Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 10-28-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default Xbox Unsure About Game Pass on Competitor Platforms

From PureXbox and the GameReactor interview I already linked to on here a few days ago. Not really sure how I feel about the fact that they are open to taking it to the competition. Makes me feel like they care more about Game Pass than anything else, and is odd timing when they seems to be putting in a lot of effort to finally having substantial 1st party output that they should have been doing a while ago.

In other words, this is something that should be on the Xbox platform, not on a PlayStation. Yes, I know it's on the PC and mobile, but almost everything is now. And, yes, I know there's basically no chance Sony agrees to it. Maybe I'm just making a bigger deal out of it than I should be?

Quote:
There's been talk about expanding Xbox's Game Pass subscription service to other platforms on multiple occasions in the past, and in a GameReactor interview featuring Xbox head Phil Spencer, the question has been raised once again.

So, would Phil and his team be willing to bring Game Pass to the PlayStation and Switch? While he's not entirely sure they're the "next set of users", he says Microsoft could be open to discussions. Here's his response:

"We still have iOS to go after, we will come to iOS at some point. We're still working on some of our technology on PC for larger screens in terms of streaming, and getting to iOS, and I think once we get through that, we look at what the other options are. There's smart TV's out there, there's Chromebooks out there, there's FireTV out there, there's a lot of discussions we would have, we would prioritize it based on where we would find the most new players, that we could naturally bring content to.
I love the Switch, I love PlayStation, honestly, I think they've done an amazing job as being a part of this industry. I'm not sure that those are the next big set of users for us, but we could be open to those discussions."
Old 10-29-2020, 12:53 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

The issue with Gamepass sub is it is a “competitor” to Sony’s PS Now sub.

So naturally, Sony would say no thanks, we have our own.

Nintendo likes to curate games on their platform for an E rating with exceptions here & there. The problem though is more to due with the Switches limited hardware specs so even if given the green light, not all Gamepass games would port over.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2017

Microsoft has already said they care less about the console and more about the ecosystem and that's pretty obvious. They wouldn't mind putting game pass on other consoles. That's access to more players that might not be given Microsoft a chance otherwise because they didn't want to buy another console to play a few exclusives for instance. It would actually he cool on Switch due to it's screen size and portability. Although probably just xcloud for Switch.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:27 AM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
Microsoft has already said they care less about the console and more about the ecosystem and that's pretty obvious. They wouldn't mind putting game pass on other consoles. That's access to more players that might not be given Microsoft a chance otherwise because they didn't want to buy another console to play a few exclusives for instance. It would actually he cool on Switch due to it's screen size and portability. Although probably just xcloud for Switch.
That's probably where I have the biggest problem. I care about getting a console every generation, and it's becoming a real possibility that they may end up stepping away unless the Series X turns out to be a big hit for them.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

I'd love me some Gamepass on my PS5, best of both worlds
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X