Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sherlock, Series 1-4 & The Abominable Bride (iTunes)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
Hellboy (iTunes)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
Dexter, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (iTunes)
$9.99

The Breakfast Club (iTunes)
$4.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (iTunes)
$9.99

Die Hard Collection - 5 Films (iTunes)
$29.99

Halloween II (iTunes)
$4.99

Christine (iTunes)
$7.99

Bumblebee (iTunes)
$9.99

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (iTunes)
$9.99

Mad Men, Seasons 1-7 (iTunes)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #6501
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
If you redeem the 4K collection you get Fast Five Extended, meaning you get 7 of the 8 movies in 4K in iTunes.

They have to upgrade it to 4K, right?
It's available in Austrailia, so iTunes will probably add it soon here too, but Apple still hasn't offered "Underworld" in 4K yet (they only offer the extended in the store), and the 4K UV > MA version is the theatrical version, and it's been on 4K Blu-ray for a while now, so they don't have to.
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #6502
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Well, to be very specific then, what is your specific reasoning for wanting all the extras present on the Blu-ray disc to be included on the iTunes Extras?

It seems you can word it prettily, but in the end it's still "just because".
Or whatever reason you have for the Extras, most people can apply to aspect ratio too.

I know it's not truly an IMAX aspect ratio (it's still being cropped), but visually, it's actually kind of exciting when those scenes hit the screen. You are suddenly much more immersed in the picture. It pulls you in a lot more when the screen suddenly fills like that, makes you ready for action! Then when it's back to letterbox, you can relax and focus on the story.

Just like Atmos audio can envelope you in sound when it wants to, the switch from 'normal' to IMAX size affects your impression of the scene. They actually lose a significant amount of 'oomph' when they are cropped like the rest of the film. (Granted, just like with Atmos, you are only likely to notice it if you know you are missing it... But if you have a copy of the film that is different, you will notice. If you saw it in theaters, you will notice. I can still picture in my head the fist time The Dark Knight went IMAX from seeing it in theaters, it's a visual 'effect' that sticks in your head. I want my home experience to be exactly the same (at least, as much as possible on 16x9 screens))...

As for complaints, they were complaints directly to the studio (at least in the one case I know of), not online. The ones that had the IMAX scenes that were replaced with cropped ones are because customers complained to the studios that something was wrong with the film because the size of the screen kept changing. They apparently felt it was easier to 'fix' it, rather than educate the public...

Maybe all the people that want the IMAX versions back need to start complaining weekly if they aren't replaced (or included as an Extra at least). There really is no reason not to include both, especially if they already have the master file...
Have I said “all” extras? Perhaps I have but I have no memory’s of it.

I’m interested in the production of movies and I like commentaries, BTS dissecting VFX, stunts , etc.

Any of that of on the discs I’d like on Blu-Ray.

There is a lot useless drivel on disc too - talking heads waffling how great something is filled with movies clips. I can do with without that.

I feel I have to point out again that you seem to misunderstand the precious exchanges. I’m not saying anything is wrong with people wanting these IMAX scenes, I’m not saying they shouldn’t be on home releases, I’m not saying anyone is wrong to want them.

The “just because” comment is only because when I asked a couple of forum members why they wanted these scenes in IMAX when the screens we watch the movies on are not IMAX screens (asked by someone who has neither seen an IMAX movie or an IMAX scenes in iTunes ), they didn’t respond to that question at first, then said it “didn’t need explaining” because if it is on the disc it should be on every format.

That response is quite simply a “just because”.

I wasn’t saying everyone feels that way and I wasn’t even saying Gonzo and spiderneil only want it “just because” - I’m saying it just seems that way based on their responses.

You’ve explained a reason why you want it. Admiral also commented on it, that is all o was looking for - it explains it enough until I get to see it myself.

People were aware that complaints from the public caused the editing of IMAX footage. Why did people not start a campaign to fix it?
Old Today, 02:17 AM   #6503

May 2019

This page? Big Daddy[/quote]

WOW so i tried going to the Big Daddy link on my ipad and it didn't work but on my phone it does...smh... thank you
Old Today, 02:25 AM   #6504

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Is anyone having a playback issue with The Matrix Reloaded 4k and The Matrix Revolutions 4k? Both movies can't play.
So just tried them both and having the same issue here aswell. I can access the itunes extras but the movie will not play. Tried it on my iphone & ipad. Something must be going on because the original will play just fine.
Old Today, 04:25 AM   #6505

Jan 2018
-
-

I just realized this today, but some movies I have purchased in 4k from iTunes (as opposed to upgrades or codes) I do not have in UHD on Vudu. Who knows about MA. Where do I purchase a given title from to guarantee I have it in 4k across all platform?
Old Today, 04:35 AM   #6506

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgenre View Post
I just realized this today, but some movies I have purchased in 4k from iTunes (as opposed to upgrades or codes) I do not have in UHD on Vudu. Who knows about MA. Where do I purchase a given title from to guarantee I have it in 4k across all platform?
If they were 4K on iTunes when you purchased they should port as 4K to MA and other services... UNLESS it is released by a studio who does not participate in MA or VUDU does not yet have the UHD version.
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #6507
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
...Who knows about MA. Where do I purchase a given title from to guarantee I have it in 4k across all platform?
You can know about MA by checking your MA library. If you own a movie it will list the resolution you own it at.
Old Today, 06:50 AM   #6508

Feb 2011

Am I the only who getting severe raised blacks on Blade Runner Final Cut? I have an OLED TV. In the opening crawl the black is practically gray. If I reset 'deep colour' it turns black. I have the physical disk now but I'm curious if someone else has had the same problem or the problem is my TV.
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #6509

Jan 2018
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
If they were 4K on iTunes when you purchased they should port as 4K to MA and other services... UNLESS it is released by a studio who does not participate in MA or VUDU does not yet have the UHD version.
That explains it, I forgot about Paramount. Confused due to some movies being upgraded on Apple from HD, and not others. Thanks.

Edit: What about Disney titles that are not 4k yet in iTunes? Is it better to purchase those new releases from Vudu?

Last edited by comicgenre; Today at 07:16 AM.
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #6510

Jan 2019
Singapore

Quote:
What about Disney titles that are not 4k yet in iTunes?
I wouldn't hold your breath for Disney titles getting 4K versions on iTunes. It's been almost 2 years. The only way Disney will give free 4K upgrades is if it starts affecting their sales by not doing so.

Last edited by Admiral; Today at 11:29 AM.
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (Today)
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #6511
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

So is there any way to check your total and/or 4K movie count since they updated tvOS?
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #6512

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
-
-
-
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrok View Post
So is there any way to check your total and/or 4K movie count since they updated tvOS?
Not the answer you're looking for, but right now my iTunes 4K total less than 100....so i scroll all the way to the right, then count rows down.....31 rows=93 titles...and an additional row of two...equals 95 for me!

I'm a beta tester and NONE of the beta TVOS shows "the counts" anymore, hoping this is just till the final version in the fall when Apple + opens up.
Old Today, 05:00 PM   #6513

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrok View Post
For total the only way is to go to purchased section of the Movies app.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes