Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

House on Haunted Hill (Blu-ray)
$25.99
8 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
13 hrs ago
The Nun (Blu-ray)
$22.99
23 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
23 hrs ago
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Man Who Invented Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Mamma Mia! (Blu-ray)
$6.99

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.45

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston
Default Intamin's HT

This is my 2 channel and HT set up. Feel free to comment and discuss!

Last edited by Intamin; 10-11-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #2

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Hi Intamin!

Nice to see you posted some pics and started your own thread. I think you have some amazing gear and I'll bet the joint just rocks when you have it dialed in just so!

I almost bought the Diamondback IC's, but settled on the Copperheads. They are nice, good quality cables. And I've heard nothing but good things about the Salks!

Nice system buddy! Nice!

John

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 10-11-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #3

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

I Totally agree with John !

The front towers are BEAUTIFUL !!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Nov 2007

One of my favorites here! Those Salks are supposed to be fantastic!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Thanks for the compliments! I really enjoy my Salks. I've listened to a lot of different speakers since I've purchased my Salks, and I've yet to find something that I would want more, save for some speakers in the 10k plus range
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Nov 2007

I also like that you run your setups independently! Serious gear in both setups by the way!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Very nice setup.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #8
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR View Post
I also like that you run your setups independently! Serious gear in both setups by the way!
Thanks! There are times where I wish I had just one setup for convenience sake, but I guess I take care of that with the Wadia when I want convenience. I also think I have a mental block against HT gear being used for music. I feel like HT was made for HT, and that gear has its purposes, but music should be left to two channel. But that's just me; I'm sure there are plenty of great pre/pros that would sound far better than my preamp, but I'll stick with 2 channel only preamps.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina

Amazing System.
I am just floored by the Quality of the Components,Speakers,and Cables you have Assembled.

I would be MORE Then Happy to call a System this Awesome,My Own.Just Incredible.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
Power Member

Jan 2008

As always, looks great Alex !!! Enjoy
Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdabb View Post
As always, looks great Alex !!! Enjoy
Always do When you going to post pics of your Dalis!?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
Always do When you going to post pics of your Dalis!?
I will get some good pics up after I get finished with my remodeling. Right now everything is a mess and the only thing I have hooked up is my TV and two channel portion of my system. I can only imagine how much people will let me have it if I posted pics as of right now Then proceed to let me know how much better I could do if I just.............. But they don't realize what I have going on behind the scenes and my plans to get everything in order and make everything beautiful & perfect !!! All in due time because this will be a permanent solution !!!

Between work & the family I'm lucky I even get one day out of the week to even turn the thing on I'm working on it though !!!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

So for those more knowledgeable than me, where should my next upgrade go for my 2 channel set up? I can't do room treatments since I don't own the property and the walls are plaster so they are next to impossible to hang anything from. My thoughts are either going to a separate dac, adding a new PC for just the two channel stuff (I would like to lower the noise floor), or adding new speaker cable (I currently use $10/foot audioquest cable). I suppose I could even add a new sub into the mix as well. I'd prefer to not replace either the amp or preamp or cd player since they are all relatively new purchases, and if I start replacing that stuff I'd rather go after new speakers first. Thanks! Oh, and don't really have a budget cause I don't have the money to do any of this stuff right away, but I'd like to keep it around the 1k mark, plus or minus a few hundred.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
So for those more knowledgeable than me, where should my next upgrade go for my 2 channel set up? I can't do room treatments since I don't own the property and the walls are plaster so they are next to impossible to hang anything from. My thoughts are either going to a separate dac, adding a new PC for just the two channel stuff (I would like to lower the noise floor), or adding new speaker cable (I currently use $10/foot audioquest cable). I suppose I could even add a new sub into the mix as well. I'd prefer to not replace either the amp or preamp or cd player since they are all relatively new purchases, and if I start replacing that stuff I'd rather go after new speakers first. Thanks! Oh, and don't really have a budget cause I don't have the money to do any of this stuff right away, but I'd like to keep it around the 1k mark, plus or minus a few hundred.
Hello Intamin.

First, I'd like to acknowledge and commend you on the outstanding configuration you've put together. Love the Marantz/Rotel combo for HT.
Your 2 channel setup is also very impressive.

Now, about the desire to upgrade..... Being that you have constraints due to rental restrictions making room treatments not an option, I would focus on having the ability to switch from the HT function to the 2 channel function using a bypass via the press of the remote.
Switching speaker cable connections must be a PITA at times so here's a possible solution.
Emotiva has an inexpensive but very functional solution.

http://emotiva.com/usp1.shtm

There are some other manufacturer's that have very similar devices, like the Parasound P7. Upgrading to a preamp with HT pass-thru could make your system's functionality/switching almost seamless.

Adding a music server is as easy as adding an Apple TV to the mix (that's if you currently have and use an iTunes account.)

BTW, thanks for the kind words about my set up.

Last edited by ldgibson76; 11-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
Special Member

May 2009
Charlotte, NC

excellent setup! ::

You have an excellent assortment of gear, all of which top notch, kudos to you.

Now i was reading how you switch speaker cables around for 2-channel and HT useage. Doesnt your parasound have a HT bypass? If so this would simplify your cable switching and allow you the best of both worlds.

Enjoy the tunes.

-Steve
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
excellent setup! ::

You have an excellent assortment of gear, all of which top notch, kudos to you.

Now i was reading how you switch speaker cables around for 2-channel and HT useage. Doesnt your parasound have a HT bypass? If so this would simplify your cable switching and allow you the best of both worlds.

Enjoy the tunes.

-Steve
Hello BigRed!
I was thinking the same thing. A Halo level Parasound Pre Amp, HT pass thru should be a lock! Thinking that, I went to the Parasound website and looked up the specs on the P3. Low and behold, it does not have the HT pass thru feature.

http://www.parasound.com/halo/p3.php

You must step up to the P7.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #17
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Thanks for the compliments and thoughts. Ya, unfortunately no HT pass thru on the P3. However, it's not really a big deal since I have two amps and I listen to music a lot more than movies, so I just leave one set of speaker cable in for the most part. Banana plugs help the swapping a lot as well. My thoughts for the future are that I'm going to add a squeezebox and use my iphone to control it as a music server for maximum convenience. I've already ripped all of my cds to lossless, so that's good to go. I would then add an external dac at some point in the future, and potentially sell of the the m5 if I find myself using the squeezebox for the majority of my listening. I've also looked into getting a new sub that will serve better musically, but really all of these ideas are just that, ideas. With graduation in the near future, I've got a lot more things that my money will have to go towards it looks like. Anyways, thanks again for the kind words and suggestions for upgrades!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

So...I'm need of help/advice. I want to upgrade again, I'm just not sure where to upgrade. My ps3's fan is too darn loud, so I've considered getting a new oppo player. I've also looked at the Integra DHC 40.1 for a new processor. Another option would be to get the Parasound c3 when it comes out and pick up a matching A51 or 52(probably 52 since it's cheaper and my speakers don't need that much power). I've also considered adding another sub into the mix. I could either add a second Super Cube, or I could go with 2 Rythmik 12s. If I get new subs, which would you go with, the rythmiks or a second super cube. The second cube would be easier to deal with but I'm thinking the Rythmiks will sound better. Ideally I'd like to get the Parasound combo, but not sure if it'll be worth added cost since it'll primarily be used for movies only. Pricing:

Player only-500
Integra-1100ish
C3-3500msrp
A52-2000ish or used for 1200ish.
Supercube-1100ish
Rythmiks-1800.

I don't really have a budget in mind since I can save as long as necessary. The final option is to just hold onto my money haha. So if you were me, where would you put the dollars for the most improvement? And what order would you get it in?

Last edited by Intamin; 12-29-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:36 AM   #19
Special Member

May 2009
Charlotte, NC

Get the Rythmiks...

they are freaking amazing musical subs. I'll be picking one up shortly.

As far as audio playback, what do you mainly use. Cd's or all digital?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #20
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
Get the Rythmiks...

they are freaking amazing musical subs. I'll be picking one up shortly.

As far as audio playback, what do you mainly use. Cd's or all digital?
Well, I just got my squeezebox, so I've been trying to compare the two to see which I like more. I have a hard time picking out which is which when I have someone switching back and forth. I'll probably go back and forth on which I use. The digital is very convenient because I can control it with my iphone, but there is still the pleasure from popping in a cd and listening to it all the way through.

As far as the rythmiks go, I really want them. Only downside is that it leaves me with 3 subs, and I'm not sure what I'd do with my cube. Maybe I'll hold onto until I can get a 2nd setup, since I'd rather not try to sell a 75lb sub and ship it.

PS, this is just to upgrade my HT set up. My 2 channel is good enough for now. I'd rather upgrade my speakers before I update anything else over there.

Last edited by Intamin; 12-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries