Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
6 hrs ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42
20 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #1

Apr 2009
India/Bollywood Agneepath 2012 Blu Ray

Hi guys I just watched this movie in theater. Just one word to say is it was just amazing movie overall with lot of action and great Chikni Chameli song. Best act by Viju, Kancha, and Rauf Lala. I would love to watch this movie on blu ray. Can we expect this on BD.. please...
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxx View Post
Hi guys I just watched this movie in theater. Just one word to say is it was just amazing movie overall with lot of action and great Chikni Chameli song. Best act by Viju, Kancha, and Rauf Lala. I would love to watch this movie on blu ray. Can we expect this on BD.. please...
another thread!!!!
pls use search field before creating a new thread.
i request mods to either merge or close this.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Reliance will release this
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #4

Sep 2011
Ny

eros has the rights so i think eros will release the bluray...
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #5

Oct 2009

OH NO! Not them zEros again!! sigh!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #6

Sep 2009
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantedTM View Post
eros has the rights so i think eros will release the bluray...
only internationally...
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #7

Dec 2009

cant wait for bluray! saw this in cinema and sound was awesome! packed a punch! movie was good too..even though they edited out some of the blood and violence..(if you watch the trailers you will see some scenes in there that didnt make it to the theatrical release..i really hope they put those scenes back in for the bluray release!)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #8

Oct 2009
Sherman Oaks , California
Smile Amazing movie, visually

I just watched this movie in theatre, and it was truly stellar its picture quality. I have never seen such starkness and clarity in picure and perfect contrast. The picture quality is very resolute sharp and visually stunning.

The movie itself has a a riveting story. It makes you cry, the story about Vijay's misfortune with his father and his continuing tragic emotional tale. I was blown away by Sanjay dutts acting and his physical persona for his charecter. It equalled hanibal lecter, reminded me of that movie.

The story is truly engrossing and you really get into Vijay's tragic life and caught in the rollercoaster of his decisions and choices.

One of the top movies i have seen the past few years, loved it truly.

Cant wait for the blu ray. The action scenes are gory, graphic and truly spectacular.

Truly reference quality it will be.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Everyone who has seen this is praising about the picture quality and sound - I hope the studio will do justice to bring out a reference quality BD.

I guess Reliance behind the Indian BD release is a good news.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
Cant wait for the blu ray. The action scenes are gory, graphic and truly spectacular.
Is it Rated R?
PSN ID: Corleone3142

"Time has passed, and I have loved many women and as they've held me close, and asked me if I'll remember them, I've said, "Yes, I'll remember you."
But the only one I've never forgotten, is the one who never asked:.............Malena..."

Giuseppe Sulfaro near the end credits - (Malèna)
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #11

Dec 2009

when we say 'gory' we mean by indian film standards..well thats what i meant anyway...hollywood has reached a level of gore the indian film industry will probably never get too...
so dont go into the movie thinking GOREFEST..think of it as gory,rough,in your face....as per indian standards..
Old 01-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Y'know what would actually be cool? If they gave you a double BR set with a nice restoration of the Amitabh Bachchan version. Highly unlikely to happen but hey, most threads on this forum are of the wish list variety so why not this?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Y'know what would actually be cool? If they gave you a double BR set with a nice restoration of the Amitabh Bachchan version. Highly unlikely to happen but hey, most threads on this forum are of the wish list variety so why not this?
Great Idea and a perfect way to enjoy the old and the present. But as you said, highly unlikely unless KJO can do something good for a change - like buying the rights for old Agneepath and get it remastered and release it along with the new in a cool boxset.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
Great Idea and a perfect way to enjoy the old and the present. But as you said, highly unlikely unless KJO can do something good for a change - like buying the rights for old Agneepath and get it remastered and release it along with the new in a cool boxset.
He doesn't need to buy the rights, he already owns them. Agneepath was produced by Dharma Productions during his dad Yash Johar's time. The guy spent a bomb on the film but it had mixed BO performance - the attempt to give Amitabh's voice a different gravelly timbre in recording backfired badly with audiences thinking that he had been dubbed for by someone else. They then released fresh prints with a recording of Amitabh's usual voice, but some damage had already been done to the film's prospects.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
He doesn't need to buy the rights, he already owns them. Agneepath was produced by Dharma Productions during his dad Yash Johar's time.
Perfect . Now, someone should pass on the idea to Karan. It would be a nice way to celebrate his success (if the new one becomes a hit) and a tribute to his father in one lovely boxset.
My Theater Gallery
Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #16

Apr 2009
Default Reply

Agneepath 2012 in the opening first week, the producer of the film made 25 crore profit which is huge. I am sure it will be a great success movie. I have my fingers crossed for bd. I hope Reliance Entertainment might take a step ahead and produce this on BD. The audience will be hugely dissapointed if zeros is after this one.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
Perfect . Now, someone should pass on the idea to Karan. It would be a nice way to celebrate his success (if the new one becomes a hit) and a tribute to his father in one lovely boxset.
I have communicated the Idea to Karan Johar (@kjohar25) on Twitter, i guess if we all do it, he might just listen. Brilliant idea by the way
Old 02-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #18

Feb 2010

Quote:
His Dad made better films imho than gay johar lol
Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Now that's offensive. His sexuality has nothing to do with his movies.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Now that's offensive. His sexuality has nothing to do with his movies.
+1... and i've heard somewhere about him marrying ekta kapoor. so he isn't gay then!!

Last edited by divyansh; 02-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India