Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99
21 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$22.99
11 hrs ago
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate Kick-Ass 2
1 out of 5 11 6.47%
1.5 out of 5 2 1.18%
2 out of 5 6 3.53%
2.5 out of 5 4 2.35%
3 out of 5 21 12.35%
3.5 out of 5 40 23.53%
4 out of 5 58 34.12%
4.5 out of 5 19 11.18%
5 out of 5 9 5.29%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #1261
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
Dumb humor shouldn't be learned to enjoy, it should be quickly disposed of, forgotten.
So I don't learn to like it, that's fine, I still enjoyed the rest of the movie more than enough to get this on BD. Not sure why people who hate or dislike movies insist on posting in threads for those movies, makes them come across as trolls or people who are attempting to troll.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #1262
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
So I don't learn to like it, that's fine, I still enjoyed the rest of the movie more than enough to get this on BD. Not sure why people who hate or dislike movies insist on posting in threads for those movies, makes them come across as trolls or people who are attempting to troll.
This comes up in literally every big release thread. Nothing Andrew is posting is 'trolling'. Just disagreement.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #1263
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
This comes up in literally every big release thread. Nothing Andrew is posting is 'trolling'. Just disagreement.
Once is disagreement, more than that is trolling.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #1264
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBlu-rayBrotherEd View Post
He's responding to posts.

What you're saying though is positive posts can be unlimited and negative posts have a limit? Ridiculous.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #1265
Banned

Feb 2012
OH

Quote:
I disagree and I kinda loved this film . Abdrews has a right to respond to others and engage in conversation. He's not posting the same thing multiple times.
I completely disagree with his rating of the film but I understand why he feels that way about it.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #1266
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
He's responding to posts.

What you're saying though is positive posts can be unlimited and negative posts have a limit? Ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous. It's called decorum, manners, something some people on here seem to know nothing about. Look at all the problems in the MOS thread a while back. Caused by people constantly coming back beating the same dead horse. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, it's how the disagreements are made on here that get posts deleted and people banned.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #1267
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
I disagree and I kinda loved this film . Abdrews has a right to respond to others and engage in conversation. He's not posting the same thing multiple times.
I completely disagree with his rating of the film but I understand why he feels that way about it.
I wasn't responding directly to Abdrews, more to the general attitude on these forums lately.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #1268
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Back on topic. I'mma see this movie in 50 min.....
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1269
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
It's not ridiculous. It's called decorum, manners, something some people on here seem to know nothing about. Look at all the problems in the MOS thread a while back. Caused by people constantly coming back beating the same dead horse. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, it's how the disagreements are made on here that get posts deleted and people banned.
The Man of Steel thread was embarrassing and I liked that film. Again, nothing Andrew posted is against 'decorum' or 'manners'. This is his first time even commenting on the film. People whining about negative opinions is always worse.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #1270
Blu-ray Duke

May 2011
Texas

Quote:
The first post, I was stating my brief reaction, the second and third time (i believe) I was RESPONDING to Mr. Blonde and Anakin's posts. I do not understand the hostility to an opposing stance
Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #1271
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Quote:
I wasn't responding directly to Abdrews, more to the general attitude on these forums lately.
Quote:
Back on topic. I'mma see this movie in 50 min.....
Quote:
The Man of Steel thread was embarrassing and I liked that film. Again, nothing Andrew posted is against 'decorum' or 'manners'. This is his first time even commenting on the film. People whining about negative opinions is always worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
The first post, I was stating my brief reaction, the second and third time (i believe) I was RESPONDING to Mr. Blonde and Anakin's posts. I do not understand the hostility to an opposing stance
Like I said.

People whining about people whining about negative opinions is the absolute worst.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #1272
Blu-ray Duke

May 2011
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Not sure why people who hate or dislike movies insist on posting in threads for those movies, makes them come across as trolls or people who are attempting to troll.
I can't even count how many times you have stated your dislike for The Godfather, 2001, etc. Shall I label you a troll aswell? No. I acknowledge your right to state your opinion, over and over and over again.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #1273
Blu-ray Duke

May 2011
Texas

Quote:
Like I said.

People whining about people whining about negative opinions is the absolute worst.
Quit whining about my negative opinion then.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #1274
Special Member

Dec 2011
Canton, OH

I really enjoyed the first Kick-Ass film. 8/10

I was really looking forward to this, but didn't expect to like this one as much because the trailers looked just okay. However, I really liked it!

It was a lot of fun. I probably liked it equally to the first. Maybe a notch down. There were a few things I liked more about the first film. The recasting of Todd sucked, and I was underwhelmed with the little use of Jim Carrey. I would of loved to see more of him. But it was really fun and I look forward to seeing it again and buying the BD! 8/10

Here's hoping for Kick-Ass 3
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #1275
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
I agree. The first time I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang I thought it sucked. I watched it again a couple of years later and about fell off the couch laughing. I guess it sometimes depends on the mood you are in when you watch a movie.
I'll admit. Watched KKBB without finishing it. Saw it before I had acquired a taste for that brand of humor. Seeing it today I'd likely enjoy it. You can watch things in the wrong mood or before you've learned to appreciate that type of film.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #1276
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Man this thread is really boring, just old geezers moaning about masterbation and puke, not even Fox News has a problem with this crap.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #1277
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I went to see this on Monday and loved it! It was just as good as the first one, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
Oh gosh...
I did NOT mean to offend anyone with my comment (But I guess that is an inevitability, this IS the internet after all). And yes, I did base my comment on HOW I THINK she'll look down the line given her current looks. I can see her growing up to become a very attractive, and yes, hot, woman based on that, as I find her very pretty now. It's just guesswork and it was a play on words, that's all.
Is that wrong? Does that make me a pedophile? Please, take a chill pill...
I'm not going to say Chloe is hot because she's 16 and I'm 35 and I don't think that is appropriate, but I do agree that she is a very beautiful girl and she definately is going to look better and better as she gets older. I understand the frustration people feel when someone calls a teenager hot because there are a lot of pedophiles out there, but I don't think it's wrong to simply say someone is beautiful or good looking. As long as it's not said in a sexual or derogatory nature, I think it is ok. Like, I have a few nieces who are in their teens. I'm not going to say they're hot because well, that's not cool, but I do think they're beautiful and will tell them that. Does that make me a pedophile? I don't think so. It's meant as a compliment. Chloe is a very attractive and very talented young actress who IMO will only get better with age. I'm definately a fan of hers and own a lot of films she's been in.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #1278
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
I really enjoyed the first Kick-Ass film. 8/10

I was really looking forward to this, but didn't expect to like this one as much because the trailers looked just okay. However, I really liked it!

It was a lot of fun. I probably liked it equally to the first. Maybe a notch down. There were a few things I liked more about the first film. The recasting of Todd sucked, and I was underwhelmed with the little use of Jim Carrey. I would of loved to see more of him. But it was really fun and I look forward to seeing it again and buying the BD! 8/10

Here's hoping for Kick-Ass 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
I went to see this on Monday and loved it! It was just as good as the first one, IMO.
I liked it very much, as well. I gave it a 4.5\5.

Day one blu purchase for me; by far the most fun I've had at the films in a long, long time.
Honestly? I may go see it again, and that happens very seldom these days. I'd love to see it again, and I'm sure it can use the boost.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #1279
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Wow, finally some positive comments about the film!

Seriously though, I'm glad people enjoyed Kick Ass 2. I'm definitely getting this on Blu-ray.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #1280
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Mississauga, ON
Canada

Watching the first one currently and forgot how much I enjoyed it, hoping the new one is not as bad as some reviews are suggesting.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies