Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RoboCop Trilogy Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 day ago
Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rear Window 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
4 hrs ago
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
In the Heights (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Shawshank Redemption 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
In the Heights 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #1

Jan 2007
Default The Grass-Roots Educational Campaign Can Begin

Hey, everyone. You may have seen a few of my posts around here a while ago, but I have been unable to post much recently because I have had to write an 80-page thesis for my college. I turned that in yesterday, and am now back and ready to contribute to the Blu-Ray cause once again.

Being a politics major, I know a few things about campaigning and educating people about important issues, so I was planning to start a grass-roots campaign to help educate people about the format war going on right now. I was hoping I could enlist some of your guys's help with it. I plan on printing up fliers, pamphlets, and other things with key information about the way the format war is headed. I don't want any FUD, I just want facts. I don't want to blatantly advocate Blu-Ray, I just want to convince people to hold off on a hi-def purchase until they know enough to make an intelligent choice.

That's why I would like to get opinions from those who post here about which charts and graphs would be the best to show the recent trends in the format war. I'm going to post these fliers around campus to see how many people I can educate about what's going on. If you think this is stupid and won't have any impact, please don't post here, just hit the back button and move on, but if you would like to help, then by all means post whatever charts and graphs you have seen on the net, and hopefully together we can at least prevent people from making an uneducated choice when it comes to what format to support.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Atlanta, Georgia

In Dialog's post he has a link to the Sony report using Nielsen VideoScan numbers. It is the most comprehensive report available to consumers. You can find that link HERE.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology