Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
Ronin 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
The Manchurian Candidate 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Training Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
4 hrs ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
4 hrs ago
The Batman 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Cool Hand Luke 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
10 hrs ago
Dreams 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Dominion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #241
Banned

Mar 2008

I am actually got a time to get beck to listening and research my notes on Respighi and Holst project.

Yes the Brass at the first notes of "Mars" was a clear uncompress dry performance that i intend to brake a overall reverberation effect for more exiting entering into a Holst piece.

I am remembering that clarinet player had a tendency to do allot of vibrato on Respighi project that made the final result to be odd for some, but trust me it is all for the goodness of music that composer intended to present to the listener,
make no mistake.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #242

Feb 2011

Hi Alexander,

I have purchase your Lucid Dream some weeks ago from Amazon.de and I have problems with the disc. My sound system itís a 5.1 DTS-HD with a Pioneer BDP-LX91 Blu-ray player with the last update. It plays the disc you can hear the sound at the background, but make terrible scratches like the frequency over tuned my boxes. With other DTS-HD blu-ray movie disc I donít have problems. What can it be?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #243
Banned

Mar 2008

Just want to make smth clear so it is no mistake in other publisher notes and reviews

No other company has a budget to give that march attention to audio as our titles, so please dont worry about marketability worth of my production.
to make it simple to understand
I posses experience and practice to make unique production efforts for music on blu-ray that concert publishers would not be able to afford or be able to comprehend.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #244

Mar 2010
Default Problem with the Dvorak Symphonies 8&9 recording

Mr. Jero,

I am having a problem playing the Dvorak recording. The recording hangs on track 6 at 53 minutes. I can not skip forward or back. The only thing I can do is to eject the disc and start again. The first five tracks play fine.

I thought it was most likely the disc so I returned it and got another. The replacement hangs in exactly in the same place. I have tried the normal fixes, tuned off BD-live and erased internal memory.

I am playing the disc on an Oppo 83se and have had no problems playing the other recordings of yours with this machine.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Alexander J; 02-11-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #245
Banned

Mar 2008

jwsreef
please pm me

thanks

Old 02-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #246
Banned

Mar 2008

Naturally listener giving match more attention to music and audio if they hear Pure Audio title
that is pretty match can be incline about reading a book compare to watching
an ecranization of the same material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander J View Post
Just want to make smth clear so it is no mistake in other publisher notes and reviews

No other company has a budget to give that march attention to audio as our titles, so please dont worry about marketability worth of my production.
to make it simple to understand
I posses experience and practice to make unique production efforts for music on blu-ray that concert publishers would not be able to afford or be able to comprehend.

Last edited by Alexander J; 02-15-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #247

Feb 2011

thanks
your opinion noted
This is an insider aria with particular rules and regulations

Last edited by Alexander J; 02-18-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #248
Banned

Mar 2008

Finally I glad to announce the arrival of my Haydn project that was put on hold for production reasons

Last edited by Alexander J; 03-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #249
Banned

Mar 2008

many projects that were suppoted to come out in january will be out by the end of spring as I desided to give them a listen in several studios before putting them in a master.
but no projects that Amazon featuring are cancelled as many ask me in my e-mail correspondence.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #250
Banned

Mar 2008
Default my older stuff

However I am trying to dedicate myself to real conducting at spare time I have available my earlier music I have written in 90s and 2000s are not only electronic and classical
here some romantic ballad i wrote that i wish you to listen
this is more personal so i made a hidden page at Amazon not to relate it directly to my todays classical celebrity image

then you get to the page
"listen to full songs">

Last edited by Alexander J; 03-19-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #251
Banned

Mar 2008

Our titles in Japan at the moment are listed out of stock becouse one of the Amazon.co.jp warehouses are still not functioning yet after 11th
but I just got a message that it will be on-line soon at no time

just hope it will happend for all japan economy

Our harts now with people of Japan to help them get back after unfortunate and horrable events.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #252
Banned

Mar 2008

I have many inquiries from Music Community and Scholars concerning benefits of my new production practice and method of producing symphonic orchestra
leaving many concerns about this aside I glad to declare that major benefit of this production that you can achieve greater recording working with less experienced orchestra interms additional cues that producer as a virtual conductor can add to nuances, dynamic and overall sonic effect of the performance for the benefit of listening experience that is the common goal in all recording and music production.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #253
Banned

Mar 2008

The most important advantage of virtual conducting is the total control of the balance among the orchestra sections that makes it a great recording that is takes a great orchestra and great amount of practice to achieve in life performance. I especially realize that advantage on Beethoven and Mahler symphonies.
However the modern common practice is not totally different for audio recording sessions because microphones usually getting placed to pick up different sections of orchestra at the real time performance but nobody before me went to complete oscillation of sections that actually made the production unique and more advanced if we talking from record producer point of view.

Last edited by Alexander J; 03-26-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #254
Banned

Mar 2008

Talking distribution side I am glad to inform that our titles are doing great as a special interest Audiophile product and it is an initiative to move our development to the mass market that I will be discussing with SONY Music Executives. However I can not guarantee that. That is why for a limited time we low prices on our titles to see of who it will act in a more general price range, so if you had plans to purchase my Audio Blus now it a good time.

Last edited by Alexander J; 03-31-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #255
Banned

Mar 2008

Also,
Glad to let know that development of our collecting will not be limited to classical music titles however we will be continuing to produce choral, soloist and number of chamber and organ music titles
as many of you requested
Jazz and Big Band 7.1 Music Series are on its way
we have manage to organize a wonderful ensemble of Jazz Musicians in Eastern Europe and I will be ready to show the results by the end of May Beginning of June.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #256

Apr 2011
Cool Problem with Bach Orchestral suites 1,2,3...

Hi Alexander, i just got my Bach Bluray from Amazon.com and have a strange issue: although the labeling on the box, as well as on the disk says Bach, there is no Bach on it. There are 7 tracks instead of 23 listed on the sleeve, playing time is 1h 29 min instead of 74 . The music is definitively not baroque, but seems to be like Mahler or some other more recent composer.
What should i do?
nethien

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #257
Banned

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethien View Post
Hi Alexander, i just got my Bach Bluray from Amazon.com and have a strange issue: although the labeling on the box, as well as on the disk says Bach, there is no Bach on it. There are 7 tracks instead of 23 listed on the sleeve, playing time is 1h 29 min instead of 74 . The music is definitively not baroque, but seems to be like Mahler or some other more recent composer.
What should i do?
nethien
they just labeled one disc wrong
just pm me your address and forward order confirmation from Amazon to
info@music-blu-ray.com

Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #258

May 2011
Default Beethoven Symphony No9 Blyray Disc

I ordered the Beethoven No9, Alexander Jero, from amazon and received what looks like a pirated disc.

The box it came in had multiple images of the cover on it and the disc was a standard blank with a poorly printed paper label.

The disc will not play on my Denon DVDA1UDCI.

Is the disc a legit or did I receive a bootleg and how do I go about getting the correct disc?

CGM

Old 05-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #259
Banned

Mar 2008

also glad to report that Jazz Stanards project DTS Music disc are on it's way to Amazon.

this is descrete multichanel 5.1 mx with instruments playing around the listener,
this was done back in 2008, but i count it as the one of my most valubale project for the development of surround music culture.

take a listen>

Last edited by Alexander J; 05-15-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #260

Jun 2008
Default Mystery

Mr. Jero – I am a staunch believer in the huge advantage multichannel has over stereo in conveying musical realism. I have a wonderful 7.1 channel setup, which is all too infrequently used with 7.1 discrete source material, 5.1 being the norm on Blu-ray or 5.0 with SACD. I also own two of the Surround Records Blu-rays: The Mozart/Brendel disk and the Bach/Fasolis disks. We have compared the Brendel to the Philips (OOP) SACD of the Mozart Concerto #25, and the Fasolis to the Arts SACD of the Bach Suites. In both cases, the Blu-rays sounded noticeably better than SACD’s on three different systems (one 7.1 and two 5.1) to three different sets of ears. Indeed, the Brendel disk delivers about the best piano sound I think I have ever heard.

But, there is still considerable mystery about what you are doing. This thread and your, pardon the term, anemic website or disk liner notes simply do not answer a host of obvious questions. I have been all through this thread, and I am still befuddled.

I think it is clear that the “Acoustic Reality Experience” series are licensed remasterings by you of multichannel sessions recorded by others. It is not perfectly clear how these came to be 7.1, as opposed to 5.0. Did you have access in the remastering to additional back channels or were these derived from the 5.0 mix. (The Philips SACD is, according to Erdo Groot now of Polyhymnia, a 5.0 release mislabeled as 5.1, but 5.1 vs. 5.0 is inconsequential). I do sense that the additional back channels add a sense of a larger hall with a distinct rear wall and that they provide a “behind the head” fill that is absent or attenuated in the 5 channel ITU setup I use for SACD’s. But, it does not, frankly, sound totally lifelike to me. It sounds a bit artificial vs. my live concert experience.

I just recently discovered your “New Dimensions of Sound Symphonic Series” and the mystery has grown exponentially. I realize that you may not wish to disclose proprietary secrets about your technique. But, where can I develop a better understanding of the recording technique employed on these disks? What is a “virtual conductor”? Who is the Surround Records International Orchestra? Does it exist as a body of players – apparently not? Is it recorded in a hall in real time with 7 or more discrete channels – apparently not? Is it built up Les Paul-style by smaller groups in multiple “voice overs”? Is it extracted and manipulated from previously recorded performances – perhaps so, but from discrete multichannel source material? Whatever they are, the answers to these questions will not deter me from buying any of these releases. It is only the veil of mystery surrounding them that is a deterrent.

Since this thread does not answer my questions, where might I find the answers?

Also, what is that reference , “courtesy of SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT” doing on your website multiple times? Do you or do you not have any affiliation with Sony?

Finally, I thought I saw multiple references to downloads of your material. Since your website is of no help, are they available in hi rez multichannel? How and where?

In Amazon user reviews, some have praised your work, while others have accused you of being a charlatan. I take no position on it other than to praise what I have heard. I have reported in glowing terms in forums at sa-cd.net and at hi rez highway the sonic results from the two disks of yours I have heard. If this newer material is recreated or simulated by electronic manipulation or anything else, much as the excellent Zenph stuff is, that is not a deterrent for me. The sonic results will speak for themselves. But, please, demystify the process. I think it can only help in marketing your efforts on disk.

Last edited by fitzcaraldo215; 05-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion