentless in giving more tasks (or side quests) that opens up new areas and skills. It's 'just another task' thing that keeps me going and it does not feel like a grind, even though it can be called that.

Trying to balance Graveyard Keeper with World of Tanks … Those 2 are entertaining me very well …
Old 08-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Expert Member

Sep 2018

400+ in-game days. It was a great game but it does take a toll on the grind. A lot of back and forth, gather specific resources, build this+that, etc. It keeps pace at 7 days a week schedule therefore there are certain tasks that can only be done on certain day and there are few of those 'come back next time' tasks. Towards the end there are several of these to contend with. The instructions on the details of completing a task are not always complete but in time they are all revealed. Technicality of the game is very good and the stories to discover is amusing and entertaining.

It kept me busy for past couple of weeks. I think I am maybe couple hours to the end of the game but I'd say it has easily eaten up about 50 hours of my life. I enjoyed it very much.

I'd personally give it 8/10. Planning on completing the game tonight … before GamePass runs out end of this week!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Expert Member

Sep 2018

4 days left on Game Pass and the game has been completed at ~485 in-game days. All events/dramas tied up nicely at the end.

I left some high level 'research' incomplete because it was going to be a grind/chore and not really necessary to finish the game.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Tags
game pass, graveyard keeper, xbox live