Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 9 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
The Meg 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
Classic Hitchcock (Blu-ray)
$64.99
23 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
The Flash: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #301
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
what kind of music is puscifer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
It's the solo project of Maynard James Keenan, the front man of A Perfect Circle and Tool. You can tell it has influences of both, with more of an APC sound than tool, but still very much his own.
Check it out. I may be a little biased though. That amp is sweet looking by the way. Would love to hear that system.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #302
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

My C2s are still for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM if so.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #303
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Rd. and Sugden Ave., Arcam Shire

Quote:
My C2s are still for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM if so.
That hurts me to read things like that Wish i could afford them.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #304
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
That hurts me to read things like that Wish i could afford them.
Yeah, I really like the speakers, but other than occasional tv watching, I haven't gotten use out of them at all in the past two months. I don't see my habits or free time changing much here in the near future, so no sense having such an expensive speaker sitting around collecting dust.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #305
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Looks like my listing is going to expire without any luck selling the speakers. I'll probably hold off on relisting and re-evaluate here again in a month or two, but if there is any interest on here, shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

In other news, bought a new car today! It's an Infiniti M37X. I'm really loving it; rides smooth, has plenty of pick up, great interior, and tons of features. I had an SRX prior to this, and while it was no slouch, this car trounces it in every way imaginable.

That's all for now...hopefully I can get a little more active in the community again.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #306
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Rd. and Sugden Ave., Arcam Shire

Quote:
Yeah, I really like the speakers, but other than occasional tv watching, I haven't gotten use out of them at all in the past two months. I don't see my habits or free time changing much here in the near future, so no sense having such an expensive speaker sitting around collecting dust.
I totally understand, it makes perfect sense to sell them.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #307
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Just thought I would drop in and welcome you to the G club. I have been enjoying mine since 2006.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #308
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Just thought I would drop in and welcome you to the G club. I have been enjoying mine since 2006.
Thanks! It's actually an M...I was going to get the g coupe but it was a little too impractical. But having had my M for a few days now I really love it.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #309
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Thanks! It's actually an M...I was going to get the g coupe but it was a little too impractical. But having had my M for a few days now I really love it.
Oh my mistake. I thought you had bought the G. After I had bought my G the neighbor across the street from me purchased the M. I actually went with him when he was car shopping. Both models are some of the best cars on the road right now. It's nice having the power and the sweet ride correct?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #310
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Oh my mistake. I thought you had bought the G. After I had bought my G the neighbor across the street from me purchased the M. I actually went with him when he was car shopping. Both models are some of the best cars on the road right now. It's nice having the power and the sweet ride correct?
I love turning the nob into sport mode and gunning it, but then having the smoothness of the sedan. It's a great combo. My dad has a BMW 750 li, and for being 40k cheaper than his, the two ride and accelerate more similarly than I expected, but his is obviously quicker with the twin turbos and being a v8.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #311
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Well, tomorrow I might be making a splash on my two channel setup...

I'm going to my dealer in Dayton to listen to an Octave V40se and V70se, some dacs (PS Audio PWD II, Bryston BDA 1, Wadia 121), and possibly a turn table. Depending on if I like/dislike the dacs or turntable will determine on how I split up my budget which is roughly 5k between the two assuming I get the V40se. I may also buy some headphones, such as Sennheiser HD800s or Grado PS1000s so that I can listen more frequently. I'm also going to take my current amp, the audio refinement, as a point of reference possibly. My dealer does in home trials as well, so I may just go that route once I narrow it down. So if anyone has any input before I go tomorrow, let me know. I'd love to get some feedback. Other option is to buy a center speaker, but don't really want to.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #312
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

I'm a proud owner of a brand new black Octave V70se with upgraded KT88 tubes and an installed phono, as well as a new Pro-ject Perspex with upgraded Blue Point Special EVO III cart!

I spent about 2 hours listening to the V70se hooked up to C1 signatures, with a project carbon TT ($350), a primare phono ($1200), primare cd, and ps audio pwd II($4000). I did a listening session last night, then brought the same music today. The only thing I can say is that everything was better, like night and day, and I'm usually one to not notice those type of changes. I've had a few amps in my system, and never once was able to notice an appreciable difference between any of them. With the Octave, I feel like I could pick it out easily, it's that good.

I did some comparison listening between the tt and the pwdII because I was up in the air on if I wanted a TT, and I really wanted to buy a dac for my system. I felt that the dac and the cd player sounded the same, which is to say it probably sounds the same as my squeezebox, as I've done several comparisons of my squeezebox with various cd players, including the NAD M5. The thing that struck me the most though was how good the TT sounded compared to the PWDII. I preferred the sound of the TT to the PWDII, and the TT was 1/10th the price. This made my decision to buy a nice TT easy.

I also spent some time listening to some cans, particularly the Sennheiser HD800s and Grado PS1000s. Both are good sets, and I preferred the Grados. However, nothing compares to being able to feel the music, so I'm thankful I can listen to a full system.

Finally, if anyone is within a few hours drive of Dayton OH, you need to make a trip to Hanson AV. They are great people, have over 75 speakers available to audition, have 3 great listening rooms, and tons of ectronics to try as well. My Octave should arrive this Wednesday, and the TT sometime this week. I'll be making a trip back to Hanson for them to set up and balance the TT, but once I have everything in I'll post some new pics.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #313
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
I'm a proud owner of a brand new black Octave V70se with upgraded KT88 tubes and an installed phono, as well as a new Pro-ject Perspex with upgraded Blue Point Special EVO III cart!

I spent about 2 hours listening to the V70se hooked up to C1 signatures, with a project carbon TT ($350), a primare phono ($1200), primare cd, and ps audio pwd II($4000). I did a listening session last night, then brought the same music today. The only thing I can say is that everything was better, like night and day, and I'm usually one to not notice those type of changes. I've had a few amps in my system, and never once was able to notice an appreciable difference between any of them. With the Octave, I feel like I could pick it out easily, it's that good.

I did some comparison listening between the tt and the pwdII because I was up in the air on if I wanted a TT, and I really wanted to buy a dac for my system. I felt that the dac and the cd player sounded the same, which is to say it probably sounds the same as my squeezebox, as I've done several comparisons of my squeezebox with various cd players, including the NAD M5. The thing that struck me the most though was how good the TT sounded compared to the PWDII. I preferred the sound of the TT to the PWDII, and the TT was 1/10th the price. This made my decision to buy a nice TT easy.

I also spent some time listening to some cans, particularly the Sennheiser HD800s and Grado PS1000s. Both are good sets, and I preferred the Grados. However, nothing compares to being able to feel the music, so I'm thankful I can listen to a full system.

Finally, if anyone is within a few hours drive of Dayton OH, you need to make a trip to Hanson AV. They are great people, have over 75 speakers available to audition, have 3 great listening rooms, and tons of ectronics to try as well. My Octave should arrive this Wednesday, and the TT sometime this week. I'll be making a trip back to Hanson for them to set up and balance the TT, but once I have everything in I'll post some new pics.
Hey Alex,

Congrats on the new gear!

So I guess you've still got the C2's or you wouldn't be buying an Octave. Get ready for the money pit that vinyl is, some of the high quality albums are pretty pricey. I know have a stack of vinyl that sitting unused, haven't used my table in quite some time. Hopefully for you the novelty of it won't wear off like it did with me.

What tunes did you demo with the TT?

BTW nice car.

Last edited by aces high; 09-01-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #314
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
Hey Alex,

Congrats on the new gear!
Thanks!

Quote:
So I guess you've still got the C2's or you wouldn't be buying an Octave. Get ready for the money pit that vinyl is, some of the high quality albums are pretty pricey. I know have a stack of vinyl that sitting unused, haven't used my table in quite some time. Hopefully for you the novelty of it won't wear off like it did with me.
Yep, still have the C2s. Had a few low ball offers on Agon, but nothing serious. I was at the point where I was going to either get out of the hobby entirely or go full steam ahead. I spent this past week forcing myself to make time to listen and realized how much I enjoy it. I wasn't able to listen as much as I had wanted to in the past, but found that I could make time in the late evenings. We also got a new great dane puppy, and he likes to sit on the couch and listen with me. So I'm happy. I also hope that I get plenty of use out of the TT. I enjoy that it forces you to sit back and just listen. I find when I'm on my server I'm constantly looking for the next song to play. I hope that novelty doesn't wear off.

Quote:
What tunes did you demo with the TT?
I did my back and forth with "Lonely Boy" and "Dead and Gone" off of the Black Key's album El Camino. I chose those for convenience, and I like them both. I also brought with me Death Cab For Cutie's Plans in 180g. It sounded great as well.

Quote:
BTW nice car.
Thanks again! It's a lot of fun but still practical.

Here are two stock photos of the new toys:

and

Last edited by Intamin; 09-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #315
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Congrats!

Now update your signature!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #316
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:

congrats, that is some good gear. Ive heard the octave v40se and v70se, would like to hear the v80 at some point. but those are very good IAs.

that TT looks great. i have been looking for some more vinyl to pick, I like the sound of vinyl, its just hard to find good stuff, and when you do, it can be expensive online, music direct and elusive disc arent cheap.

where did you buy the Death Cab Plans album?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #317
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
congrats, that is some good gear. Ive heard the octave v40se and v70se, would like to hear the v80 at some point. but those are very good IAs.

that TT looks great. i have been looking for some more vinyl to pick, I like the sound of vinyl, its just hard to find good stuff, and when you do, it can be expensive online, music direct and elusive disc arent cheap.

where did you buy the Death Cab Plans album?
Thanks Rhett and Steve!

I bought the death cab record at my local vinyl store several years ago. I had a cheap tt when I was in college and would pick up records occasionally. I'm looking forward to getting back to it, but imagine that streaming will still be my primary source.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #318
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
Congrats!

Now update your signature!
Only if it gets me all 10s in my gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #319
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
Only if it gets me all 10s in my gallery
You won't unless you buy Emotiva and and Pioneer Elite for components and switch to Pair o' dimes or B$W speakers.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #320
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Thanks Rhett and Steve!

I bought the death cab record at my local vinyl store several years ago. I had a cheap tt when I was in college and would pick up records occasionally. I'm looking forward to getting back to it, but imagine that streaming will still be my primary source.
Looking at your avatar, I'm going to guess that you went to Butler. Which if you did, you probably spent time in Vibes, Luna or Indy CD and Vinyl. I used to go to Vibes all the time when they were in Castelton. Tony, the owner is a really good guy and used to(not sure if he still does) play guitar in local bands. Some of my friends used to play shows at The Emerson, and I got to catch his band Birth Right play there. Didn't know at the time that Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy fame was their bass player.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries