Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Rhode Island
Default The Boneyard (1991)

Quote:
Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW REMASTER struck from the original camera negative
  • EXCLUSIVE extensive color correction exclusive completed for Code Red's upcoming release
  • BRAND NEW Exclusive to Code Red Version interview with Producer Phil Smoot and Crew Members From North Carolina
  • Uncompressed LPCM Stereo Soundtrack
  • Audio Commentary with Director James Cummins and Producer Richard F. Brophy
  • Interviews With Actress Phyllis Diller, Director James Cummins and Producer Richard F. Brophy
  • Reversible Sleeve with Alternate Artwork
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-B...lu-ray/105994/
Thanks given by:
DarknessBDJM (02-21-2018), Goblins (02-14-2018), SMOOT (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #2

Sep 2012

Finally! I love this movie, is so fun and campy! I thought I will never see a blu ray release of this.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

The 'webmaster' must have an irreverent sense of humor:

Quote:
One of the greatest zombie movies you probably never saw is finally back to chew its way into your 88 Films collection!
Quote:
this is one low budget bout of blood-splattered brilliance that more than deserves its HD premiere from 88 Films.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (02-14-2018), dissention (02-16-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
Special Member

Feb 2017
Nashville

Never heard of this one. Any fans?
Old 02-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #5

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJoynt View Post
Never heard of this one. Any fans?
I'm a Fan! I preordered since day one I really don't know how to describe this movie, but is really campy and fun. I recommended to any low budget horror fan that loves zombie/monster movies.
Thanks given by:
BrianJoynt (02-20-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 12:42 AM   #6

Oct 2012
Eagle River Alaska

Wow I haven't heard or thought about this movie in years!
Definitely pre-ordering this one for the collection
Old 02-21-2018, 02:58 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Here's the 88 Films list of extras, for comparison:

Quote:
New HD Restoration from the Original Negative
Uncompressed LPCM Stereo Soundtrack
Optional English Subtitles
Audio Commentary with Director James Cummins and Producer Richard F. Brophy
Interview with Actress Phyliss Diller
Interview with Director James Cummins
Interview with Producer Richard F. Brophy
Reversible Sleeve with Alternate Comedy Artwork
Interesting. I wonder who will have the superior disc?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #8

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post
Here's the 88 Films list of extras, for comparison:

Interesting. I wonder who will have the superior disc?
Code reds description seems to imply it has further restoration work done on it.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:20 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
WI, USA

That tends to be the case with anything 88 releases at about the same time as other labels. They like to get things out first even if it means skipping things like color correction in the process. Delirium, Amuck, etc. It will probably be a matter of how much did the transfer suffer from their skipping it? With the price on the US version being so low I don't think they have that going for them like they usually do.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2014

The trailer to this looks crazy, I may have to blind buy it.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #11

Jul 2016
Miami,Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecocodrilo View Post
I'm a Fan! I preordered since day one I really don't know how to describe this movie, but is really campy and fun. I recommended to any low budget horror fan that loves zombie/monster movies.
Same here, its a fun romp Gonna be great to upgrade the old DVD. I love how ridiculous it gets LOL!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #12

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Old 04-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

Oct 2012
Eagle River Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damonstein View Post
Code reds description seems to imply it has further restoration work done on it.
Please pardon my ignorance, but are there two versions of this movie being released from two different companies?
I googled the code red version and found it but can't seem to locate the second disc. I'd prefer to get the one that has the optimal restoration and not a quickie turnover.
UPDATE: Nevermind I found it, it's region locked so I guess it's gonna have to be the code red version.

Last edited by cowbybill; 04-13-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: update to reasearch
Old 04-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #14
Expert Member

Oct 2007

I was happy to see this from the DvdBeaver review:

"Though both transfers are worthy of your purchase, I would personally lean towards the Code Red Blu-ray for their ever-so-slightly better blacks, better sound, and the extra featurette."

and

"Code Red has one exclusive extra, being an interview with actress Sallie Middleton by the producer Phil Smoot. This is an interesting addition and recommended for fans of the film."

Made me feel like the effort on the Extra was worth it.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDre...rd_blu-ray.htm
Thanks given by:
RadicalThrasher (04-29-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 11:39 PM   #15
Banned

May 2009

This was a fun blind buy at under $16.

I had heard it was hailed as a "dark comedy" and had expected more comedy to it than what it had. But it seemed to start out as a noir-ish type thriller with the detective trying to get the psychic to take on one last case. Sadly, the psychic seemed to be the weakest link in the chain, as she seemed to be from the local Dinner Theater troupe (funnily enough, in the extras it sounds like the seasoned pros had enough of her antics) but I liked the unconventional actor choices, if only she had been better at her craft. Her introduction was really good though. The other two younger actors (cop and woman who shows up later in the film) were also not very good, but hey didn't get much to do either.

Regretfully, I disliked having the cover spoil part of the movie, BUT it was also a large part in getting me to blind buy, so I won't complain much.

Creature designs all around were AWESOME! Without spoiling much, one of them was pretty low-fi theme-park mascot-ish, but HILARIOUS! But everything in the film was of a quality that I'd love to own as action figures for my monster shelves. The ghouls were incredibly creepy, and the sound design when they tried to break into a room was just freaky! Well done!

And as SMOOT pointed out about the extra, yes, thank you, it was very much worth it. I enjoyed seeing her mementos and scrapbook as well as hearing more about her experience on the film. It was actually the first extra I watched on the disc. I did wonder how her kids felt about having their mom's 9-year old head bust hanging around their home watching over them

Norman Fell with a rat tail! I forgot all about that hair style! And so wonderful that Phyllis Diller went with her natural hair. As everyone points out, it was perfect for her character.

I'm really glad this film made it to Blu Ray. This is the type of movie that keeps me excited for blind buys, discovering those gems I never knew existed.
Thanks given by:
A.O. (04-27-2018), RadicalThrasher (04-26-2018), therock666 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #16
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelNurseRN View Post
This was a fun blind buy at under $16.
Norman Fell with a rat tail! I forgot all about that hair style! And so wonderful that Phyllis Diller went with her natural hair. As everyone points out, it was perfect for her character.

Norman Fell's rat-tail hair may have come from Alice Cooper originally being offered the part (although I can't confirm that this was in Director James Cummins mind).

I do remember that after Cooper was found to be unavailable that an offer went out to Don Knotts. He was willing but wanted more money than the budget would bear. Interesting to think of seeing him (Mayberry's Barney Fife) with a rat tail.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #17
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Nice review here from DVD Drive-In

http://dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/boneyardblu91cr.htm
Old 04-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
NJ (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOOT View Post
Norman Fell's rat-tail hair may have come from Alice Cooper originally being offered the part (although I can't confirm that this was in Director James Cummins mind).

I do remember that after Cooper was found to be unavailable that an offer went out to Don Knotts. He was willing but wanted more money than the budget would bear. Interesting to think of seeing him (Mayberry's Barney Fife) with a rat tail.
The director must've been a big fan of Three's Company. But he only wanted older actors? John Ritter would've worn a rat tail more convincingly IMO.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:02 AM   #19
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema74 View Post
The director must've been a big fan of Three's Company. But he only wanted older actors? John Ritter would've worn a rat tail more convincingly IMO.
I think James Cummins (the Director) was looking for someone who looked like they had worked at the "boneyard" for a very long time.

John Ritter, who was not offered the role,
was the same age as Alice Cooper (both born 1948),
but I think on any day John Ritter looked much younger!

Alice Cooper certainly would have given it that "I've worked here too long" look,
as I think Norman Fell does simply by being 65 years old at the time.

Don Knotts (who was made an offer to play the character) and Norman Fell were the same age (both born 1924).
Thanks given by:
RadicalThrasher (04-29-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 05:30 AM   #20

Nov 2014
United States, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelNurseRN View Post
[Show spoiler]This was a fun blind buy at under $16.

I had heard it was hailed as a "dark comedy" and had expected more comedy to it than what it had. But it seemed to start out as a noir-ish type thriller with the detective trying to get the psychic to take on one last case. Sadly, the psychic seemed to be the weakest link in the chain, as she seemed to be from the local Dinner Theater troupe (funnily enough, in the extras it sounds like the seasoned pros had enough of her antics) but I liked the unconventional actor choices, if only she had been better at her craft. Her introduction was really good though. The other two younger actors (cop and woman who shows up later in the film) were also not very good, but hey didn't get much to do either.

Regretfully, I disliked having the cover spoil part of the movie, BUT it was also a large part in getting me to blind buy, so I won't complain much.

Creature designs all around were AWESOME! Without spoiling much, one of them was pretty low-fi theme-park mascot-ish, but HILARIOUS! But everything in the film was of a quality that I'd love to own as action figures for my monster shelves. The ghouls were incredibly creepy, and the sound design when they tried to break into a room was just freaky! Well done!

And as SMOOT pointed out about the extra, yes, thank you, it was very much worth it. I enjoyed seeing her mementos and scrapbook as well as hearing more about her experience on the film. It was actually the first extra I watched on the disc. I did wonder how her kids felt about having their mom's 9-year old head bust hanging around their home watching over them

I'm really glad this film made it to Blu Ray. This is the type of movie that keeps me excited for blind buys, discovering those gems I never knew existed.
Well, damn... with this kind of feedback, I may have to pick this up sooner rather than later! Appreciate you posting your thoughts/review.
Thanks given by:
SMOOT (04-27-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America