Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Space Jam 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
10 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Center Stage (Blu-ray)
$29.99
11 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
 
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99
 
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #2061
Wendell R. Breland Wendell R. Breland is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Wendell R. Breland's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
North Carolina
87
681
Default

@ Lee A Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I appreciate that he maintains this thread whatever his motivations are for doing so. It is really that simple. I haven't seen anyone else offer to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I do appreciate Lee's weekly updates in that regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Sometime soon I will ask the administrator at AVS if I can have access to archived post.
I have changed maps and taking a different direction therefore will no longer spend time looking for old post by you. I consider Bruce a cyberfriend and his positive remarks about you is good enough for me. I would ask of you to always remember that most that come to this site are likely to be enthusiasts of Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. As such it would be nice of you to help fellow enthusiasts in a positive way whenever possible. I would wager you will get a lot more because of it.

Bruce and I have had not so kind words for each other in the past but I believe the respect was always there. Kosty and I had only one negative exchange as he too was an early HD DVD supporter but became a big fan of Blu-ray. Stacey Spears was another HD DVD supporter maybe because he was a Microsoft employee in that time frame. Since that time he and Don Munsil have produced quite elaborate test disc on Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. Another big HD DVD supporter was Robert Zohn of Value Electronics and he has done well with Blu-ray.

OK, off box and thanks for reading.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bruceames (Yesterday), Vilya (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #2062
bruceames bruceames is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Novato, CA
1234
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Bruce, according to The Numbers the Bond movie Skyfall did almost 53 million on BD sales. If No Time To Die is as good and does well at the box office what amount of BD sale would be needed before you thought it would be a BD sales success? Yes, I know, a lot of unknowns.

Sure wish Deakins had been the DP on this one. IMHO, Linus Sandgren and First Man was unwatchable, in La La Land he did much better. Love Hans Zimmer so glad to see he did the music track. Normally do not recommend titles but Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague will test out your sound system and give your subs a workout.
Can't really say Wendell, as I never trusted the Numbers data and haven't checked them in many years. I only go by the Videoscan top 20/50, which are only percentages, which I'm sure the Numbers uses their data to fudge some actual figures. I have cross checked this several times and it turned out to be exactly the case.

I suspect the Numbers site is run by just one guy in a basement somewhere. He is just guessing the revenue for the top title and the rest auto-calculate for the remaining top 20, although he will deviate to keep the suspicion at bay. The site doesn't have any real tracking like MPN or DEG. So take their figures with a grain of salt. I have seen their total revenue on the top 20 actually double what HMM reported for that week. So their numbers are not only bogus, but inflated as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Wendell R. Breland (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #2063
bruceames bruceames is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Novato, CA
1234
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
@ Lee A Stewart





I have changed maps and taking a different direction therefore will no longer spend time looking for old post by you. I consider Bruce a cyberfriend and his positive remarks about you is good enough for me. I would ask of you to always remember that most that come to this site are likely to be enthusiasts of Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. As such it would be nice of you to help fellow enthusiasts in a positive way whenever possible. I would wager you will get a lot more because of it.

Bruce and I have had not so kind words for each other in the past but I believe the respect was always there. Kosty and I had only one negative exchange as he too was an early HD DVD supporter but became a big fan of Blu-ray. Stacey Spears was another HD DVD supporter maybe because he was a Microsoft employee in that time frame. Since that time he and Don Munsil have produced quite elaborate test disc on Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. Another big HD DVD supporter was Robert Zohn of Value Electronics and he has done well with Blu-ray.

OK, off box and thanks for reading.
I've some back and forths with Lee as well (mostly over 4k vs 8k), but as you say the respect was always there, because we were both enthusiasts and I had known Lee in cyberspace for many years before that. And I had my share with Kosty as well, as he immediately became a huge Blu-ray fan as soon as the format war ended and I wasn't ready to wave the Blue flag yet (it actually took me a few years, even though I started to collect Blu-ray before the format war ended). But there was definitely mutual respect and even friendship, although we argued a lot. The arguments were actually quite entertaining, as long as lines weren't crossed.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Wendell R. Breland (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #2064
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Topped Disc Sales for Month of April

Quote:
Warner’s Wonder Woman 1984 was No. 1 on the top 10 list of combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales for April 2021 according to the NPD Group’s VideoScan tracking service. The result comes as little surprise, given WW84 topped the weekly sales charts every week during April (it was the top weekly seller for the five weeks following its March 30 disc release).

The No. 2 seller in April, moving up from the No. 5 spot in March, was Universal Pictures’ News of the World, a Western starring Tom Hanks as a former soldier escorting an orphaned girl back to her family through dangerous Texas wilderness. It was released on Blu-ray and DVD March 23.

Disney’s Soul, the Oscar-winning animated movie from Pixar, was the No. 3 seller for the month, having been released on Blu-ray and DVD March 23. It was No. 4 in March.
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/wonder...onth-of-april/
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 AM.