Best SteelBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.11
 
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96
 
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
 
Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$25.99
 
The Wind Rises (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Assassins Pride (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
The Secret World of Arrietty (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$16.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
guidofistpimp guidofistpimp is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
43
Default Steelbook Collection Thread

I didn't see a collection thread figured why not right ? So how many steelbooks do you own ? lets see pictures
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
miming (10-23-2015)
Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default Steelbook Collection Thread (gotta buy em all)

Not bad for a newbie eh?? :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #3
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

More :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
vivablu vivablu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
vivablu's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
429
2847
347
442
2748
150
24
384
Default

wow....I'm not sure if you're a newbie or not. Look at that Iron man & Captain America steels....they're gorgeous!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

I did want to buy the British Captain America steelbook, but it's sold out everywhere now. As you can probably tell, I got my one from Germany :-) I have got a few more steels, but not enough display brackets to put them on display. Have you been collecting long??
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #6
bevins2016 bevins2016 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bevins2016's Avatar
 
May 2013
Ohio
1123
60
235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post
I did want to buy the British Captain America steelbook, but it's sold out everywhere now. As you can probably tell, I got my one from Germany :-) I have got a few more steels, but not enough display brackets to put them on display. Have you been collecting long??
I'd be happy to trade you my UK Captain America for that one. Lol. I have been collecting steels myself for only about a year and a half and amassed about 100 in that time. I can only display between 5-10 unfortunately and the rest just sit spine out on the shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #7
vivablu vivablu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
vivablu's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
429
2847
347
442
2748
150
24
384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post
I did want to buy the British Captain America steelbook, but it's sold out everywhere now. As you can probably tell, I got my one from Germany :-) I have got a few more steels, but not enough display brackets to put them on display. Have you been collecting long??
I've been collecting since the age of DVDs, but never been a hard-core collector. I just got into collecting g2 steels this past couple years, but never went all out with this hobby. It's expensive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #8
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevins2016 View Post
I'd be happy to trade you my UK Captain America for that one. Lol. I have been collecting steels myself for only about a year and a half and amassed about 100 in that time. I can only display between 5-10 unfortunately and the rest just sit spine out on the shelf.
What's so special about my one?? They look identical don't they?? :-) I've just bought Toy Story 1,2 and 3 from amazon.de, I like the characters faces on the steelie instead of the regular everyday artwork you see on regular blu rays. I've got the entire Avengers collection apart from one.....THOR!!!! the thing is, it's so damn expensive lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

Very nice speed. While we really don't have a collection thread you also could have posted them here.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...85#post8835585

Don't know if you picked up anything recently though but still very nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #10
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Very nice speed. While we really don't have a collection thread you also could have posted them here.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...85#post8835585

Don't know if you picked up anything recently though but still very nice.
Cheers buddy :-) will do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #11
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post
Cheers buddy :-) will do.
All good bud. Maybe we need to make a thread for collections. Not sure if the mods would approve or if we need one since we have the haul thread. I'll have to ask around and test the waters.

So if you don't mind me asking. How did you go about getting some of those? Did you get them when they first came out or are they recent pickups?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #12
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
All good bud. Maybe we need to make a thread for collections. Not sure if the mods would approve or if we need one since we have the haul thread. I'll have to ask around and test the waters.

So if you don't mind me asking. How did you go about getting some of those? Did you get them when they first came out or are they recent pickups?
I looked around and saw that they were quite rare (and also very expensive) lol so to kick start what seems an awesome (and expensive lol) hobby, I decided to start at the top, not quite futureshop iron man or German Rambo (a little too expensive) lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #13
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

^^^

Oh Lord, I'm afraid to ask how much you paid then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 AM   #14
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
^^^

Oh Lord, I'm afraid to ask how much you paid then.
Captain America 105
Iron Man 100
I got pacific rim brand new from amazon, as did I the rest of my steelies. I'm really after Thor, I have the entire Avengers collection except Thor, if you know any places that are selling it (not at a ridiculous price lol) let me know buddy. Do you have any steelies for sale?? What are scalpers??
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #15
guidofistpimp guidofistpimp is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post

Captain America 105
Iron Man 100



I got pacific rim brand new from amazon, as did I the rest of my steelies. I'm really after Thor, I have the entire Avengers collection except Thor, if you know any places that are selling it (not at a ridiculous price lol) let me know buddy. Do you have any steelies for sale?? What are scalpers??
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidofistpimp View Post
I didn't see a collection thread figured why not right ? So how many steelbooks do you own ? lets see pictures
Neoz was thinking about doing this, good call buddy :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #17
speedyjay speedyjay is offline
Active Member
 
speedyjay's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

I don't get it lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 AM   #18
vivablu vivablu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
vivablu's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
429
2847
347
442
2748
150
24
384
Default

I guess he's surprised at the prices you paid for them. They were less than 30 when they were released.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #19
Smigro Smigro is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Philly suburbs
3
128
1197
11
31
248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post
I looked around and saw that they were quite rare (and also very expensive) lol so to kick start what seems an awesome (and expensive lol) hobby, I decided to start at the top, not quite futureshop iron man or German Rambo (a little too expensive) lol
You may want to look into the new Blufans release for Thor since it will have separate steelbooks for both films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 AM   #20
Smigro Smigro is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Philly suburbs
3
128
1197
11
31
248
Default

Welcome to the club and prepare yourself. I started collecting steels about a year ago and went from 0-150 in that time.

I have slowed a bit lately and am pretty much limiting myself to Marvel, Disney and movies that really like. It is just too expensive to try and own every steelbook out there but props to those that can afford it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39 AM.